British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars 2014

Gutted for Kenneth, he’s been on great form of late for the Stars.

Seems like he’s having an op so as to be back in time for the Finnish SGP on Sat May 17.

So he will certainly miss;

Belle Vue (A) on Monday May 12 (Wolves v Swindon also on same night) ( Doyle )

Swindon (H) on Wednesday May 14 (Poole v Lakeside also on same night) ( Zagar)

Birmingham (A) on Thursday May 15 (no other EL fixtures that night) ( Kildemand)

Then it’s the Finnish SGP on Saturday May 17.

Realistically, will Kenneth ride again after that until the Czech SGP on May 31? If not, he will then miss;

Lakeside (A) on Monday May 19 (Belle Vue v Brummies, Wolves v Coventry also on same night) (Kildemand)

Poole (H) on Thursday May 22 (Swindon v Leicester also on same night) ( Zagar)

Poole (A) on Wednesday May 28 (Brummies v Leicester also on same night) ( Kildemand)

Coventry (H) on Thursday May 29 (no other EL fixtures that night) ( Mads)

Then it’s the Czech SGP on Saturday May 31.

Are we able to bring in an EL outsider as a 28 day injury replacement for Kenneth a la Poole/Holder or is that only allowed for No. 1’s? Might be costly too. I’m sure we’ll go down the guest route as we can bring in the likes of Mads, Mikkel Bech, Kildemand etc and we can then bring back Kenneth as soon as he’s ready.

Have included into the above post ( brackets in Red ), possibilities of guest available. Not know if the limitation will allow this to happen, but it does show there are adequate replacements out there.

Not knowing how Buster will react to Kenneth injury but I can't imagine he will let the grass grow before making these tough decisions.

• Like 1

Doyle can't guest can only ride for Leicester.Something do do with his visa I think.

• Like 1

Doyle can't guest can only ride for Leicester.Something do do with his visa I think.

Doyle's Tier 5 visa says he can do a max of 20 hours of additional work per week outside of his usual job (for the duration of the visa) - as long as its of the same/similar level - I think!!

Edited by Skidder1

Doyle's Tier 5 visa says he can do a max of 20 hours of additional work outside of his usual job (for the duration of the visa) - as long as its of the same/similar level - I think!!

I thought it was made clear he could ONLY ride for one employer - ie Leicester.

Doyle's Tier 5 visa says he can do a max of 20 hours of additional work outside of his usual job (for the duration of the visa) - as long as its of the same/similar level - I think!!

As each race only takes a minute and he only gets paid for actually racing he can do 1000s of guest bookings then :P

• Like 1

As each race only takes a minute and he only gets paid for actually racing he can do 1000s of guest bookings then :P

Yep Doyle would be appropriate - he owes us for stuffing Ken in the first place :nono:

There again if Doyle is available it means Mads is too and I know who'd I'd prefer!

Similarly if Kildemand is available so would Bachelor be, and again Troy would be more to my taste.

Yep Doyle would be appropriate - he owes us for stuffing Ken in the first place :nono:

There again if Doyle is available it means Mads is too and I know who'd I'd prefer!

Similarly if Kildemand is available so would Bachelor be, and again Troy would be more to my taste.

Are those choices based on entertainment as the other 2 would be better choices for race wins?

• Like 1

Are those choices based on entertainment as the other 2 would be better choices for race wins?

You're probably right - I'd just prefer to see ex-Stars guesting if possible. Mads would certainly put the effort in, and Troy could potentially score well.

Pity that Darcy is injured cos he'd be my first choice!

You're probably right - I'd just prefer to see ex-Stars guesting if possible. Mads would certainly put the effort in, and Troy could potentially score well.

Pity that Darcy is injured cos he'd be my first choice!

Injured or not, Darcy's average is far too high to guest!!!!

Go with Mads for home meetings but need to go with horses for courses when we ride away at Belle Vue and the likes .

I reckon every team in the league should have a Kildemand. He would put plenty of people on the gate, just for the sheer excitement of seeing him ride.

• Like 3

I reckon every team in the league should have a Kildemand. He would put plenty of people on the gate, just for the sheer excitement of seeing him ride.

Jepsen Jensen is just as exciting and a better rider.

If only we could have a team full of Jepsen Jensens.

Buster has plenty of time to digest the situation before out next meeting. I am sure we will come up with the right answer/s

If only we could have a team full of Jepsen Jensens.

Buster has plenty of time to digest the situation before out next meeting. I am sure we will come up with the right answer/s

hay fever season so it be 7 guests

I thought it was made clear he could ONLY ride for one employer - ie Leicester.

Tier 5

What you can and can’t do

You can:

• work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
  • do a second job in the same sector and at the same level as your main job for up to 20 hours per week
  • do a job on the shortage occupation list for up to 20 hours per week
  • work as a sportsperson for your national team and as a sports broadcaster if you’re here under the sporting subcategory
  • bring your family