British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs Lc 26/5/13 @3p.m.

Magnus Karlson, he could steady the ship but I get the feeling he might become a source of frustration pretty quickly.

Seems to be in the middle of his usual 5-8 meeting purple patch, the rest of the time, it is all a bit meh…

Despite the fact that he would have been good for 7 a meeting I was quite relieved when Berwick didn’t sign him a few seasons back.

I've thought the same about Magnus for sometime.

Someone like Pepe Franc would give us some solid point scoring to ease the pressure off Joe

Long Track for Pepe ,he would never be there.

Ah right never thought of that. Its very hard to pluck a good rider this time of year who is not racing in Poland on a Sunday

True,I know hes doing the Czech League,not sure if hes doing Poland this year so extra meetings over here would come in handy but as you say his Longtrack meetings would probably stop that,certainly as far as the PL is concerned.

Fair enough but if Leicester stick with Karlsson and theres a job going at Glasgow for him then as a pro speedway riders travelling shouldnt be a problem.FWIW I think Leicester will release Karlsson in favour of Roynon,though it might be not a given that Karlsson goes to Glasgow.

Agreed, the travelling is part and parcel the point I made though was on the basis that Roynon preferred to join Leicester this year rather than the Comets so he could stay in the same area for both clubs, could'nt see him wanting to drive back as far as Workington from there for his home matches when he was only living at Barrow when he was with us and then, take on a job with Glasgow instead?

Just didn't make sense to me that's all, other people will have their own opinion, which is fine by me, no worries!! ;)

Keep getting smashed to bits at home and the fans stay away and the club shuts.

No vendetta here , James wright has to be first to go, he was regressing badly at somerset and has gone completely.

Big joe can't carry 2 or 3 passengers

• Like 2

What exactly happened to James Wright? Couple of weeks ago he was doing fine averaging 8 at home and apart from an early stinker at Berwick was scoring 5/6/7 points away from home. Not Fantastic but not a disaster. scored 9 against Scunthorpe 12/5 then went to the British Final the following day and looked woefully out of his depth, that there was the turning point as his head is completely down now. Whether it's irrepairable damage I don't know.

Don't know why Henning thought it was a good idea to buy equipment from Peter Juul Larsen? Take it last seasons equipment is gone as he seems to be struggling on with what he's got. How much would it "cost" to bring in a replacement rider? would there be better value outlaying for a new engine for Henning to be recouped from earnings of improved results?

We have almost 1 point to play with just now but come the middle of June we will have over 4 to play with. In don't see any obvious changes that would help us much right now.

Sad thing is in situations like Sunday is you very seldom get a press release from a rider who's neck is on the block. Only reaction from Sunday seems to have been from Screen, Jacobs & Grieves who are likely to be the only 3 not in danger and also a wild statement from the promotion. Be interesting to know James Wright's thoughts and if a return to the form of a couple of weeks ago is possible.

My thoughts are to leave the team as it is until after the Leicester / Plymouth away meetings when Ringwood and Horwood get averages. for the balance of the team our best signing would be a 7 point rider in the place of one of the lower order eg Karlsson/Roynon in the place of Horwood/Ringwood/Jacobs as you're always going to be carrying one them in the main body, more likely Jacobs until at least August. Only I might add if Wright and Bager get back on the rails.

Sad thing is in situations like Sunday is you very seldom get a press release from a rider who's neck is on the block. Only reaction from Sunday seems to have been from Screen, Jacobs & Grieves who are likely to be the only 3 not in danger and also a wild statement from the promotion. Be interesting to know James Wright's thoughts and if a return to the form of a couple of weeks ago is possible.

That release from the promotion wasn't just wild, it was suicidal. A stupid, knee-jerk reaction. Who released it, and who authorised it?

That release from the promotion wasn't just wild, it was suicidal. A stupid, knee-jerk reaction. Who released it, and who authorised it?

only saying what the fans are thinking.... Refreshing I'd say.... Some people are ordinary folk, not typical speedway nerds that can't hear any truth or misgivings.

They've been woeful and need major surgery.... Why gloss it over??

• Like 2

Henning has been poor virtually all season. His lack of form has unfairly pushed Ringwood to No4 where he is struggling big time, especially ht14. Ringwood at least deserves a shot at reserve.

James Wright only rides the run to the first corner and needs to be replaced asap. To stick with him will drive fans away, just as signing RKR at the start of 2012 did in my opinion. The new green sheets have the new Aussies still on 5, their spare 4 points will be very useful.

The press release from the promotion is refreshing and recognises there is a problem. To deny there is would be folly.

• Like 3

I fail to see your point regarding the Promotions press release,Perhaps you could (in your opinion) Explain what wrong with it.It was an apology for the poor showing of the Team over the Week-end and assuring the fans that it has to improve.

I fail to see your point regarding the Promotions press release,Perhaps you could (in your opinion) Explain what wrong with it.It was an apology for the poor showing of the Team over the Week-end and assuring the fans that it has to improve.

It shows the promotion are hurting as much as those on the terraces. Is it wise to lambast your riders in public? I don't believe so, what if you can't make the changes you want and have to field the same 7 next time out? Sport psychology has gone out the window here.

Riders are low on confidence, is it wise to kick them further when they are down? You have young boys in there amongst older guys who seem to lack belief...would it have been wiser to do this behind closed doors?

Screen quite rightly got his back up, was it aimed at him? It never said it wasn't...

We are fans, we are emotional. We've grown up with our clubs. But I think as a promoter a figurehead, you have to take emotion out of it. Down lambast your assets in public. I think the tigers promotion do seem to care deeply, but for me this is a statement I would have made, but I am not a promoter, I don't have to deal with these guys face to face; and I am probably a bit of a hot head!

Do you want that explanation once, or all three times?