British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Glasgow V Newcastle Pl Sunday 5th May 2013

If the green light's on it's time to go. :t::cheers:

Which is entirely wrong :) When the green lights are initially turned on they will be under the Starting Marshall's orders. i.e. stationary.

If they move at this point then the referee should exclude that rider for not following the Starting Marshall's instructions. The rider is only allowed to move once the tapes have risen.

Normally, the ref's bottle it and just give the rider a "warning" for moving at the starts. The clever ones wait until the rider who is moving has to stop to avoid touching the tapes and then raise the tapes. This is a natural way of keeping the riders stationary.

The referee is under no compunction to release the tapes at any time and theoretically could keep the riders their for a minute until he releases the tapes. The only requirement is a minimum of 1 and a 1/4 seconds until the tapes rise I believe.

A dry and bright start to the day , for anyone thinking of travelling north .

Which is entirely wrong :) When the green lights are initially turned on they will be under the Starting Marshall's orders. i.e. stationary.

If they move at this point then the referee should exclude that rider for not following the Starting Marshall's instructions. The rider is only allowed to move once the tapes have risen.

Normally, the ref's bottle it and just give the rider a "warning" for moving at the starts. The clever ones wait until the rider who is moving has to stop to avoid touching the tapes and then raise the tapes. This is a natural way of keeping the riders stationary.

The referee is under no compunction to release the tapes at any time and theoretically could keep the riders their for a minute until he releases the tapes. The only requirement is a minimum of 1 and a 1/4 seconds until the tapes rise I believe.

WOW!!

There would be some burnt out clutches if he did that. :shock: :shock: :wink::blink:

What's happened to Henning Bager? Saw him at Rye House where he struggled.

An excellent match with some great racing from Robson and Screen, especially in ht13, one of the best of recent times. As each week passes Joe Jacobs grows in stature, not intimidated by other riders, Henry was particularly brutal coming under him in ht12 but he never shut off and let him know it at the end. His ht14 round the boards to win off gate 4 was the match saver, replacing the woeful Bager. Be interesting to find out if he had bike trouble or was pulled for his final ride. The other constant from the last few weeks was Grieves bike spluttering round, after a good first ride he was dreadfully slow and never got off the line in ht15. Newcastle were excellent opposition, solid right through apart from Lindgren. Tully's r/r rides yielded 9 points, about 7 more than he would have got but that's speedway.

That was awesome today , never came out of Glasgow buzzing about the speedway like this for years . Credit to both sides for an amazing 15 heats of speedway . The highlight being heat 13 , although it was painful for us you have to credit Stuart Robson for riding an unbelievable race to pass both Screen and then Grieves .

And what about young Joe Jacobs , how this lad is progressing . When both Diamonds gated in heat 14 i thought the game was up for us , but young Joe brought the house down by passing both of them . The older Joe then clinched the points in heat 15 , but that ride in heat 14 really won us the meeting .

Bager struggling again was the only lowpoint for us and Lindgren was much the same for the Diamonds . But overall speedway was the winner today . Whatever was done to our track during the winter has done the trick and we are now watching some fantastic speedway .

• Like 3

Normally, the ref's bottle it and just give the rider a "warning" for moving at the starts.

Or some like Barbara Horley today apply the rules inconsistently. Ht1 pulled back the race because Henry moved back from the tapes when the green light went on. Ht9 Worrall R jumps the start and lets it go.

Or some like Barbara Horley today apply the rules inconsistently. Ht1 pulled back the race because Henry moved back from the tapes when the green light went on. Ht9 Worrall R jumps the start and lets it go.

Ht 9 was the worst jump start i've seen in ages , kept waiting for the lights to come on and they never did . She must have been doing her knitting

• Like 1

That was awesome today , never came out of Glasgow buzzing about the speedway like this for years . Credit to both sides for an amazing 15 heats of speedway . The highlight being heat 13 , although it was painful for us you have to credit Stuart Robson for riding an unbelievable race to pass both Screen and then Grieves .

And what about young Joe Jacobs , how this lad is progressing . When both Diamonds gated in heat 14 i thought the game was up for us , but young Joe brought the house down by passing both of them . The older Joe then clinched the points in heat 15 , but that ride in heat 14 really won us the meeting .

Bager struggling again was the only lowpoint for us and Lindgren was much the same for the Diamonds . But overall speedway was the winner today . Whatever was done to our track during the winter has done the trick and we are now watching some fantastic speedway .

Great to hear theres some good racing somewhere in the PL.

Ht 9 was the worst jump start i've seen in ages , kept waiting for the lights to come on and they never did . She must have been doing her knitting

She mustve started her knitting last night as she missed a helluva a jump from Howarth.

Brilliant meeting :party: Thought we were going to lose at one point but fair play to the lads they pulled it off...Got to thank Newcastle for giving it a go, they must be disappointed to only get 1 point..

Glasgow:-

Joe Screen...what can you say, he is masterful when on song!!, perhaps in hindsight should have went by James G in heat 13 instead of trying to protect him, but did the business in heat 15 to secure the win.

Joey Ringwood... great win in heat 6, getting there though , has had some really tough rides so far this season.

James Wright... did much better this week, surprised he didnt get the pick for heat 15

Henning Bager... missing his celebrations , looking very slow so far this season :cry:

James Grieves...although he got the points, was lacking speed/power..expensive ef in heat 15 :o

Harley Horwood... can be very fast if he hits the front , then looks like a novice when at the back, more to come from Harley, needs a confidence boost

Joe Jacobs... brilliant riding from young Joe , coming on leaps and bounds, going to be a star around Ashfield :t: not afraid to mix it !!

Newcastle:-

Stuart Robson... Brilliant racing , a joy to watch

Christian Henry... consistent , more aggressive than he was when riding for Glasgow,

Ludvig Lindgren... disappointed in his performance , thought he would have done better

Ritchie Worrall... has come on leaps and bounds, has recovered well from his injury last year ( in my fantasy league team)

Lewis Kerr... didnt know much about him but also looks a star in the making

Steve Worrall...struggled a bit.

great meeting !!!, hope we put on a show tomorrow at Newcastle but I fear a tonking at brough, you live in hope though

I confess to having grave doubts about the new promotion's tactic of using so many young riders before the season started, However I see now, they were right and I was wrong. I am hugely impressed with what I've seen so far from all three of them and am convinced we have some real stars in the making here.

Also I can't come on here without expressing something akin to astonishment at the level of racing now. It is quite simply stupendous. Some of the best passes I have ever witnessed in recent weeks. Fabulous speedway. A treat to watch and my heart's in my mouth at times, when before it used to be my fist to hide my yawning. Don't know what they have to that track but my God it works. Hearty congratulations all round.

• Like 1