British Speedway Forum
screm

Premier League 4's 2014-peterborough 03/08

After last years fiasco I'm amazed so many went back this year, talk about gluttons for punishment. Until someone takes charge of these meetings that knows what they're doing, there's no way I'm going to bother.

For those complaining about being search for food and drink today they did the same at King's Lynn last Saturday and there were notices up warning you they would check................seems to be the in thing these days............

Well done to Somerset on winning though............

RP

Spoke to Somerset fans on my way out and they said they enjoyed today and thought the event was ran superbly.

What happened to your team home track advantage and having 5 number 1's and still didn't make it out of the group?

Thought they really tried to get on with it, riders on 2 mins straight after race finished. Not their fault too many riders going for the roller or the several crashes 3rd bend. Admittedly we do appear to have electrical faults too often at the EOES.

Congratulations Somerset, worthy winners.

• Like 1

Just arrived home and found my girlfriend has gone to sleep.

This meeting was taking too long.

thaught you batted for the other side well so rumour has it on here

some fans hid alcohol on kids to get over this

Thanks for the tip

Thought they really tried to get on with it, riders on 2 mins straight after race finished. Not their fault too many riders going for the roller or the several crashes 3rd bend. Admittedly we do appear to have electrical faults too often at the EOES.

Don't think they could've run it any faster. It's the stadium owners that are to blame for the electrical problems.
  • Like 2

Spoke to Somerset fans on my way out and they said they enjoyed today and thought the event was ran superbly.

This is news? You should've asked supporters of a side that were knocked out early for a more balanced view

What happened to your team home track advantage and having 5 number 1's and still didn't make it out of the group?

Don't forget the "superior mentality."

Well done Somerset.

Been a decade since I last went to the 4s and it will be several more before I think of going again.

The weather is out of anyone's hands but how you deal with it is down to the promoters and they simply didn't deal with it. The ref to his credit tried to keep things moving but the tapes taking an age to mend - really? Why not have a spare set or at least someone who can tie a ruddy knot! As for the lack or red lights - surely after the first electrical failure all marshals should have been told if necessary to show the red flag and yes I do know that's against the regs but imagine if the 3 riders had not seen lindgren or his bike!also why have 2 ambulances and only 1 paramedic leading to a delay. Took my own food & drink so that was OK. The sound system in the stand was awful.

We left before the final, covered in dust, with headaches and totally fed up.

Only bright spot was seeing the 125cc youngsters given another couple of outings.

Just got out of the shower and the water going down the plughole was almost black so bad was the dust today....a sunny and windy day will always lead to dust but there wasn't enough dirt on the track in the first place to sustain anywhere near 28 heats IMO and there wasn't anywhere near enough water put down through the afternoon. That said there was some excellent action, especially in the final.

The delays were annoying and four hours is too long for any meeting but it was good to catch up with several familiar faces and to meet Pirate Nick for the first time.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

Have the meeting on Saturday night instead . Afternoon meetings are terrible when it's sunny can't seem to get enough water into the track

• Like 3

Well that wasn't a great advert for Peterborough speedway.

The electricity goes off again, the PA on the back straight only working half the time, the track like a dust bowl, was there any shale on it? Why was the tractor man stopped from watering it after the electrical faults?

Red lights allegedly not working when a rider was laying on the track, with the others heading full pelt towards him, no red flags put out either.

The track staff arguing with the crowd and a rider being pulled away from a raker after words were spoken.

Charging an arm and leg for food and drink, which was nothing special.

Feel sorry for the fans that had to go early due to the delays.

Overall pretty poor stuff.

Well done Somerset on your win, and all the riders for putting on a good show under the circumstances.