British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

No worries just being honest. EOES and OTA my fave tracks. Pretty much guaranteed decent racing, and value for money.

tuesday nights are the problem, the travelling fans that don't live in peterborough struggle to make it IMO

Tuesdays is a nightmare if you have kids , it was near 10.30 when I got home Tuesday way to late if you have kids ....they wont be going this week nor will there mother

• Like 1

Tuesdays is a nightmare if you have kids , it was near 10.30 when I got home Tuesday way to late if you have kids ....they wont be going this week nor will there mother

nice to see you putting your foot down mate!!! ... Only right :)
  • Like 1

perhaps a bit of elite league snobbery could be a part of the problem though.

You'd have to be a Panthers fan of 15 years plus to know anything else though so it shouldn't be a surprise that that's what many fans want. They've probably never experienced lower level speedway and don't want to? That was part of the Tuesday gamble? I've seen it all at the EoES but know which I prefer although as you pointed out, it's the overall package that isn't right.

When you go on the back straight and look at the grandstand you can see how sparse the crowd has been, I would guess not even a quarter full. I do think the Tuesday race night has had an effect, but got to agree the overall package is lacking something. The racing has been very good, so that is not the problem, perhaps a bit of elite league snobbery could be a part of the problem though.

Of THAT - I have no doubt. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Edited by The White Knight

tuesday nights are the problem, the travelling fans that don't live in peterborough struggle to make it IMO

i,m a Kings Lynn fan and was a regular at the Showground till this season so far I've been once Good Friday and doubt I shall make another meeting this season - reasons I've not gone drop to PL is one Tuesday nights is the other plus Swedish League live on TV is another reason . Pboro needed to race Fridays in the PL in my opinion and I'd be there to watch .
  • Like 1

i,m a Kings Lynn fan and was a regular at the Showground till this season so far I've been once Good Friday and doubt I shall make another meeting this season - reasons I've not gone drop to PL is one Tuesday nights is the other plus Swedish League live on TV is another reason . Pboro needed to race Fridays in the PL in my opinion and I'd be there to watch .

So one of the reasons you don't go is the drop to PL and you would prefer to watch better quality Swedish League and then our assets on a Wednesday whilst getting your EoES fix by foisting PL on the locals on a Friday. If we could get regular Fridays, coupled with the organisation we had towards the end of last season then I doubt that we'd be having this discussion.

Record the Swedish speedway and watch it another time?

• Like 2

totally agree, and i'd be there too! i only missed 3 home meetings last season and so far this season haven't made any :(

i know the promoter's won't admit it but tuesdays were also set up for Ryan Fisher to ride for both Pboro and coventry.

• Like 1

Horton needs to sort out his priorities, Peterborough speedway will have a stadium in 3 years and doesn't need capital investment of millions for a new stadium, He needs to look at the long-term project.

Currently, he's prioritizing Coventry and this is short-term thinking.

So one of the reasons you don't go is the drop to PL and you would prefer to watch better quality Swedish League and then our assets on a Wednesday whilst getting your EoES fix by foisting PL on the locals on a Friday. If we could get regular Fridays, coupled with the organisation we had towards the end of last season then I doubt that we'd be having this discussion.

all I posted was the reasons why I and other fans I know don't attend - last thing I'm sure all speedway fans want is tracks to close - but if your promotion can afford to lose fans then so be it .

Whilst I still go to all Panthers home Premier League meetings I would much prefer that they were still in Elie League. This is of course unlikely to happen at least under the present management.

Come back Rick Frost but this time make a better job in the people you engage as your management team.

• Like 1

totally agree, and i'd be there too! i only missed 3 home meetings last season and so far this season haven't made any :( i know the promoter's won't admit it but tuesdays were also set up for Ryan Fisher to ride for both Pboro and coventry.

See post 1261 above Edited by NeilWatson