British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2014 European Speedway Championships

Gollob is a sad sight to watch these days.

Heartbreaking to watch.

Pedersen owned on his own track. :rofl:

Heartbreaking to watch.

Agreed Steve, he's given us all so many great memories, one of a few riders who could really get you on the edge of your seat when watching them race, brilliant rider, maybe he will bow out soon while he's still a fit man.

• Like 1

So having waited till 8 to watch we are straight into heat5, poor :mad:

.......and (excuse my language) Bloody adverts ever other race......have given up watching it now as fed up with all the advert breaks,

2 minutes of speedway,then 4 minutes of adverts, absolutely ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

.......and (excuse my language) Bloody adverts ever other race......have given up watching it now as fed up with all the advert breaks,

2 minutes of speedway,then 4 minutes of adverts, absolutely ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

This is Eurosport as I remember it from watching years ago, loads of ad breaks and very little attention paid to continuity. It's still good to have so much speedway available from the armchair.

Eurosport have been good so far, this is the first time they've reverted to type for a speedway meeting..

• Like 1

Dreadful track and racing, dreadful (lack of) referring decision.

About 20 mins racing in a 3hour programme minus 4 heats, pretty poor

• Like 4

Dreadful track and racing, dreadful (lack of) referring decision.

Not great but considering the rain they had it's not as bad a I expected, heat 17 was race of the night so far for me

What a disgrace for a Speedway Meeting. A 3 hour recorded programme that begins at heat five and no position of what the riders scores are until after heat eight..

If Eurosport cannot do better than this for a recorded programme they should give it up

• Like 5

Just watched it-sack the British Eurosport programme editor-and yes Iris not a problem with your football post(think Alan misunderstood it)Bloody Millwall thugs-I hate them more than Leeds :lol:

• Like 1

What a disgrace for a Speedway Meeting. A 3 hour recorded programme that begins at heat five and no position of what the riders scores are until after heat eight..

If Eurosport cannot do better than this for a recorded programme they should give it up

Be pleased you can watch it. Without Eurosport your opition would be ?

Some of you need to get a grip.. Moaning about live speedway Oh dear.

Be thankful

• Like 1

Be pleased you can watch it. Without Eurosport your opition would be ?

Some of you need to get a grip.. Moaning about live speedway Oh dear.

Be thankful

But it wasn't live, they did have time put a better programme than that together.

You're right though, we are very lucky to get what we do from Eurosport and Sky.

• Like 1

I was at the meeting yesterday and it should be said that we was very lucky to have had a meeting the rain that fell during the day and to have a meeting was amazing perhaps it's just me or maybe being there was the difference -but I thought it was one of the best I've attended this season - great racing on a great race track I thought .

Heartbreaking to watch.

Unless your Greg Hancock, every rider reaches a peak then starts going down hill, this is what's happening to Gollobb. Its always been my ambition to see Gollobb in a competitive meeting, sadly it doesn't look like that will happen.

Great rider, but maybe it is better he gives up on his racing career and leave us with so many great memories.

• Like 1

that was an odd programme, straight into heat 5, funny ad breaks, female ref (that will get a few quips), Pedersen rubbish. Gollob hope he is alright bike hit his head, but a sad shadow of the rider he was.

enjoyed the commentry, Dave Rowe one of the best, Nicholls in the pits seemed ok as well, Sam anybody got a gag.

Some good races, but hard to watch on the tele, advertised as live but wasnt.

Who amongst us grumbles about paying the TV licence?

The alternative to TV licence is advertising, after all someone has to pay for the programmes.

Having been starved of speedway since the early 80's I just glad I get "free" access from Eurosport (ok I pay Sky for the "general" programme package which includes BritEurosport). I dont mind too much about the adverts - they mostly come when the track is being graded anyway so whats the big fuss about.

Interesting meeting when the inside line was much faster then the wider line (generally speaking) - maybe Smolinski could have been a winner last night (had he been there).