British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Congratulations El Champions Poole

Never said they did ..my point was that the crowds at Poole have fallen in the last couple of years . When you sell thou's dirty mags of yours surely you must have noticed .

Nah, i walk round with me eye's closed mate.. :lol: Seriously tho, I don't think they've fallen, i think when they have its had a lot to do with the weather. We've like a lot of tracks have had some real crap weather in the last two seasons, and i don't think that not having our usual consistant Wednesdays have helped this season..

Edited by Starman2006

If you replace Stevebrum and Gavan with the words "Shovlar, and Skidder 1"and change the words" anti-Poole" to "Pro Poole" that statement would be just as true.

If the blue=rinse-tints brigade don't like it, the remedy rests with them. Stop sneering at other clubs and you may well find other fans take a more benevolent view of yours.

I haven't found Skiddely to be bad at all but some of the others are trying to emulate the Shovster - they know who they are so it won't list them here!

• Like 2

That's probably correct, but I should imagine the Pirates can pull support from both, which would certainly help. Either way, its always good to see big crowds at speedway, and Poole are certainly up there on that front. Ward and Holder are box office everywhere, and they definitely put bums on seats. The Showground is always rocking when the turbo twins come to town...

Never really understood why peterborough dont get bigger crowds, I know there is football in the city but you have one of the best tracks and good facilities.

I haven't found Skiddely to be bad at all but some of the others are trying to emulate the Shovster - they know who they are so it won't list them here!

Really, oh do please tell? :o Nothing wrong with Steve he's just a staunch poole fan, he can post some very un-biased posts, except when certain people try digging for Gold.. ;)

Really, oh do please tell? :o Nothing wrong with Steve he's just a staunch poole fan, he can post some very un-biased posts, except when certain people try digging for Gold.. ;)

I said I wouldn't list them and I won't! Shovel is probably a nice guy but he doesn't half write a load of verbal diarrhoea! Continually trying to wind people up is so tiresome! Yawn! And he doesn't practise what he preaches about attacking the post not the poster!

• Like 2

Never really understood why peterborough dont get bigger crowds, I know there is football in the city but you have one of the best tracks and good facilities.

That makes two of us. I'm 90 miles away from the Showground, and don't understand why locals are not packing the place out. The track is awesome, that's why I go. Maybe a good start to the season for once would help..
  • Like 1

If you replace Stevebrum and Gavan with the words "Shovlar, and Skidder 1"and change the words" anti-Poole" to "Pro Poole" that statement would be just as true.

If the blue=rinse-tints brigade don't like it, the remedy rests with them. Stop sneering at other clubs and you may well find other fans take a more benevolent view of yours.

Hardly sneering at other clubs, just defending our own through the constant onslaught and repetitive post of Gavan and Brum. Say it once is fine, repeat it is tiresome, repeat it 50 times and it is coma inducing.

And that's what we have had this year. The constant childish abuse of Matt Ford as all that is wrong with British Speedway is pathetic and childish.

Hardly sneering at other clubs, just defending our own through the constant onslaught and repetitive post of Gavan and Brum. Say it once is fine, repeat it is tiresome, repeat it 50 times and it is coma inducing.

Not they you repeat that you are the underdogs in every match ...you been doing the same for 3 years
  • Like 2

Of course I'm 'pro-poole'. I have been for nearly 30 years, sponsored for 26 of them and proud of it. I go to (nearly) every home meeting and some away. That doesn't make me anti-every other club, unless 'fans' of those clubs have a go at something to do with Poole, which is unfair, biased or not down to them.

Many of the things that are currently wrong with the way speedway in UK is run are collectively the responsibility of all those in charge ie the promoters - all of them - and to all those that have this biased notion that Matt Ford somehow has any more influence than any of the others - you are seriously deluded and just mischief-making to the extreme. Any promoter can be outvoted/overruled/taken to task on issues by the majority or by the BSPA MC or SCB who have been elected by their peers, like it or not (and MF hasn't been on the MC for some time).

Yes the rules need changing but Poole are no more to blame for them being open to interpretation than any other club. If this is a reflection on the current state of speedway, so be it, but I shall still be 'pro-poole' cos that's who I support.

• Like 3

How true, the continuous God Is Poole are great posts do get a tad tiresome...

If God was still alive he most probably would live in Poole :-) and be a season ticket holder lol.
  • Like 3

If God was still alive he most probably would live in Poole :-) and be a season ticket holder lol.

:rofl::t:

Not content with upsetting speedway fans - you are starting on upsetting the religious types too :wink:

• Like 1

Not content with upsetting speedway fans - you are starting on upsetting the religious types too :wink:

It was funny though Steve !
  • Like 1

And that's what we have had this year. The constant childish abuse of Matt Ford as all that is wrong with British Speedway is pathetic and childish.

It cuts both ways, Gavan knocking Poole and you and others going the other way and over-egging the pudding, telling us Ford walks on water. To be fair to Gavan, a number of posters have said he makes some good points even if he doesn't always present them well. We seem to have pattern that Gavan makes a point forcefully, Starman as usual misses the thrust of whats being said and defends a different point then the Poolites jump on the band wagon.

Then we have these claims that no other promoter works as hard as Matt Ford when you haven't a clue how much other promoters do or don't do. Matt Ford doesn't spend hours on a tractor like Dugard or Chapman for example, so when it comes to workload the truth is you haven't a clue what's involved or what local difficulties other promotions have to deal with, so those sort of cheap shots are as disingenuous as you claim Gavans are. Like I said, tone down the cheap jibes and other fans will likely give Poole a break.

Of course I'm 'pro-poole'. I have been for nearly 30 years, sponsored for 26 of them and proud of it. I go to (nearly) every home meeting and some away. That doesn't make me anti-every other club, unless 'fans' of those clubs have a go at something to do with Poole, which is unfair, biased or not down to them.

Many of the things that are currently wrong with the way speedway in UK is run are collectively the responsibility of all those in charge ie the promoters - all of them - and to all those that have this biased notion that Matt Ford somehow has any more influence than any of the others - you are seriously deluded and just mischief-making to the extreme. Any promoter can be outvoted/overruled/taken to task on issues by the majority or by the BSPA MC or SCB who have been elected by their peers, like it or not (and MF hasn't been on the MC for some time).

Yes the rules need changing but Poole are no more to blame for them being open to interpretation than any other club. If this is a reflection on the current state of speedway, so be it, but I shall still be 'pro-poole' cos that's who I support.

You are deflecting the point. The one issue that probably takes up more bandwidth than anything else is the collective shortcomings of the BSPA and nobody is singling out out Ford for special criticism on that front.

But consider this=: why do you think there is not thread after thread criticising the likes of Chris Van Stratten or Rick Frost and the rest ? Its not because people are jealous of Poole, its because apart from the collective shortcomings of the BSPA none of the others are constantly on the edge of controversy the way that Ford is.

Speedway fans tend to be tribal and support their clubs come what may, Not many are jealous of other clubs success, only irritated by the way it is SOMETIMES (but not always) achieved.

I'd hardly class The Know as a jumped up no mark. He's done quite a bit for speedway in the past and has done quite a lot for a young Brit this year. So a little more civility required I think even if you don't agree with any of his posts.

He might have been a good sponsor but his posts are a bit "Gor Blimey where,s me 'ob nail boots" in tone, and at times deficient in grammar so we can see where Gavan is coming from :wink:

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 2

Because you and Gavan have been going on and on and on and on all season blasting out anti Poole rhetoric. You and Gavan are the worst two on the forum for your never ending, stuck record, anti Poole bias.

Just ignore the many others that point out Poole`s tactic`s aren't loved by the rest, as is typical you ignore the blindingly obvious.

Likewise you are the worst poster for trolling and bias pro Poole nonsense that MANY pull you up on. To be fair you probably couldn't list the rest as i`m sure it would be way too long.

Well said. It amazes me that those who throw bricks at glass houses take offence when they have bricks thrown back. But i am never surprised.

Skidder1 whilst pro Poole is pretty tame, whilst its really only Shovlar, internetman/PooleQuay7 et al, home straight that give Poole fans a bad name.

Some on here are fine and i tend to find my visits to Poole that most fans are friendly and easy to talk too.

Having met Shov i found a lot of his stuff quite comical till a year ago when i think his forum ego got too big.

What was funny and mildly comical has now become blatant trolling and insulting.

In Poole its what fans do, apparently. ;)

You need to read most of your own posts if you want to see a true definition of repetitive/tiresome.

Matt Ford has had plenty thrown at him on here by MANY. Too say its pathetic and childish just goes to show just how blinkered you are. When MANY say the same thing, alarms bells would ring unless you have the blue tints over your ears as well as your eyes. But best keep telling yourself that its `just a few on here` that are having a dig at MF. However in the real world MANY MANY fans are unhappy at Poole`s tactics over the recent seasons. Of course feel free to call it `jealousy` if you wish. The vast majority of non Poole fans (who actually care about our EL/British Speedway) will tell you it isnt jealousy that is the emotion felt by so many.

Take the blinkers off for a nano second and take in the general ill ease that Poole and MF generate. I know you wont and i know you will just dismiss this comment.

That is the difference, i will try and engage a conversation about why our sport and EL is in the state it is in.

• Like 2