British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

Big sponsors bring in big bucks, good to hear the Poole fans acknowledge that it's money that has bought them League titles on the odd occasion. Chequebook speedway alive and well in Dorset.

nothing wrong in spending income that you have managed to bring in through your business plan...

speculate to accumulate is the mantra..

just because so many cannot seem to bring in more cash than they spend, we shouldnt have a pop at those that can and do....

maybe aspire to emulate (and then better) what they do would maybe be a more positive step to take?? :shock:

• Like 3

Very expensive line up at kings lynn and Lambert didnt want to be a reserve because the pay was poor

And what line up will be on the cheap ? It's under the limit and obviously affordable, not that its anyone's business other than the Lynn promotion..

Big sponsors bring in big bucks, good to hear the Poole fans acknowledge that it's money that has bought them League titles on the odd occasion. Chequebook speedway alive and well in Dorset.

Jealousy gets you no where just because certain promoters are actually running there club properly and attracting decent sponsors so they then can afford the better riders, its time some people got used to it.

Edited by PTW
  • Like 1

Jealousy gets you no where just because certain promoters are actually running there club properly and attracting decent sponsors so they then can afford the better riders, its time some people got used to it.

No one's jealous, just contemptuous, that's been established already - please keep up !

Steve has mentioned earlier the huge size of your sponsors....I now gather he is inferring to the size of their wallets..

Failure to buy the EL title again in 2014 will surely be another failure on the part of the Pirates 'Management' et al...

• Like 2

No one's jealous, just contemptuous, that's been established already - please keep up !

Steve has mentioned earlier the huge size of your sponsors....I now gather he is inferring to the size of their wallets..

Failure to buy the EL title again in 2014 will surely be another failure on the part of the Pirates 'Management' et al...

Contempt for what? Having a promoter who goes out and finds sponsors? Some are big, some are very small but all add to the pot and are treated well.

Poole will be there or there again in 2014. We can't win it every year but Matt Ford will never give up from trying to win it until its impossible.

Has no one ever told you that jealous breeds contempt................

RP

Just because matt runs his club properly all of you get on his back, he does what everyone should b doing constantly trying to promote your club and get potential new investors, if the other promoters done this you wouldn't hav the weakened elite league like it is today with the promoters that do there job trying to make it better standard other teams dont have the sponsors/dont put the effort in so cant pay as well so other clubs have to suffer and we end up getting the ridiculous standard like it is now, you dont see polish/swedish league dropping the standard every year because there promoters get the sponsors because the sponsors know there will be top class riders riding for that team.

whats all this buying the league i would hope that any promoter sets out to win the league each year and if Poole have the money to spend to win it fair play to them

• Like 1

Has no one ever told you that jealous breeds contempt................

RP

I understand your point RP...

All I want is to see is good racing every week, but your mob continually 'bend the rules' - Miedzinski (for one)..

If Poole win the 2014 EL as a result (of their BIG FAT sponsors), then good luck, and I would post my congratulations (again)..

I'm guessing that the 'Hobbit' is still in charge and that the incompetent Mrs Doubtfire will splutter like a moron in front of the cameras again.. :D

Edited by yerropes
  • Like 1

, you dont see polish/swedish league dropping the standard every year because there promoters get the sponsors because the sponsors know there will be top class riders riding for that team.

Really ? Do you have any idea how many riders in Poland are owed money last season or how many clubs in both countries have serious financial problems ?

• Like 1

Really ? Do you have any idea how many riders in Poland are owed money last season or how many clubs in both countries have serious financial problems ?

Good - proves the grass isn't always greener

• Like 2

And what line up will be on the cheap ? It's under the limit and obviously affordable, not that its anyone's business other than the Lynn promotion..[/quote

Ooh touchy! And its poole's business what they do with rheir team but we are always being told its chequebook speedway

Edited by foreverblue

Ooh touchy! And its poole's business what they do with rheir team but we are always being told its chequebook speedway

Probably because it is - The Grin doesn't come cheap for example