British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

And what is it that makes him happy?

Dry tracks

Rusty Harrison confirmed as the 2nd signing

Only 5 to go before we have more riders than directors.

• Like 2

Edinburgh confirmed that Theo won't be riding for them in 2014 :)

It has also been confirmed we are talking to an Edinburgh asset but it's not Theo .

It has also been confirmed we are talking to an Edinburgh asset but it's not Theo .

Marcel Helfer

Andrew Tully?

Mike Faria?

Wishful thinking would say Wolbert, in fact that would be absolute fantasy! More likely to be Wethers, though Pijper would be top of the wish list. Would be annoyed if we rushed in for Rusty when we could get TP for 0.50 more points.

• Like 1

It has also been confirmed we are talking to an Edinburgh ass

Take your pick. :rolleyes:

Only having banter Moanarchs!

• Like 1

Mike Faria?

Probably not him as he is not old enough for our signing policy ;) .

• Like 2

What the heck is going on ? Read this. Taken from The Monarch's website

THEO PIJPER TO MOVE ON Sunday 1 December 2013, 12:48 UK BY MIKE HUNTER

The Scotwaste Monarchs have told Theo Pijper that he won’t be in their side for the 2014 season, and so the Dutchman who first rode for us in 2002 will be looking for another club.

It was obviously with considerable regret that Monarchs have taken this step, but under the rules no club can have every rider they would like even from amongst their own assets.

Theo said this morning “The important thing for me was that the club were able to tell me one way or another, and I’m grateful that they have, it was becoming a bit worrying.

“I’ll need to sit down now and work out what my plans will be for the new season. At the moment I am not doing the Longtrack, I would like to get a wildcard in that but because I rode for Edinburgh at Workington rather than doing the Long Track Challenge at the end of last year, that might count against me.

“I am sure we will still be along at Armadale on Friday nights.” ..............

Now correct me if I' m wrong but are we or are we not looking for riders ? Is Theo available ? Is he an extremely popular rider who clearly loves it at Ashfield ? Is he heat leader quality and is local ( I believe. )

If the answer to all of this is YES, which it is, then what in the name of the wee man are the promotion doing about signing him ?

What the heck is going on ? Read this. Taken from The

THEO PIJPER TO MOVE ON

Sunday 1 December 2013, 12:48

The Scotwaste Monarchs have told Theo Pijper that he wont be in their side for the 2014 season, and so the Dutchman who first rode for us in 2002 will be looking for another club.

It was obviously with considerable regret that Monarchs have taken this step, but under the rules no club can have every rider they would like even from amongst their own assets.

Theo said this morning The important thing for me was that the club were able to tell me one way or another, and Im grateful that they have, it was becoming a bit worrying.

Ill need to sit down now and work out what my plans will be for the new season. At the moment I am not doing the Longtrack, I would like to get a wildcard in that but because I rode for Edinburgh at Workington rather than doing the Long Track Challenge at the end of last year, that might count against me.

I am sure we will still be along at Armadale on Friday nights. ..............

Now correct me if I' m wrong but are we or are we not looking for riders ? Is Theo available ? Is he an extremely popular rider who clearly loves it at Ashfield ? Is he heat leader quality and is local ( I believe. )

If the answer to all of this is YES, which it is, then what in the name of the wee man are the promotion doing about signing him ?

Hopefully dotting the i's and crossing the t's on a contract. Edited by george.m

I genuinly can't see the appeal of signing Theo! The year we won the league he finished at reserve! If we are struggling for riders I would happily take him back to the stripes but would not be a first pick!

I genuinly can't see the appeal of signing Theo! The year we won the league he finished at reserve! If we are struggling for riders I would happily take him back to the stripes but would not be a first pick!

Que ? You serious ? I suppose the fact that as you state, he was at reserve means that since then, every time he came back with the Monarchs, or anything else, he was at times unbeatable doesn't count. Wearing I may add his TIGERS outfit. If memory serves me right, he scored 15 points last time. This is NOW. That was THEN. Move on. :shock:

• Like 1