British Speedway Forum
PolskiZuzel

Speedway Champions League ?

Individuals based on licence, team events on passport held.

and he's NOT in the world U21 because he's not got an ACU Liecence same reason as I understand it he can't ride in the World Cup round at KL

I think you will find in can race for GB in a team event 😉

Just to agree with others, it's licence for individual honours, passport for team. It makes me wonder why he's got a German licence tbh if it means missing out on the U21s, what does he gain from it?

and he's NOT in the world U21 because he's not got an ACU Liecence same reason as I understand it he can't ride in the World Cup round at KL

Just read the regulations for SWC and it is 100% based on nationality and not the licence

I was there and saw him riding for GB in Teterow........

Please enlighten me Humphrey; how was it possible to finish 5th in a 4TT? Sounds fantastic. British speedway always guaranteed to put a smile on your face

Thanks in advance

At one point in the 90s the number of teams in the league didn't evenly divided by four, so it was decided to run one of the groups with 5 teams. A 4TT was run at each track in the group with one team sitting out each round, but it basically meant Reading (?) ended up finishing 5th.

In fairness it wasn't as bad as running a 4TT with three teams, as also happened...

• Like 1

Just sobering up after a great night before. Great on a number of levels. Met up with lots of Polish friends again. Saw some cracking speedway and got my first sight of Robert Lambert. Must say how impressed I was with him. I hope Stal Gorzów were equally impressed and make him an offer.

Attendance was about 7500 which ranks it alongside the SWC Qualifier that I saw there a couple of years ago. Anyone who missed it, we'll it was their loss. Would any British team object to a 7500 gate? I am told that 7000 was the financial break even point so it looks like the event has turned in a small profit too. Does anyone in the BSPA recall what profits are?

Anyway great people, great event, well worth the trip. Now off to church to say prayers that the Grudziadz fixture doesn't get rained off.

Edited by uk martin
  • Like 1

Just sobering up after a great night before. Great on a number of levels. Met up with lots of Polish friends again. Saw some cracking speedway and got my first sight of Robert Lambert. Must say how impressed I was with him. I hope Stal Gorzów were equally impressed and make him an offer.

Attendance was about 7500 which ranks it alongside the SWC Qualifier that I saw there a couple of years ago. Anyone who missed it, we'll it was their loss. Would any British team object to a 7500 gate? I am told that 7000 was the financial break even point so it looks like the event has turned in a small profit too. Does anyone in the BSPA recall what profits are?

Anyway great people, great event, well worth the trip. Now off to church to say prayers that the Grudziadz fixture doesn't get rained off.

What was the price of ticket in £'s??

I for one, thoroughly enjoyed this Speedway spectacular, and thought that the Stars contributed to the meeting in a good way. Looking at the strength of the competing sides, we were always going to be the whipping boys. But to be in with a shout of a Bronze medal right up to the end was commendable.

Unlike some, I think it would be wrong to blame certain riders, and feel that each and everyone deserves praise for putting on such a spirited display. No doubt Lambert, who is getting better with each week, will make all the headlines, but they all did their bit.....and will each benefit from this experience.....

A lot of new people will have noticed the spirit of the Lynn Stars, Disappointed to have been so close but hey, we were there on the World's Stage......... :t: .

• Like 1

What was the price of ticket in £'s??

Apart from the rather expensive VIP pack (£53), the tickets were a bit cheaper than the average Extraleague ones (between £4 and £8). And there was a special £4 ticket for the fans who presented a ticket to the Warsaw SGP disaster.

It's a pity we couldn't provide a race jacket or shirt for Protaseiwicz to wear.

• Like 2

Must admit to thinking exactly the same GB and what were those fork/handlebar covers?

It's a pity we couldn't provide a race jacket or shirt for Protaseiwicz to wear.

It has been confirmed by Marc Gent that a Stars top was issued but he refused to wear it. I'd guess it would have something to do with the fact the meeting was in Poland so he couldn't afford to cover his sponsors maybe? Cant blame him for that.

Just notice Tomasz Bajerski is commentating. I thought he went AWOL a few years because he was wanted by the police and was on the run in America having committed fraud in Poland? What happened there then?