British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe V Workington - Tuesday, April 30th (premier League) (7.30pm) Live On Sky Sports

Enjoyable meeting. Ref a disgrace excluding Dyer.in heat 15.

• Like 1

Leicester should've taken a look at Scunthorpe before planning their new stadium & track

• Like 1

A great nights racing, a terrible decision with Dyer,s exclusion thought Scunny should of put Auty off gate 4 in heat 15 and Howe off gate 2.

Enjoyable meeting. Ref a disgrace excluding Dyer.in heat 15.

WHY is he a disgrace? Neither Rossiter nor Woffinden could make a definitive call despite watching it numerous times. Probably was 50/50. He made one of two equal options. Hardly a disgrace.

• Like 5

Horrible refereeing decision costs the comets in heat 15. How dyer gets excluded is beyond me. Good match, but referee spoiled it in heat 15

• Like 1

Really? Handful of good heats but great racing?

Very rare to see a domestic speedway meeting with more than a handful of good heats

• Like 1

Can Sky just show PL meetings every week instead of the usual rubbish they show

Totally agree cant wait to see Newcastle when they are on last nights rubbish or tonight? what was better.? Edited by sidney

A Thoroughly enjoyable meeting, well done to both teams. :t:

Was it Ackroyd who never excluded holder in the last GP last year also?? :)

Certainly was, he ballsed it up then and he ballsed it up tonight.

• Like 1

Very rare to see a domestic speedway meeting with more than a handful of good heats

I agree and I'm not knocking the meeting. It was enjoyable and I'm a huge fan of the Scunny track but the racing in a few heats was a bit 'bleugh'. The fact 9 heats were won from gate 4, from the gate and in some cases in shock results it wasn't thst great. The generally poor Aarnio and Palm Toft become Workd beaters off gate 4.

That said, Birks, Howe, Cook and Bach all pulled off a good move or two.

Meeting being overated yes was better than last nights rubbish but tbh all you have to do is ride wide

• Like 1

Yet another bottle job decison by "Homer" Ackroyd.

Have to say though it made me realise just how much I used to enjoy watching Swindon in the Premier Lge days when you had heats where you didn't have a clue who was going to win although Swindon's gate's were a little fairer than the favoured gate 4 tonight.

• Like 1

WHY is he a disgrace? Neither Rossiter nor Woffinden could make a definitive call despite watching it numerous times. Probably was 50/50. He made one of two equal options. Hardly a disgrace.

Because he always takes the easy option, and as usual makes the wrong decision. Don't care what the sky pundits were saying, it was not Dyer at fault, he was taken out.
  • Like 4