British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

so it includes BL2 data, that saves you a bit of time then, you only have the NL/CL figures to sort for the website then eh ....

so it includes BL2 data, that saves you a bit of time then, you only have the NL/CL figures to sort for the website then eh ....

He doesn't seem to want to answer the simple question Steve.

Will Parsloes collate the National League details and add then to this Website?

I won't hold my breath............................................................ :sad: :sad:

• Like 1

Leaving out details shouldn't be encouraged and all information should be admitted where possible.

Otherwise it is like a Man U fan supplying only their victories (deleting losses) in the season record, which I'm sure they would like to.

I admire anyone who wants to put a record together... but ignoring Tai Woffinden's Conference League actviity is akin to getting a shock when a big name celeb crops up on that Before They Were Famous tv show.

Tai actually dabbled a little in official competition before making it big at Wolves - and anyone new to the sport in, say, five years time will be robbed of this information... without the data available to compliment the full CV.

If compiling records is worthwhile, let's not cheat and supply only the figures we think are worthy.

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 3

I think you have to anaylyse what people say from a perspective of semantics.

I think the BSPA are idiots but that does not mean I think they are particularly unintelligent.

Let's face it for 15 years they had a massive boost from TV but failed to attract one single sponsor for thier league.

They failed to use the TV to thier advantage in promoting the sport to a wider audience.

They have made no attempt to showcase the sport by picking carefully matches to be shown on TV and were quite happy to fill the screen with dross that put off thier core speedway audience let alone brought a new audience to the sport.

They don't have a clue how to use the latest media to promote the sport.

They oversaw shambles after shambles with rules being bent, twisted, ignored and even made up on the fly to suit the favoured few.

They were selfish, greedy and spiteful and with thier petty point scoring were quite happy to see teams go out of existence rather than work together for the good of the sport.

They ignore thier core customers even to the point of treating them as the enemy.

They have squandered thier TV bounty and the goodwill between fan and promoter.

Now they realise they are in the s### and are asking the kids to pull them out of it.

To me that is a bunch of idiots.

I suspect this is how the majority will feel. If BSPA ignore this forum as some suggest it is because they suffer from ostrich syndrome and can't see the wood for the trees. Probably more correct to say won't rather than can't

I suspect this is how the majority will feel. If BSPA ignore this forum as some suggest it is because they suffer from ostrich syndrome and can't see the wood for the trees. Probably more correct to say won't rather than can't

WE can't agree between ourselves, so what are they going to learn from us.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

WE can't agree between ourselves, so what are they going to learn from us.

So the decent into oblivion continues unabated !!!

I can't imagine that anybody would listen and take advice from somebody who called them an idiot. That sort of language is common on this forum and therefore breeds resentment rather than respect despite the fact that the majority are able to offer an opinion in a proper way.

• Like 3

But helpers at speedway clubs ya know are just that
they need to let the promotion run the club and help where they can for the good of the club not theyre egos
When they think there bigga than the club then the problems start as they did at Kent last year
Hope 2014 will be plane sailing for Kent, lot of good people left there

• Like 3

One of the things that amazes me is they must have done very well out of Sky with nothing to show for it except big bank accounts for some riders .A National Speedway Centre could have been built by now or even bought i.e.Newport , if the Sky money had been used wisely.

• Like 1

Speedway has a history of wasted opportunities, so why should today`s lot of promoters be an improvement? A the big crowds from the various eras were taken for granted, the gate monies vanished instead of planning for the future.

Speedway is a entity without a base, a little like a homeless person, and relies on kipping under somebody else's roof instead of forward planning when times were better.

The Sky money long gone, all that's left is a list of rundown stadiums where shady businessmen turn up once a week to run a once highly-regarded sport from a porta-cabin, two if the track's doing well.

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 1

Speedway has a history of wasted opportunities, so why should today`s lot of promoters be an improvement? A the big crowds from the various eras were taken for granted, the gate monies vanished instead of planning for the future.

Speedway is a entity without a base, a little like a homeless person, and relies on kipping under somebody else's roof instead of forward planning when times were better.

The Sky money long gone, all that's left is a list of rundown stadiums where shady businessmen turn up once a week to run a once highly-regarded sport from a porta-cabin, two if the track's doing well.

Why blame promoters for the state of stadiums? They are only tenants in the majority of cases. If they insist on an upgrading of facilities the owners might possibly agree but it will be at a cost of increased rent meaning an increase in admission fees.

Why blame promoters for the state of stadiums? They are only tenants in the majority of cases. If they insist on an upgrading of facilities the owners might possibly agree but it will be at a cost of increased rent meaning an increase in admission fees.

He blames the promoters for the state of the stadiums because, as a chronic complainer who hasn't been to a meeting in years, he always posts the first thing that comes into his head, rather than to take the time to put forward constructive criticism,.

• Like 2

He blames the promoters for the state of the stadiums because, as a chronic complainer who hasn't been to a meeting in years, he always posts the first thing that comes into his head, rather than to take the time to put forward constructive criticism,.

There are very valid reasons why I am unable to attend speedway meetings these days.

However, I did not blame the promoters for the state of stadiums but indicated possible reasons as to what could happen if they insisted on an upgrade at their base...a point you chose to ignore rather than make a constructive comment yourself.

However, in good old BSF stye you chose to "criticise the Poster rather than the Post".

OK then, the possible solution is for promoters to increase their admission fees for the 2014 season by 20 per cent, place this levy into a pool and when it reaches a reasonable sum of money go to their stadium landlord, point out the facilities where they want improvements made and make the money over to the landlord to undertake this work on their behalf.

Edited by Guest

People should give their heads a wobble. defending the people who have taken SKY multi-million deal over 15 years and have nowt to show for it. The boom years of the 70s and post-war, you could say the same.

Posts that believe there is nothing wrong with speedway and the way it's been run over time should perhaps begin questioning why it is in such dire straits.

The sport is hanging on by the skin of its teeth; clubs relying on landlords not selling for redevolpment soon after the last heat time is given.

Speedway is a come day, go day sport.

Come on... you know it's the truth.

Edited by moxey63

There are very valid reasons why I am unable to attend speedway meetings these days.

However, I did not blame the promoters for the state of stadiums but indicated possible reasons as to what could happen if they insisted on an upgrade at their base...a point you chose to ignore rather than make a constructive comment yourself.

However, in good old BSF stye you chose to "criticise the Poster rather than the Post".

OK then, the possible solution is for promoters to increase their admission fees for the 2014 season by 10 per cent, place this levy into a pool and when it reaches a reasonable sum of money go to their stadium landlord, point out the facilities where they want improvements made and make the money over to the landlord to undertake this work on their behalf.

Read my post carefully and you will see I was not talking about you, I was talking about the poster you were commenting on i.e the one that commented on the state of the stadiums.. You raised question, I was answering that, not criticising you at all.