British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2014 European Speedway Championships

Thanks iris123 that is exactly what I meant.

If Woffinden is so heavily sponsored by Monster its strange that he does not wear the Monster logo cap on GP duty as per Hancock,Holder,Ward and Gollob do

Did u not see the recent Woffy pic with him wearing his Monster cap in the hospital lol. I have my doubts that he has taken his cap off since being given the sponsorship! I reckon the 3 green stripes will be very obvious in Woffy's 2014 attire!

He's only just been sponsored.

Red Bull have no interest in a small sport like Speedway,

Hampel, Sayfudtinov and Janowski - amongst others - may say differently!!

Hampel, Sayfudtinov and Janowski - amongst others - may say differently!!

Yep. MBJ to

Could be another possible headache for the FIM on the not so distant horizon.It seems Wroclaw is to host the 2017 World Games.Now if you,like me witnessed the previous WG when speedway played a part you might think it not something of note.But there is a poll being held by the city as to which sport could be included as an invitational sport.Obviously the main sports are already included and so it really does i think only leave speedway as a major-ish sport in Poland that isn't already in.Of course just because speedway might win the poll i don't know if that would mean it would automatically be included.But if it is,it would seem another ideal opportunity for Onesport.Doubt speedway would have to be just the one dodgy pairs meeting like the one at Plough Lane.It could well be a small tournament and if the money is right include all the worlds top riders..........just me jumping to conclusions at the moment though

SEC race in Güstrow?

Writer: John Wahlberg November 18, 2013 @ 14:00 0 comments.

Rumors have placed an SEC-race in Güstrow 2014 Speedwaynyheter.se approached Torsten Jürn who is chairman of Güstrow speedway club, we got us a long chat about how the business is in Germany and also how much a race would mean for the resort and club in its entirety.

Many rumours permits the SEC to discuss with you. Can you confirm that for us?

- Yes, we have discussed with One Sport for a while now. We have had discussions already for the 2013 season but it did not work for the time of the preparation was for a short time. There is much to do in the arena and many details that need to be resolved. We are steps away from each other for everything to be completely clear, but it looks very positive for 2014.

How much would the SEC mean for Speedway in Güstrow and city?

- We are a small club and Güstrow is a small town. One Sports has EM to a level that matches the World Series. This means that if we get a race in our city, it would mean incredible marketing for our city in the world. For us as a club, it would be a huge challenge, and of course it would be the biggest event we have ever staged. We all work full time at our jobs and working with Speedway at leisure because we love the sport.

Güstrow is a nice town with a really good track. One of the world's best courses. Why is the path so well?

- I'm not so sure about that. The shape of the track is almost like an egg with very short straights and wide turns. The track is just 298 yards short. So I think a lot depends on the rider and not so much about who has the fastest engine. Even so, the material is pretty special, it is coal ash.Riders have several lines that go on to find momentum in the four lap and it's not all about the first turn. We also have a very experienced track staff who know how the track should be prepared in a variety of weather conditions.

- The problem is that the stadium was built in the 1960s, until 1990 when Güstrow was part of East Germany and the club had a lot of money, but the situation was such that you could not get the material as easily as it is today. After the reunification of Germany the money was gone soon and you could acquire all. It took a few years to recover, but step by step we are there. We jumped off the Bundesliga three years ago after we become champion twice and runner-up three times to put every single euro we earn at the stadium. We invested in new floodlights, new security fencing and even a new fence around the entire arena. We even bought air fence and made many other improvements to the stadium with very little sponsorship help. We are currently working with a couple of hundred new standing on the far side. The next target is the new stand on the start and also a new pits, but it will take a few years.

2013 did you organize U21 European Championships. Something you can take with you to a possible SEC race?

- You can not compare these events with each other. Being live on television will mean a lot more pressure. I know I had a good and motivated "team" behind me and I know that we can do big events with lots of audience.

What would be a possible Attendance in an SEC race in Güstrow?

- The goal is of course to sell out all tickets so we do not sell on the day of competition. But seriously, it's hard to say that we will have to take about double the price compared to a normal race. Plus you will be sent the race on TV and I do not know how many people stay at home for that reason. On the other hand, fans will get to see some of the world's best riders on our track so all over 6-7000 people would be disappointing and I am quite optimistic that there will be more than that.

- I hope that the FIM will not take away from our fans good speedway, but that is what they are trying to do now. What is being done now is preposterous and should you need a little common sense on their part. They are simply afraid of the SEC, the victims of this are the drivers that will be banned from having to go and earn a living, even those fans who want to see the best drivers compete. Therefore, I really hope One Sport has good lawyers and I'm sure they will have a plan b too!

Tell us about your activities in Gustrow, how many races do you have a year?

- Then we chose to drop out of the league, we have about eight to ten events per year plus some races where we did not take admission to junior competitions, veteran competitions and 80 cc except we offer training sessions each week. For next year we have nine scheduled races so far. In addition to the SEC, we have our traditional season opener "Oster Pokal" (Easter Cup) on April 19. June 6, we will arrange Güstrow second junior competition which was a huge success this year. It runs in the old GP system with 24 drivers, and I am pleased to welcome even a few guys from Sweden too!

- On May 8, we will have our traditional open competition "Pingstcup" and we hope for crowded as last year. These are the international open competitions. Then we come to stage the semi-finals of U21 European Championship, the German U21 championship and hopefully the German individual championship. We also have "demonstration competitions" with all kinds of Speedway Racing plus "carts", sidecars and so on. Kids can compete with their bikes on the track, then we have rides and lots of other attractions going on all day. It's absolutely free because we hope to attract more children and families to our competitions. It is also something we notice more and more on our competitions in recent years after we made this effort.

http://www.speedwaynyheter.se/sec/sec-deltavling-i-gustrow/

Edited by iris123

Maybe the Elite league,Polish and Swedish league should sue the F.I.M for compensation if their contracted riders get injured in F.I.M events.Just a thought

That's a very good idea....and a better one still would be that BSI/FIM should raise and train their own riders.

Did u not see the recent Woffy pic with him wearing his Monster cap in the hospital lol. I have my doubts that he has taken his cap off since being given the sponsorship! I reckon the 3 green stripes will be very obvious in Woffy's 2014 attire!

All I know is that when Tai picked up the world title he was not wearing the Monster logo cap.I think Monster thought they had covered all bases with non Red Bull sponsored riders then up pops Tai.Whatever next "Monster decide to sponsor the new world champion" Oh they have !

All I know is that when Tai picked up the world title he was not wearing the Monster logo cap.I think Monster thought they had covered all bases with non Red Bull sponsored riders then up pops Tai.Whatever next "Monster decide to sponsor the new world champion" Oh they have !

Tai always used to wear his Polish sponsors hat "Betard " who also sponsor his Polish team Wroclaw.

That's a very good idea....and a better one still would be that BSI/FIM should raise and train their own riders.

And maybe the FA and FIFA should raise and train all their own players and not use ones from Manchester United, Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc...

According to Speedwaynyheter.se there will be one SEC in Scandinavia next season but Jan Konikiewicz

does not want to say at what track or in which country it will be held.

Jan also confirms that they are negotiating with Güstrow and that there will be an event in Germany next year.

According to the same article FIM-Europe and BSI had a meeting the past weekend regarding the ban on Gp-riders in SEC.

Jan says that at the moment it seems that SEC have "won"n but he does not want to say more until it has been official.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.speedwaynyheter.se%2Fsec%2Fem-deltavling-till-skandinavien%2F

So is the SEC finally starting to worry BSI? The riders have proven time & time again, they'll follow the money!,

The challenge seems to be held in Debrecen according to that article. The full calendar for the qualifiers should be out in the next few days.

And maybe the FA and FIFA should raise and train all their own players and not use ones from Manchester United, Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc...

What an absolutely stupid comment. If Hougaard Racing had said that he would have gotten a torrent of criticism. Only an idiot compares the richest sport in the world to a very minor motorsport.

So is the SEC finally starting to worry BSI? The riders have proven time & time again, they'll follow the money!,

And you can't blame them. It's thier living. They are not registered charities.

Edited by pandorum