British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh 2014

Google him.

I did and all i found was his twitter page and that didn't really help

Can someone give me some information on this fox bloke, cheers :t:

Is he actually any good? Etc..

What? He wasn't in one of your 17,500 PL team permutations in the last 2 weeks?

• Like 4

Maybe an early knee jerk reaction there CJ, you have an opportunity for Max, Fox and Sedgmen to stake a clam for the 3rd HL role. The early season clashes with the Tiggers should be fun that's for sure.

Really hope im proved wrong. Max has the potential to rise up, Just bit pessimistic as not really seen Sedge or Fox. Tiggers once again stand no chance :P

Really hope im proved wrong. Max has the potential to rise up, Just bit pessimistic as not really seen Sedge or Fox. Tiggers once again stand no chance :P

After your team announcement tonight Cj69, have you replaced speedway with fishing as your new hobby? ;)

After your team announcement tonight Cj69, have you replaced speedway with fishing as your new hobby? ;)

Just dangling it out there see what bites. I wouldn't Google that tho, never know what you mite find :cheers:

• Like 2

Just dangling it out there see what bites. I wouldn't Google that tho, never know what you mite find :cheers:

as long as you dont catch crabs everything will bw o.k :lol: :lol:

I think Edinburgh are banking on a big year from Max and he has the talent to do it.Sneddon is a favourite but very Inconsistant last season they have taken a gamble on him IMO Edited by Fromafar

I have every confidence that this team will improve over the season!

Cookie has said he is looking to add to his average and he probably will (not much to add on though mind you)

Derek struggled in his testimonial year as other riders have as well so without the pressure of that hopefully he can p his average by a little to around what he started on at the start of last season

Masters will be interesting to see how well he does after a year out of racing in the UK. Could have been bad for his progress or could have helped him can only wait and see

Max should kick on from where he left of last season and add a good point onto his starting average

Sedgmen starting at reserve could really do a world of good for his confidence for the first month of the season and hopefully he will kick on to be good back up for Cook and Masters he certainly has the ability to and by reading some of the interveiws he has done he seems pretty motivated to do really well this year

Worrall another who has the ability to increase his average by a point has averaged over 4 before in the PL no reason why he can't do it again

Onto the new recruit Fox hard to tell what he is going to do starting in the main body of the team will be difficult but will probably drop to the reserve berth after he gets an official average

End of the day the team has been made in the theory that most of the team will improve and ride to the potential that they can. Yes it's a risk but it's one that might pay off and if it doesn't we will have tabaka waiting in the wings come May June.

Role on 2014!

One concern re Fox was the following statement in the Official Press Release:-

It is true that he is currently injured, but he will be fit by the end of this month. “I broke my clavicle in the middle of last month, I was told it would take four weeks to heal and I wouldn’t need surgery. When I went back on Tuesday I was told it would need surgery. But I should be ready to start riding and training again in three weeks, by the start of the new year.”

One concern re Fox was the following statement in the Official Press Release:-

It is true that he is currently injured, but he will be fit by the end of this month. “I broke my clavicle in the middle of last month, I was told it would take four weeks to heal and I wouldn’t need surgery. When I went back on Tuesday I was told it would need surgery. But I should be ready to start riding and training again in three weeks, by the start of the new year.”

I'm not sure why that is much of a concern....There are still at least 13 or 14 weeks until the start of the season.

Regarding Aaron Fox.

He is perhaps the most improved rider in the USA and was very consistent all year - each meeting is individual and he made the final 4 out of anything from 12-24 riders) in 80% of the meetings this year.

He came 2nd in both the US National at Costa Mesa and State Championship at Industry Hills. Unlucky on both occasions as he was leading before the race got stopped each time. He also came in 4th in Round 1 of the AMA Nationals at Ventura, a track that is very much like Bradford - big and banked.

You have a rider who is very professional, hard working and serious about this.The club have done their homework and studied his form both results wise and via video and are happy with what they see.

Like any new rider from the USA you can expect a settle in period, but given he is on a big career up curve and can gate better than most new Americans, I expect he will do just fine.

His rider profile is at www.speedwaybikes.com.

I am sure the Edinburgh fans will take to him and I thank everyone associated with this move for their support and help.

• Like 2

I have every confidence that this team will improve over the season!

Cookie has said he is looking to add to his average and he probably will (not much to add on though mind you)

Derek struggled in his testimonial year as other riders have as well so without the pressure of that hopefully he can p his average by a little to around what he started on at the start of last season

Masters will be interesting to see how well he does after a year out of racing in the UK. Could have been bad for his progress or could have helped him can only wait and see

Max should kick on from where he left of last season and add a good point onto his starting average

Sedgmen starting at reserve could really do a world of good for his confidence for the first month of the season and hopefully he will kick on to be good back up for Cook and Masters he certainly has the ability to and by reading some of the interveiws he has done he seems pretty motivated to do really well this year

Worrall another who has the ability to increase his average by a point has averaged over 4 before in the PL no reason why he can't do it again

Onto the new recruit Fox hard to tell what he is going to do starting in the main body of the team will be difficult but will probably drop to the reserve berth after he gets an official average

End of the day the team has been made in the theory that most of the team will improve and ride to the potential that they can. Yes it's a risk but it's one that might pay off and if it doesn't we will have tabaka waiting in the wings come May June.

Role on 2014!

love an optimist :)
  • Like 1

Now that is a new one. :o

• Like 2

monarchs g/teed at least 30 points every meeting imo.

Fox might do ok at home being used to the small tight tracks over there. Just look at Fisher when he first signed for Edinburgh. The Monarchs have a long middle order of 5 point riders but that is the trade off for having a 10.5 rider in the team. The first set of averages could be interesting.