British Speedway Forum

At least you are walking. One, who you know, is on crutches and is currently in the RVI. Not a bad night considering the little match on the TV, so we only had 12 players, but who played right through the hour with not having any subs. Despite the fatigue, injuries, dispute about the score, knackered feeling this morning and the one lame one in the RVI having his knee evaluated, everyone's comments seem to be about when the next 6 a side match is, and also keeping the number to about 16 max.

Some folks just never larn. :D

haha aye he text me this morning, nar I enjoyed it, and thanks for organizing it dave. we should do it monthly... Even if I am suffering badly!!.... Poor mala that's speedway and football careers up in the air, suppose he'll have to stick to the drink lol :)
  • Like 2

Sunday is the second last Sunday to get the trackwork finished. We have some posts to finish, mesh to put on and then it will be time to secure the plastic netting onto the mesh. That will allow us to start fixing the kickboards to the posts and it will start to look a bit more near completion. Kickboards are a big job and need to be right and it will take us through to next Sunday 17th when it is hoped it will be completed. It that does not look likely we will have to seek permission to do some midweek working.

It really is critical and I hope again we get the usual workers, even though we are going to start at 9.00am on Sunday, and the fact that there could be some light snow at 9.00am but not returning till 6.00pm after we have finished and left the stadium. Wrap up in warm clothing. and note we will not be painting so it wont get it on your clothes. Warm drinks and bickies will be available throughout the day.

As you will gather, it really is important we have a big day on Sunday and YES I am missing the TOON against Stoke, it is that important.

See ya there.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

Immense amount of work completed today by those who turned up, despite family considerations, and the heavy bouts of snow with a few whiteouts. Amazing how refreshing hot coffee is after a good spell of work. Just the kickboards to put back on and to fasten the plastic mesh to the new fence.

Work restarts again next Sunday starting at 9.00am to get as much done as possible. If you have a few hours to spare next Sunday, and want to do a bit for Newcastle Speedway, then Brough Park next Sunday is the place to be.

Thanks in anticipation.

Dave R

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

Immense amount of work completed today by those who turned up, despite family considerations, and the heavy bouts of snow with a few whiteouts. Amazing how refreshing hot coffee is after a good spell of work. Just the kickboards to put back on and to fasten the plastic mesh to the new fence.

Work restarts again next Sunday starting at 9.00pm to get as much done as possible. If you have a few hours to spare next Sunday, and want to do a bit for Newcastle Speedway, then Brough Park next Sunday is the place to be.

Thanks in anticipation.

Dave R

Think you should change the time to 9 AM Dave. 9 PM might be a bit late!!! :P

I'll try and get down this Sunday to help out, now that I'm getting the car fixed this Saturday.

Edited by The Abbott

In the meantime, Newcastle fans, as we are at Lakeside, must be very encouraged by the performance of Richie on Saturday. To win two heats ahead of Chris Harris then Hans Andersen - fantastic!

Think you should change the time to 9 AM Dave. 9 PM might be a bit late!!! :P

I'll try and get down this Sunday to help out, now that I'm getting the car fixed this Saturday.

Now changed, thanks for that.

In the meantime, Newcastle fans, as we are at Lakeside, must be very encouraged by the performance of Richie on Saturday. To win two heats ahead of Chris Harris then Hans Andersen - fantastic!

Very encouraged by his comeback rides, and two big scalps in his first rides . Going to be tight for the number 1 spot at Newcastle as Richie adds more of this years scores to increase his average . His real average last year had him as our number 1 without rolling average.

The main thing is that he can trap like a GP rider a lot of the time. That will always stand him in good stead. He now has good kit and can stay in front too.

Fingers crossed for an injury free season. Team GB needs another young star coming through.

• Like 3

Very encouraging to see Richie score so well on top of his comeback meetings in NZ. I did worry that he might find it tough coming back after such a bad injury but the early signs are very reassuring.

Richie and Steve are the key riders for us. We lack an obvious number 1 but if Richie can steer clear of injuries he could be a 9+ rider this year, as he was last year before injury albeit from reserve. Likewise Steve will be the senior reserve this year and we'll need him to be providing solid support for the top 5.

If they can both do that we'll be a major contender (injuries aside of course) as the rest of the top 5 looks very solid, with Robson, Lindgren, Tully & Henry all capable of double figure scores, although I still think we'll miss Ned in the away matches.

Edited by NJC71

Very encouraging to see Richie score so well on top of his comeback meetings in NZ. I did worry that he might find it tough coming back after such a bad injury but the early signs are very reassuring.

Richie and Steve are the key riders for us. We lack an obvious number 1 but if Richie can steer clear of injuries he could be a 9+ rider this year, as he was last year before injury albeit from reserve. Likewise Steve will be the senior reserve this year and we'll need him to be providing solid support for the top 5.

If they can both do that we'll be a major contender (injuries aside of course) as the rest of the top 5 looks very solid, with Robson, Lindgren, Tully & Henry all capable of double figure scores, although I still think we'll miss Ned in the away matches.

Yes - I'm quite surprised that nobody has signed Claus over here. I am sure he could have done a job for someone.

Yes - I'm quite surprised that nobody has signed Claus over here. I am sure he could have done a job for someone.

Update on Newcastle website.

But it says the site will be up and down as it gets updated before the start of the new season,,,,,,,,

Newcastle Speedway's Press Day will take place on Monday 25th March 2013.

Practice, Meet the Riders Night and Press Day - it's all go for Newcastle Speedway.

Next weekend sees the Sapphire Engineering Diamonds on track as well as looking forward to meeting the supporters in preparation for the 2013 season.

Sunday March 24th at 1pm sees a team practice session at the Newcastle Stadium and then later that evening the riders will be at the Corner House in Heaton for a social evening that starts at 7.30pm.

The re-launched Newcastle Speedway Supporters Club will be hosting the event and as a special one-off. This event will be completely free of charge as the Supporters Club build up their membership and look forward to as many supporters as possible coming along to meet the 2013 team.

The evening will have the usual interviews, raffle and a fun quiz to keep everybody entertained before the official Newcastle Speedway Press Day which is on Monday March 25th.

Press Day begins at 11am with photo shoots and interviews before the team take to the track once again though this time it will be a 12 noon start.

The action then starts the weekend after at Workington v Newcastle (Ian Thomas Shield 1st Leg) Saturday March 30th 7pm at Derwent Park followed by the home leg Newcastle v Workington (Ian Thomas Shield 2nd Leg) Sunday March 31st 6.30pm at Brough Park.

RIP Billy :( proper supporter of everything Newcastle.

?? :sad: :sad:

• Like 1

?? :sad: :sad:

a bloke... Billy( swifty).. who's went to the speedway, football etc for years mate, died last week...funeral tomorrow... Lovely bloke.

a bloke... Billy( swifty).. who's went to the speedway, football etc for years mate, died last week...funeral tomorrow... Lovely bloke.

Sorry to hear about this Arson.

May he Rest in Peace +

Would he be Billy that Bobby Beaton called Billy Gillette?

Edited by tyretrax