British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

Could someone from the south mafia let me know the Poole septet for Tuesdays match please?

I wish to place a large wager on the outcome of the 2 nd leg and I would like to know if messrs tungate and dyer are available for said fixture.

Yours in sport, roo

Coast ffs

Really? Perhaps you'd be good enough to provide a transcript of what was said by who and when, since you obviously know more than the rest of us!

I don't need a transcript, (although you seem to forget that we all saw Poole representatives have a pow-wow with Tony Steele, deciding that all of a sudden the 'moisture' had led to a dangerous track, meanwhile the BV team manager stood there like he's been stuffed and mounted.) What it boils down to is a very simple thing. Do you think that if Poole had only been 5 or 6 points ahead after heat 10 the meeting would have been stopped? If the answer is no (and we all know that the meeting would have continued) then it was a contrived result, maybe you're quite happy with that in a 'professional' sport.

• Like 3

Could someone from the south mafia let me know the Poole septet for Tuesdays match please?

I wish to place a large wager on the outcome of the 2 nd leg and I would like to know if messrs tungate and dyer are available for said fixture.

Yours in sport, roo

Coast ffs

Would you risk tungate and dyer?

Absolute nonsense Kester ! Once again you need to be reminded of the regulations used in Elite League Speedway. Under SCB rules, for the match to be abandoned after heat 10 had been completed only the losing team at the time could officially request it (ie. Belle Vue). Whatever Middlo did or did not say made no difference to the official process and the score at the time would stand as the result if the referee decided the meeting could not continue..

Edited by hornblower

I don't need a transcript, (although you seem to forget that we all saw Poole representatives have a pow-wow with Tony Steele, deciding that all of a sudden the 'moisture' had led to a dangerous track, meanwhile the BV team manager stood there like he's been stuffed and mounted.) What it boils down to is a very simple thing. Do you think that if Poole had only been 5 or 6 points ahead after heat 10 the meeting would have been stopped? If the answer is no (and we all know that the meeting would have continued) then it was a contrived result, maybe you're quite happy with that in a 'professional' sport.

And can you really say that for sure? And the answer to that would be a definate NO..

The referee had no say in the decision, he was informed by the Meeting Steward Tony Steele what to announce to the public.

Would it not have been possible to avoid the football and rain (due again early evening) and rearranged for Thursday. The forecast is good all day?

The referee had no say in the decision, he was informed by the Meeting Steward Tony Steele what to announce to the public.

Incorrect statement ! Under SCB regulations, the meeting referee exercises supreme control of a meeting from the time of entering a stadium until he/she declares the meeting closed.

Great that there was no announcement on Sky that tonight;s 2nd leg was cancelled and the British Riders Championship was shown instead. Also great that Sky Sports did not mention tomorrows match that had been postponed from today but told us you could watch Scotland v Croatia on SS1, Republic Of Ireland v Kazakhstan on SS2, Belgium v Wales on SS3.

Just shows that Sky Sports could not care less about Speedway and probably tomorrow night will be the last time they will ever mention it

Incorrect statement ! Under SCB regulations, the meeting referee exercises supreme control of a meeting from the time of entering a stadium until he/she declares the meeting closed.

I go back to my point. do you think if Poole had been less than 7 points up the meeting would have been stopped?

Absolute nonsense Kester ! Once again you need to be reminded of the regulations used in Elite League Speedway. Under SCB rules, for the match to be abandoned after heat 10 had been completed only the losing team at the time could officially request it (ie. Belle Vue). Whatever Middlo did or did not say made no difference to the official process and the score at the time would stand as the result if the referee decided the meeting could not continue..

Quoting the regulation proves nothing.

Everyone knows that the rules are regularly exploited, particularly where Poole are concerned.

Would it not have been possible to avoid the football and rain (due again early evening) and rearranged for Thursday. The forecast is good all day?

And Somerset are at Redcar..

I go back to my point. do you think if Poole had been less than 7 points up the meeting would have been stopped?

Yes.

Well you tried to say why didn't they race on the tuesday at poole and you made it sound like another dig at poole, pirate nick explained why that didn't happen.

Sky arn't going to leave all their equipment at a stadium for a week when it is probably needed elsewhere.

Sky have got plenty of experience in putting up and taking down equipment ... it's mobile :wink: .

Perhaps it's a test, to see how it runs against the footy ...

So why did Pearson say that Poole would "pull the plug" on the meeting after heat 10 when 7 up.Someone must have it on Sky Plus