British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Ipswich (koc) 2nd Leg 27/04/13 7.00pm

Only if i could get a pound for every time MJJ fan club posted nonsense on this forum!

I'm not greedy, at 20p it would make ya rich! :drink:

• Like 1

Only if i could get a pound for every time MJJ fan club posted nonsense on this forum!

50p would do me

Badly injured enough to withdraw from a meeting he was struggling in, but made a remarkable recovery to race in a meeting two days later. Threw his toys out of the pram cos he knew he was getting seeded through

Or maybe it was a conspiracy to stop Bridger getting one of the seeded places ...

• Like 1

Considering the way the Witches rode at DP on Saturday night, the last thing that Ipswich fans will be doing on 29th June is hanging on every woop, woop from Live Updates :lol: .

Considering the way the Witches rode at DP on Saturday night, the last thing that Ipswich fans will be doing on 29th June is hanging on every woop, woop from Live Updates :lol: .

That's easy then you update meeting and I will text

Perfectly reasonable question.

Stead suffered his injury last Saturday. By Thursday, we would have been recuperating, but not ready to race. By this Saturday he was.

In Barker's case he was "fine" when Thursday's meeting started, THEN got injured & without the NHS providing a general update on his fitness on FRiday, he turned out less than 48 hours after sustaining an injury that caused his withdrawal on Thursday.

You must publish the NHS injured speedway riders website - would be very useful.

Barker had an x-ray on Friday which indicated no break, was strapped up and declared himself fit.

After Saturday's result, I'm glad he made the effort!

Any press coverage is better than none.

Any speedway is better than none.

The reason speedway is where it is today.

Absolutely agree.

That's easy then you update meeting and I will text

No thanks, I have already rushed out and found a much more interesting prior engagement.

now , now . You bit as well Blobs :P

now , now . You bit as well Blobs :P

I know I know, will be biting my tongue from now on.

Edited by Mr Blobby

WELL , WELL , WELL, here I am , :lol: :lol: That has made my weekend !!! You lot really thought you had it in the bag didn't you and were totally outclassed by the BETTER team , nothing to do with home track advantage , Cookie and Micky don't ride DP every week but still managed to top score. I knew we would put up a fight but my god what a hammering the Witches got :P absolutely bloody brilliant , plenty of humble pie being eaten from the Southerners today.

Humble Pie?

As I see it, a lot of Ipswich fans were happy with their team's performance on Thursday night, including myself, and thought the Witches had given themselves a good chance of progress.

By the same token, Workington fans weren't wholly impressed with the Comets away showing, and knew it would take one heck of an effort to pull back 20 points.

On Saturday, the reverse, with a much better outcome for Workington.

For some reason, the world and his boyfriend jumps on the bandwagon to rip into Ipswich and to defend a Texter who had limited time & vocabulary.

Aljackal is an Ipswich enigma who you all should have learned to ignore.

If you don't "get" IpswichJules, then the one thing that any of this proves Is that us softy southerners have a much more subtle sense of humour than you hard-nosed northerners.

To quote Mr Snackette: "Pip Pip!".

Edited by Dave Love Speedway
  • Like 1

Louis clearly not happy with the "effort" of the riders last night. Say's they let both the team sponsors and the fans down and won't let it happen again. http://www.ipswichwi...rash-out-of-koc

LOL :lol: the times we have heard this its getting embarrassing for CL. What is he going to do then drop his golden boy (we all know who that is) and sign a rider who goes for the dirt wide etc lol :lol:

Home track advantage.....doesnt every Club prepare the track to the way the home riders want it...in an ideal world the track would be prepared to the liking of all the riders but its never going to happen except in the case of the GP's and even then the track curator seems to lack total control sometimes.

Workington were very good on Saturday and were helped by two good guests but its all swings and roundabouts at Ipswich Doyle was a very good guest for Barker whilst for Workington the No7 guest failed to score.

I really thought Ipswich would go through to the next round with the twenty point advantage but Risager, Lanham and Tungate were Poor althougth Tungate did try very hard.

Oh well just Somerset to face in the next round.. :blink:

Oh and whats all the fuss about Barker, ok he hit the boards and had an ef, he did not fall and hurt himself!

Home track advantage is a fact of life in speedway, always has been and always will be. The best team won in this tie, there is no excuse for not defending a 20pt lead.

• Like 2

Home track advantage is a fact of life in speedway, always has been and always will be.

Not at every track. :blink:

at Workington we do not have any home track advantage, the better team ALWAYS wins. so there you have it...

Most home teams win the majority of their home meeting, so there must be some sort of advantage, even if knowing best lines or set ups.

• Like 1

Most home teams win the majority of their home meeting, so there must be some sort of advantage, even if knowing best lines or set ups.

Exactly, anyone thinking otherwise is seriously deluded.

• Like 1