British Speedway Forum
hagonshocker

Rosco Team Gb Boss

To be fair bearing in mind GB,s current standing I thought it interesting that 4 people wanted the job.

Best of luck to Rosco in what is a difficult job in the current climate.

A thankless task as Middlo found out, a bit of a poisoned chalice to be honest good luck to Alun in the job though.Just hope we dont worry to much about the short term results but do everything in our power to help the likes of Lambert and Ellis ( ect)

Middlo got stick because he was rubbish and made mistake after mistake. Let's see what Rosco does, I have more faith in him than Middlo.

Middlo got stick because he was rubbish and made mistake after mistake. Let's see what Rosco does, I have more faith in him than Middlo.

He made mistakes of course, like all of us in life but his CV is pretty impressive also i have never found Neil to be a Braggart in victory again good luck to Rosco.
  • Like 1

I'm glad Rosco is getting a chance. I hope Phil will be around as he was last year too. I can see Rosco making such piss poor decisions and then changing his mind and making even more.

He made mistakes of course, like all of us in life but his CV is pretty impressive also i have never found Neil to be a Braggart in victory again good luck to Rosco.

Yes we all make mistakes but were talking the best team manager in the country, he should not be making mistakes that an amateur makes.

Certainly wouldn't have been my choice but there's no doubting he wears his heart on his sleeve also done very well at Bees and Robins probably far better than most thought he would.

Bugger I'm starting to sound like he won me over at the interview

A thankless task as Middlo found out, a bit of a poisoned chalice to be honest good luck to Alun in the job though.Just hope we dont worry to much about the short term results but do everything in our power to help the likes of Lambert and Ellis ( ect)

not a poisoned chalice at all but with our pool of riders we should be ahead of Latvia and the USA but Middlo was pretty clueless and made mistake after mistake in selections and he isn't exactly a good motivator. We don't expect to get near to winning the World Cup but we shouldn't be any lower then 5 th in my mind behind the poles Danes swedes and Aussies. Can't see Rosco being as inept as Middlo

Yes we all make mistakes but were talking the best team manager in the country, he should not be making mistakes that an amateur makes.

Although I couldn't possibly comment, some might say the riders any team manager picks in his side should not be making mistakes either but they do! That's life isn't it? EVERYONE makes mistakes - even "the best team manager in the country" to use your own definition of him! :rolleyes: I'm just hoping speedway never follows the oh-so-ludicrous example being currently shown within top league soccer in the UK when, if anything goes wrong at any club it's deemed all the manager's fault, he gets sacked / paid off and toddles off to await the next offer to come his way leaving another (who was probably blamed and sacked from the manager's/ assistant manager's position at another club in the past following a run of poor results!) to be drafted into the job and hailed as some sort of miracle worker! :wink:

Anyway well done to Middlo for his considerable efforts, congrats and good luck to Rosco in the job and with Phil Morris / Neil Vatcher working hard on the development of young British talent, in the look term things look fairly promising to me.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 2

Congrats to Rosco. Don't let the mountain of abuse about to come your way from next summer get you down!

not a poisoned chalice at all but with our pool of riders we should be ahead of Latvia and the USA but Middlo was pretty clueless and made mistake after mistake in selections and he isn't exactly a good motivator. We don't expect to get near to winning the World Cup but we shouldn't be any lower then 5 th in my mind behind the poles Danes swedes and Aussies. Can't see Rosco being as inept as Middlo

<predictable personal abuse removed>

• Like 1

Whats the betting that Eddie Kennett features in at least one of Rosco's Team GB line-ups??!!! :o

• Like 2

Whats the betting that Eddie Kennett features in at least one of Rosco's Team GB line-ups??!!! :o

1000/1 probably... :wink:

• Like 2

1000/1 probably... :wink:

Are you offering those odds blu ? :D

Clueless oaf? Love to see you say that to his face! Another faceless keyboard idiot!

I’m sure that Middlo is more than capable of coping with anything that is posted on here (as well he should be), after all he is not adverse to ‘dishing it out’ is he – see his Twitter comments to genuine supporters at the end of last season as an example.

Anyway, congratulations to Rosco, hopefully this will be the beginning of a new dawn for Team GB (England)…

• Like 1

Congrats to Rosco. Don't let the mountain of abuse about to come your way from next summer get you down!

<predictable personal abuse removed>

You would've been the first one if Britain were successful to say it was all down to Middlo but then try & exempt him from any blame when it was shocking.

• Like 1