British Speedway Forum
LagutaRacingFan

World Cup Race Off - 18th July 2013

Ben Barker and Lewis Bridger in for Craig Cook and Edward Kennett via Bournemouth Echo

Teams: Australia, Team GB, Latvia and America

Teams: TBC

Edited by THJ Racing Fans

Great Britain stand a great chance of going through to the final, but only with the right team.

The opposition on Thursday is Latvia, one-man US and a slightly fragile Australia.

We have to put out our strongest team, and I think that is:

Tai Woffinden

Chris Harris

Ben Barker

Danny King

That team would see off the Aussies.

This isn't the time for putting out riders to "gain experience". It's the time to get through to the final and finish 3rd, our best result since our last 3rd place in 2006.

All the best

Rob

• Like 4

If Dak is riding for the Aussies I don't see why we can't beat them.... All of our squad are better than him, they .. Like us only have one top class rider in ward, the rest are all beatable and often.

It looks like GB vs Australia. It will be a tight result. Darcy Ward will do well. He is a freak and could be the best rider I have ever seen. Batch is very close to world class and will do well. Jason Doyle on debut was great in Poland. Davey Watt looks slow and seems to have reliability problems. Do they bring in the the Dak Attack? When he's hot he's hot. When he's not, it's a different thing entirely. I think we can all look forward to some great speedway action.

GB team is now Woffy, Harris, Barker & Bridger

It is and man for man over Australia I think we're stronger. Let Ward have his maximum, we'll win it on the Joker ride.

1, Ward - Woffinden

2, Batchelor - Harris

3, Doyle - Barker

4, Woodward - Bridger

It really is game on folks!!!!!!!

Get through this, that's 3rd place in the bank. But, those pesky Latvians will be spoilers for someone.

Sorry but Cook has no room to complain, he was crap and Bridger is much better. Barker is also understandable.

a big wide open track that isn't small and tight,is it only me who has lost a little faith in lewis bridger?

Why no Rory Schlein ??? Does his face not fit in the Aussie 'mates' club....

Why no Rory Schlein ??? Does his face not fit in the Aussie 'mates' club....

I think Rory retired himself from international competition.

I think Rory retired himself from international competition.

Added to the fact he is riding very poorly at the moment, terrible at Peterborough the other night.

I would be on the phone to Sully or Crumpie and say your country needs you!

Edited by foreverblue

Apparently, according to speedwaygb, Mr Middletwit has been assured by Bridger that his ( Bridgers) bikes in Prague are fast. No worries then.

It is and man for man over Australia I think we're stronger. Let Ward have his maximum, we'll win it on the Joker ride.

1, Ward - Woffinden

2, Batchelor - Harris

3, Doyle - Barker

4, Woodward - Bridger

It really is game on folks!!!!!!!

Get through this, that's 3rd place in the bank. But, those pesky Latvians will be spoilers for someone.

This could be the best meeting in the SWC hard to predict the outcome.

So we "pip" the Aussies and pick up a Bronze medal due to the Czechs being there - hurray for us. Is that the limit of our ambitions stealing a 3rd when the Swedes and Aussies are devastated with injury? And next year when the Swedes and Aussies are back to full strength what happens then? Oh yeah we start scratching our heads again wondering why we don't have a team to compete at the highest level. How many World Cups has Bomber got left?

Why not admit we can't win it this year and take Tai and any 3 of Auty Barker Cook Worrall Howarth Birks? King / Bridger / Kennett have all been tried before. Where's the long term strategy ...we don't have one.

Middlo has destroyed Kennett's confidence and now really teed off Cook. Cook wasn't brilliant last night but he was fast and still learning and oh yeah ... he outscored 2 US riders 2 Swedes and 1 Brit.

Put the GB manager job up for grabs again to be voted in by Promotions but applicants state what their strategy is going to be. Interview them and appoint them. Bring back Rob Lyon who had this vision for us years ago ... and got booed off.

If Rob has had his fill ... then surely Screeny / Havvy / Loram would at least inspire some new direction.

Why oh why do we build teams in the Elite for other countries youth? Peterboro (mini Denmark at the start of the year) and Poole (mini Australia). Shame on Middlo and Co for dumping Howarth and replacing him with all his Aussies mates, mates.

Sheesh

• Like 1