British Speedway Forum
CardinalSin

Ipswich Vs Newcastle Thursday 6th June 7.30pm

Brilliant result building up from a poorish start. Some good steady performances, but starting to worry a bit for Steve though.

Damn I wish I had gone now.

What a win. 8 points down after 3 heats. This team never fails to amaze me. Just an awesome win from the lads. Brilliant from "two-track" Tully. Make that three!

• Like 1

Brilliant result building up from a poorish start. Some good steady performances, but starting to worry a bit for Steve though.

they got us on the line in a few races also, could have been more by the sounds of it.... But al not be greedy :)

Yeah know what you mean about Steve.

• Like 1

Well done to the Diamonds. Solid team and worthy winners.

• Like 1

why didnt u go is the porsche in the garage again ha ha ha.

Cracking away win from the lads welcome back into the team andrew tully

Mr Lanham must up his game, the reserves having a poor night have highlighted his poor return from the no 5 position. Diamonds will take some stopping, especially if they replace SW with a solid reserve..

why didnt u go is the porsche in the garage again ha ha ha.

Cracking away win from the lads welcome back into the team andrew tully

Damn Chauffeurs night off. Mind you, she did cook a nice tea.

• Like 2

A great win for the Diamonds, they do look powerful big mention for Tully a great contribution after a nasty injury.

I think the promotion will be very reluctant to drop Steve. Got to remember this is our number 1 rider's brother. I feel for the lad, must be soul destroying when you're struggling like that and your brother is banging in double figures everywhere. He has had some decent home matches so got to hope he can tough it out and come good soon. We all know what he is capable of.

Edited by NJC71
  • Like 2

Well done Diamonds great 6 man peformance and good to see Tully back and scoring some points.

Now need to find a way of getting Steve going he is really struggling this season.

We've always been loyal to riders over the years, sometimes over loyal.... But if we want to win things will we keep carrying Steve, such a shame as we know he's top drawer for his ave and win us many points when on his game.... Maybe a rest would do him good in the long run to get confidence back in NL??

Congrats to the Diamonds who deserved the win. Solid team performance and outgated the Witches all night. Home team seemed rusty after a week off. Think it was the first time this year that both Ellis and Heeps had off nights and with Risager and Lanham struggling too it was always going to be hard. Track was tricky early on but once it settled down as is often the case the Witches don;t seem to make the changes to adapt. Richie Worrall gated with Barker in heat 15, pushed him wide enough to allow Robson and Tungate through. Tungate then for some reason went wide himself nearly collecting Barker and it was game over for the Witches. Tully has to be pleased with his comeback, should have got the win in heat 1, spinning round whilst leading on 2nd bend on last lap. Also don't know what the ref was watching but no way did Risager win heat 14, about a wheel behind Kerr, Barker did just get Robson on line though in 13.

Ps. Another free week at Foxhall next week as it seems Edinburgh can't/ won't ride as they are on Sky on tuesday so would be too much for them! (thats what i heard in the pits anyways)

Oh yeah... Ritchie Hawkins has agreed to continue for the rest of the season

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Some really good racing tonight from both teams. Newcastle deserved the win as they had tully and Henry fall while leading. Ipswich could not make starts tonight and paid for it.

Great to see tully return and seem fully recovered.

Well how rubbishe was that ?

The track seemed really tricky early on .

We had the really exciting news that Hawkins is staying for the rest of the season ( huh hmm , not ! )

Fair play to Newcastle though , they are a strong team and plugged away all night to get the result .

Tungate , the only rider to perform and he blew it big time by screwing up Barkers outside run in ht15 !

Barker , can't win a first heat to save his life and can't gate to boot !

Every else mediocre or poor to say the least !

A couple of good passes in heats 13 and 14 aside I felt it was a pretty inept and gutless effort by most of the team !

Just goes to show how poor we really are as most of the best teams in the league will pretty much go unbeaten at home all season .

Reality kicks in that mid table is the best we can hope for .

Obviously the forum doesn't like the word I used in the first line so please substitute anything rhyming with flight to replace rubbishe !!!

Edited by Super Blue

Congrats to Newcastle. Better all round team performance & as usual the Witches are inconsistent & never all firing at same time. Heats 13 & 14 were worth the admission alone but Tungate really messed up Barker in Heat 15 & that was that. Newcastle were better from the gate & had a bit of bad luck with falls & bike problems so overall deserved the win.