British Speedway Forum
a4poster

When Will The New Race Format Be Out & How Can Teams Name Riders When They Don't Know It?

i think the issue they have is that now clubs have signed teams they can't agree on a format. Teams with top end strength will want to leave them riders until the last few heats and teams with stronger lower orders will be the opposite. They should have agreed a format before signing riders.

Also the heat leaders might be wanting to re negotiate their points money now that they know they will have more races against heat leaders and probably a lower points score per meeting.

• Like 4

Also the heat leaders might be wanting to re negotiate their points money now that they know they will have more races against heat leaders and probably a lower points score per meeting.

THAT is a distinct possibility.

Oh we really couldn't see that coming could we as it's like turkeys voting for Christmas depending on whether you've gone for a top heavy team or stronger 2nd strings & I said right at the beginning of this thread I couldn't understand how teams could sign riders when they had no idea of the race format.

What a joke & I guess it will come down to a flip of a coin for heads or tails.

TBF, they've almost all signed after the conference when the news come out so they can hardly complain now!

Speedway doesn't give a lot of discount for season ticket holders compared to football. Still a good price to watch Elite at Lynn.

TBF, they've almost all signed after the conference when the news come out so they can hardly complain now!

But some may not have realized the probable reduction in points they could get.and it took a while to sink in.

But some may not have realized the probable reduction in points they could get.and it took a while to sink in.

With most speedway riders, that's a certainty... ;)

• Like 1

Of course the promoters may be congratulating themselves on saving more money. There are only 90 points (excluding bonus points and whatever tactical rules/payment may be in place). 12 of those are already locked into the reserve races and therefore at the cheapest rates. I suspect four more heats will have two reserves so that's another 4 points. With so many heat leaders clashing, that's more saving against the highest paid riders.

i think the issue they have is that now clubs have signed teams they can't agree on a format. Teams with top end strength will want to leave them riders until the last few heats and teams with stronger lower orders will be the opposite. They should have agreed a format before signing riders.

It's always the same over here.

The rules should be set for the following season before the current one has finished...

• Like 1

Seems that modern communication is up the spout ie e-mails.

Have posted previously that I have e-mailed the Great Ivory Towers of

ACU Headquarters
Wood Street
Rugby
Warwickshire
CV21 2YX

which houses both the British Speedway Promoters Association and the Speedway Control Bureau without success over the last seven days. Jon Cook who is Vice Chairman of the BSPA was also contacted by e-mail with regard to heat race format also without reply last seven days.

I felt like Boris Grishenko out of the James Bond film Golden Eye (1995) final scene speak to me computer whilst shaking it but then thought about Michael Winner advert calm down dear its only a commercial (Speedway).

Have also found this very interesting article by Jon Cook on the Speedwaygp.com site dated Monday 18th November 2013 almost confirming that there will be a change in race heat format for the Elite League 2014 season.

Please read this link below correction must read

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/3007/cook-backing-the-brits

Me thinks someone or something is in a mucking fuddle or words to that effect.

Edited by Barrycuda

Seems that modern communication is up the spout ie e-mails.

Have posted previously that I have e-mailed the Great Ivory Towers of

ACU Headquarters

Wood Street

Rugby

Warwickshire

CV21 2YX

which houses both the British Speedway Promoters Association and the Speedway Control Bureau without success over the last seven days. Jon Cook who is Vice Chairman of the BSPA was also contacted by e-mail with regard to heat race format also without reply last seven days.

I felt like Boris Grishenko out of the James Bond film Golden Eye (1995) final scene speak to me computer whilst shaking it but then thought about Michael Winner advert calm down dear its only a commercial (Speedway).

Have also found this very interesting article by Jon Cook on the Speedwaygp.com site dated Monday 18th November 2013 almost confirming that there will be a change in race heat format for the Elite League 2014 season.

Please read this link below correction must read

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/3007/cook-backing-the-brits

Me thinks someone or something is in a mucking fuddle or words to that effect.

So what's your problem ? We were told 3 months ago that the reserves would have two protected heats against each other and two against second strings yet we still have the chronic complainers on here worrying about mis-matched riders.

All we don't know is the actual riding order of heats. For many seasons now we have seen heats with riders like Ales Dryml going against Darcy Ward or Some PL d/u rider in the same race as Freddie Lindgren but I can't remember anyone coming on here and complaining about the formula. We also saw the No1's going against each other at least twice, and usually three times.

We still have 15 heats, the reserves still have four programmed rides, the heatleaders will still meet each other and meet the second strings.

Once the race formula is released its hardly going to contain any earth shattering surprises. I think some people ought to get out more.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 2

But not all the teams can have top end strength, i.e. some have to build in depth because they haven't got access to a genuine #1. Overall, whatever the race format, it wouldn't have made that much difference to team building.

Whatever format they come up with, the fact remains that they are charging Elite prices for a part National & Premier product.This is wrong in my opinion, & i'm happy that Panthers are in the Premier, & charging the product accordingly.

:rofl:

• Like 2

So what's your problem ? We were told 3 months ago that the reserves would have two protected heats against each other and two against second strings yet we still have the chronic complainers on here worrying about mis-matched riders.

All we don't know is the actual riding order of heats. For many seasons now we have seen heats with riders like Ales Dryml going against Darcy Ward or Some PL d/u rider in the same race as Freddie Lindgren but I can't remember anyone coming on here and complaining about the formula. We also saw the No1's going against each other at least twice, and usually three times.

We still have 15 heats, the reserves still have four programmed rides, the heatleaders will still meet each other and meet the second strings.

Once the race formula is released its hardly going to contain any earth shattering surprises. I think some people ought to get out more.

If it's so simple why is it taking +3 months to release the confirmed riding order? It's much more than that; what happens when injuries occur, guests or r/r for fixture clashes, calculating fair averages, loss of earnings or when we run out of NL riders? Comparing Ward v Dryml is very different to Ward v Halsey and co.

You appear to have a very blinkered view. Speedway should be simple but when the powers that be make a major change without carrying out a complete risk analysis, it inevitably leads to even more confusing and conflicting rules. That's where Speedway is and has been for years.

• Like 1