British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

Speedway Best Pairs

Ok, I did now that he had changed his mind.

He hasn't.

Holder was simply named in the Poole team to race in the Elite Shield fixture at Swindon, which was postponed. It was a one-off and Ward will take his place for the forthcoming league fixtures.

• Like 1

For the Landshut 2nd round on May 10th Poland have named Gollob,Hampel and Prem Pawlicki.

...and Matt Ford has said there is 'a good chance' that the EL Eastbourne v Poole meeting on 10th May will be changed!! Probably to Monday 30th June if the Sky Sports Speedway list is accurate!!

Poole would probably be without Holder on May 10, as he rides in the SBP at Landshut. But would Eastbourne agree to postoned the league meeting?

Poole would probably be without Holder on May 10, as he rides in the SBP at Landshut. But would Eastbourne agree to postoned the league meeting?

Already moved to 30/06/14.

...and Matt Ford has said there is 'a good chance' that the EL Eastbourne v Poole meeting on 10th May will be changed!! Probably to Monday 30th June if the Sky Sports Speedway list is accurate!!

Exactly!!! :t:

So Gollob and Hampel with represent Poland with Pawlicki (Shamek) as reserve. Makes the competition a joke that in a pairs competition Poland are going to have been represented by 5 riders FFS!

The competition is a joke if you want to look at it like that.Let's be fair,some people are just looking to find fault.It is a series,which i am not sure has ever been done before.But in many if not most competitions with qualis and then finals you will get different riders in team or pairs events.I agree it would be better to have the same riders in all meetings,but also can see why riders might be selected for different tracks etc

In the end it is a hopefully good speedway meeting with a meaningless title if you want to see it like that.The main thing is the riders get decent competition and money,the fans get value for money and the promoters are happy .Anything else is just moaning.......I'd guess Landshut and the fans who go are ok with the Polish line-up

Edited by iris123

The competition is a joke if you want to look at it like that.Let's be fair,some people are just looking to find fault.It is a series,which i am not sure has ever been done before.But in many if not most competitions with qualis and then finals you will get different riders in team or pairs events.I agree it would be better to have the same riders in all meetings,but also can see why riders might be selected for different tracks etc

In the end it is a hopefully good speedway meeting with a meaningless title if you want to see it like that.The main thing is the riders get decent competition and money,the fans get value for money and the promoters are happy .Anything else is just moaning.......I'd guess Landshut and the fans who go are ok with the Polish line-up

The money bit is quite impressive, I have to admit. Wonder how long that purse remains open?

The money bit is quite impressive, I have to admit. Wonder how long that purse remains open?

Polish run so what your promised normally does not turn out to be quite the same :D

• Like 1

Polish run so what your promised normally does not turn out to be quite the same :D

My thoughts exactly.

So Gollob and Hampel with represent Poland with Pawlicki (Shamek) as reserve. Makes the competition a joke that in a pairs competition Poland are going to have been represented by 5 riders FFS!

So what? This is an event where pairs of riders represent their country. (or NOT in the case ot Lame GB)

Just like in the SWC, if the composition of the team changes from round to round, then so be it. It could never have been a case of two riders being chosen and that paring being unchangeable, else what would have happened in the event of injuries etc.

Yet again, an event pioneered abroad gets poo-poo'd. And of course in Britain we have something much better don't we? We have REAL competitions don't we? Organised by "proper" promoters in the guise of the BSPA, eh? Like the ERC perhaps?

• Like 4

Apparently it's Kasprzak and Hampel with Pawlicki reserve not Gollob and Hampel for Poland.

Apparently it's Kasprzak and Hampel with Pawlicki reserve not Gollob and Hampel for Poland.

Not surprised after Gollob's showing for Torun on Sunday!!!