British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

The fact we were good on our travels is good management at getting the right riders in and is not Poole's fault the away teams chose to ride when we had riders missing.

To be fair we didn't need four points but given the chance why not take them, i don't any reason why the meeting couldn't have been postponed to the following monday and should have been.

Couldn't have taken place the following Monday as Belle Vue were due to ride at Peterborough.If it didn't take place on the day it was rode,Poole would have most likely missed out on the playoffs due to the cut-off date.So you can see why it was desperate for Poole to get the meeting on.

That was a mistake then, quite a few clubs reduce admission for cup matches.

It was a mistake yes, it was also a mistake on my part to actually go! :neutral:

Personally i feel it would be less risky to have Tungate in the team, if we get an injury it would mean more rides for Newman.

I am sure we'll be fine tonight.

Leaving in an hour. Meeting up at the KFC for a snack before walking over to the stadium.

As an Ipswich fan i agree there are different ways of looking at this.

Tungates smash was described by some as the worst accident seen in a long time and he was very very lucky to only have minor injuries.

In my opinion there is no way he should ride in the final.

Then you could say Barker has a worse injury with a broken knuckle plus the back injury a few weeks ago yet he is still riding.

I dont think Tungate should ride and to be fair Poole are not daft and know they are stronger without him so they are hardly going to want him half fit.

Have Poole named a Number 8 for tonight?

A damaged hand and concussion doesn't stop you walking!!! But it does have an effect on riding!!

True but what I found interesting about that was he got as far as having his having his full kevlars and kit on before deciding his hand was still knackered.

Why for the sake of speedway?

Sports when one person/team dominate are not good for encouraging interest, look how Vettel is currently killing F1 stone dead.

• Like 2

So therefore much better for the team that finished 4th to win - for the sake of speedway. To have the team that has been at the top or thereabouts to win the final as well, would be 'like killing it stone dead'!

Well going to watch this meet tonight and hope for a miracle aggregate win.....failing that a big win for the Brummies will do.

I'm in long eaton and it's only an hours drive to perry bar if that and it's lashing it down here ! What's it like at perry bar ?

BIRMINGHAM Speedway's Official Website has today been indefinitely suspended.

For all future official news including tonight's Grand Final 2nd Leg please follow us on this Official Facebook Page or via our Official Twitter Feed @BhamBrummies

end.

Watch this space...

Edited by SGP