British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Newcastle V Edinburgh (plkoc) 16/6/13 @ 6.30pm

Surely one of the most heroic performances by any team.

Already without two of their first choices through injury (in Tabaka's case, his scoring this year equates to no 3 instead of no 5 as per Green sheets), Pijper riding with broken ribs, Fricke probably still feeling less than 100% after Friday.

So r/r & guest no 7 produced a 3 point return in place of Tabaka & Davey against a full strength Newcastle team who were 6 up (7 on aggregate) after 10 heats and we end up dumping the Diamonds out the Cup :shock:

Looks like our good friend from the West, Paulco, was quite right after all, to dub Max "The Golden Child" :P

• Like 1

Why oh why did Lindgren have to move off his line on the last bend? I was totally gobsmacked.

Well done Monarchs' - I think you have the best Rider in the League this year. Cook was awesome.

It's crazy! on friday we complain about a slick track and consistently being outgated by newcastle. Today diamonds fan complain about the exact same thing and the monarchs turn them over. With virtually the same riders.

LIndgren was excellent on friday and is on a very exclusive list of riders to beat cookie at Armadale. Although no riders have beaten him at Brough park yet this season.

Surely one of the most heroic performances by any team.

Already without two of their first choices through injury (in Tabaka's case, his scoring this year equates to no 3 instead of no 5 as per Green sheets), Pijper riding with broken ribs, Fricke probably still feeling less than 100% after Friday.

So r/r & guest no 7 produced a 3 point return in place of Tabaka & Davey against a full strength Newcastle team who were 6 up (7 on aggregate) after 10 heats and we end up dumping the Diamonds out the Cup :shock:

Looks like our good friend from the West, Paulco, was quite right after all, to dub Max "The Golden Child" :P

Probably all high as kites on pain killers. :party:

Henry Kerr and lindgren all looked down on power and nowhere near the form they were in early doors.... Kerr threw points away tonight but he's still raw and will make mistakes, Richie has twice gifted the opposition number one a win by riding the inside line, but lindgren in heat 14 was shocking, fair enough he was trying to pass deek who gave his usual master class in making his bike so wide when in front.....but to leave the door open for Fricke like that, after he'd been dive bombing the 3rd and 4th bends all night was unreal... Still this monarchs side is very good and whoever beats them will win most things... Just feel after being 11 up on fri night and the events of tonight we've thrown it away pretty cheaply.

Maybe we arnt as good as we thought we are and need a big kick up the jacksee.

Good luck Edinburgh, if cook stays fit it's yours to lose.

Newcastle were a stronger team with R/R IMO and this either proves that or is just a coincidence (probably just a coincidence) but since Andy came back you haven't won a home match.

Tully got 8 and was one of our better riders, trust me if we had r/r tonight we would not of got more than 8.

Well done to Edinburgh and to Craig Cook who was awesome.

I am also sure any Edinburgh rider reading one of pages in our programme would of got them up for the meeting before it had even started as it was talking as if we were already through. Maybe not the best thing to put in the programme even though it would of been meant as a joke!

Very similar to last week. A team arrived at Brough with an outstanding number 1, a lively reserve and other riders gating and winning on a slick and smooth track. What Ipswich so nearly did last week, Edinburgh did tonight against a Diamonds side which at the moment is carrying two or three out form riders.

Famed for our gating on our travels that’s the second week in a row where we’ve been consistently out gated. But that is not the only problem. Henry had a poor match tonight but to be fair that’s his first real poor one at home. Lindgren though is completely out of sorts. He is slow out of the starts and looks anything but smooth on the track. For the second week in a row he made a complete hash of heat 14. A month ago he would have won both of those races easily but I feared the worst tonight which shows how much his stock has fallen recently.

I would certainly make a change to the riding order and swap Henry and Tully around. The team just looks like it needs freshened up a bit at the moment, if anything some of the riders look a little jaded at the moment and one or two are perhaps riding too much.

Have to say Edinburgh deserved the win. Cook was if anything even more impressive than Barker last week. Certainly one of the best performances I’ve seen at Brough from a visiting rider. Richie should have beaten him in heat 13 but made a poor decision to ride tight off the last bend having ridden perfectly for 3 and half laps. To be fair though Cook never let him get away and was ready to pounce on any error.

So two winless home matches in a row and despite our continued excellent away form there are fairly obvious weaknesses in the team that need to be sorted although not every team is as strong and suited to Brough as Ipswich and Edinburgh are.

Last comment for me is on the track. I wonder if it is so smooth now that it if anything is too easy for visiting riders to ride. It doesn’t seem to hold any fears for anyone at the moment. Maybe if it was prepared with a little more grip we’d get more of a home advantage.

you've surely got my glasses on again,,, thats how i would put it,,, in Henry's defence, he has just got himself a wife, etc,etc,etc

but well done Edinburgh,,, looked like they wanted it more,,, and the ref,,, well,,, ht 14 ,,, woeful,,,

Some strange results this season, talk about a roller coaster ride for both sets of supporters

Cook back next week also.... Oh dear :)

8 day rule? Or is it because it's in a different competition?

The 8 day rule only applies to the away team

The 8 day rule only applies to the away team

He will be guesting for the away team!

he says on twitter he's back next week, so I presume for proctor.

he says on twitter he's back next week, so I presume for proctor.

The rule now is that appearances for your own team don't count, the 8-day rule prevents appearing as a guest two weeks running.

What a fantastic effort and result from Edinburgh tonight.

Theo solid scoring and close result it just makes his effort in heat 15, on Friday, all the more important.

Derek solid and did well to pick himself off the deck in heat 14 to win the re-run.

Great to see Claus putting in a good performance including a nice race win.

Max .. where do you start? last to first in heat 2, solid in heat 8, smooth start to flag win in heat 12 and an intelligent pass in heat 14 to put the Monarchs in the lead (and most of his no scoring rides were from the graveyard gate 4)

Then Cookie what can you say that hasn't been said before? 4 start to flag wins and a heat 13 that showed skill/bravery against a flying Richie Worrall.

Thanks also to James Sarjeant for the effort it wasn't your night tonight but it will come.

This team just keep on continuing to defy the odds.