British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Madzzz Testimonial 16th March

Decent meeting to kick the season off raced in glorious weather. Leicester fans were different class on the first bend.

Roll on Wednesday evening.

Agree,was good meeting to get the season going.Can see the noise being seriously ramped up on Wednesday though :t:

After leaving the sh!yte on the box early raced down to track and only missed the 1st heat. So pleased I made it. There was some good racing on show, beautiful weather & a terrific crowd. Mads must have been so pleased.

Rider of the day for me was Kildermand. This bloke gets a bit loose on the bike but boy is he great to watch. Right out of the younger Nicki Pedersen draw.

Mads must have been well pleased with the meeting, it was a pleasure to support him. Disappointed there wasn't any merchandise tbh but that's a minor thing! So glad all riders came away without hitting the deck :-)

Wish Mads all the best for his Leicester stint, can tell now that the Leicester fans will love his never say die style :-)

Edited by Trees

Buster did well to get a decent racing strip after the stocks yesterday. Good opener, lovely and sunny if a tad cool in the wind, especially later on - glad I didn't put my shorts on!

Several decent races and quite a few squeaky bum moments....fun day....don't think anyone told the riders....

Good luck at Leicester Mads, real shame you ain't back here again next season - here's to the next 10 years, hopefully a few more in the Stars colours at some point!

• Like 1

Well, that was a fun way to say goodbye to our speedway friends at Mads testimonial meeting.

Great day, good racing, perfect weather and a decent crowd for Mads.

Shame the referee had had a complete sense of humour bypass but the paying public seemed to appreciate the tongue in cheek topical comments and that's all that matters! :lol:

Thanks for asking me Mads - it was a great way to finally leave British speedway presentation duties :t:

• Like 6

Really enjoyable meeting-weather fantastic - good racing on a great track . Also realised how much we miss Mike Bennett on the PA true pro on the PA have a great new life in Australia Mike and family .

• Like 5

Agree about Kildemand, could watch him round Lynn every week.

We get used to it at Blunsdon. The hot dog stall on bend two comes under fire most weeks! :cry:

• Like 2

We get used to it at Blunsdon. The hot dog stall on bend two comes under fire most weeks! :cry:

Because of the high prices and crap grub!

Well, that was a fun way to say goodbye to our speedway friends at Mads testimonial meeting.

Shame the referee had had a complete sense of humour bypass but the paying public seemed to appreciate the tongue in cheek topical comments and that's all that matters! :lol:

Thanks for asking me Mads - it was a great way to finally leave British speedway presentation duties :t:

Didn't realise you were monitored by the referee. Thoroughly enjoyed the banter, just shows what sort of people we have in charge.

Thanks Mike, Enjoy your new life when to move to Australia......You will be missed....

• Like 3

Excellent meeting to start the 2014 season, and so glad Mads had some lovely weather and a decent crowd for it. Watching Mads race, makes me realise what Kings Lynn are missing, and Leicester are gaining. He always gives 110% and I'd love to see him back in the Stars colours next year.

A special mention for Mike doing his last ever meeting in the UK before heading down under. Thanks Mike for being a wonderful presenter, we shall all miss you, and please keep in touch with us all on the forum. You will be in good company on the Gold Coast, I think there are a number of ex riders in that part of the world.

Looking forward to Wednesday, and later on seeing our younger Stars take to the track. Bring it on.......

• Like 1

I'm pleased that you got to say your official farewells Mike. You and I go back a great many years don't we, and I wish you nothing but luck, health and happiness as you embark on the next chapter of your life in Melbourne.

A little birdie tells me that you might be involved at the 2015 New Zealand GP, and if so, that will be well deserved for all your years in speedway.

You've had your knockers (yes probably that sort too!!) over the years, and now it seems that not everybody enjoys listening to Matt Black, but that's the penalty of being in the public eye. I know from having a stint as announcer at King's Lynn Football Club some years ago, it's not an easy job by any stretch of the imagination, and people like you, Matt and the majority of announcers/presenters around the country deserve any recognition they can get.

Be happy mate, and keep in touch.

Mike

• Like 1

Well there is that too....