British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2014 Gp Calendar

BECAUSE, as many have alluded to previously, Prague is a great city to visit and for many that is a vital component of a SGP weekend.

BECAUSE, as many have alluded to previously, Prague is a great city to visit and for many that is a vital component of a SGP weekend.

can't fault Prague as a host City I agree there BUT isn't it 99% about the GP after all that's why we go to see a great GP with great racing I say again Pardubice would be a far better venue - Marketa = poor racing

Phil, surely a great racetrack has to be the prime consideration.

The Prague track is always very poor. They've been given enough chances to improve it.

Why not instead award it to Pardubice for say, three years, therefore giving them the chance to invest in improving facilties. The Czech Golden Helmet is also a great weekend; Prague is not the only nice city in the Czech Republic.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Absolutely love the GPs as do our 4 friends who apart from 1 had never been to a meet in there lives. We have taken them all to cardiff the last 2 years & they are hooked. Next year its cardiff & torun. Despite the flak thrown at BSi ,eurosport,tatum ,pearson etc etc I think the GPs are the future & if we want speedway to survive & find a bigger audience then hopefully its here to stay. Roll on new zealand.

• Like 1

We definitiely need a second GP in the UK, especially as most GP riders won't be in the EL as the money dries up.

Any ideas when the full calender will get released

Theres been quite a few dates announced already,obviously its the Polish ones that most of us are waiting for.

• Like 1

Speaking with Martin Smolinski yesterday at Birmingham Speedways Civic Reception,and he is sure that there will be a speedway GP staged in Germany next year.He reckons there will be an announcement regarding this within the next few weeks.

Speaking with Martin Smolinski yesterday at Birmingham Speedways Civic Reception,and he is sure that there will be a speedway GP staged in Germany next year.He reckons there will be an announcement regarding this within the next few weeks.

I have seen claims a few months ago regarding that a GP will be staged at Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Sportpark in Berlin.

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=74213&st=30#entry2330383

I have seen claims a few months ago regarding that a GP will be staged at Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Sportpark in Berlin.

http://www.speedway-...30#entry2330383

From what I heard yesterday Ghostwalker,the GP would be an extra round on the GP series calendar.Let us hope that this happens.

OR could be at the expense of one of the Polish rounds ...

Always thought that BSI were looking to expand the GP series?

Did mention this some weeks back that Egon Müller stated during the SEC Eurosport coverage that Germany would host a GP and an SEC round next season.Thought Phil stated it would be 2015,not 2014?