British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Which Rider Have You Never Taken To?

No names but any rider who is an out and out gating tart. We've all seen them. Gate first and win by 200 yards, gate last and can't get past the oppositions 17 year old no7 visiting the track for the very first time and riding a 2 valve Jawa.

• Like 2

Ivan Mauger would have won nothing under todays tape starting rules...The master of movement at the start...

Ivan mauger. When i was a kid i hated him for his antics at the tapes. But i changed my opinion of him in 1985 when thanks to cyril maidment, i went on his farewell tour to poland with all of the riders and ivan's family. He could not have been more nicer to me and it made me feel guilty about booing him all those years ago!

Ivan Mauger would have won nothing under todays tape starting rules...The master of movement at the start...

Bollocks.. he would have practiced harder than anyone and mastered the starts under whatever rules.

I remember erik gundersen dropped over a point and a half off his average the yesr the tspe touching rule csme in. The following seadon he had adapted and aversged 11.

• Like 9

Perhaps wrong to speak ill about the dead, but it has to be the late Kenny Carter. Watching him race, he had no regard for fellow riders and engaged in truly dangerous moves, often going for "gaps" which didn't exist.

Ivor Brown,suppose thats obvious for Wolves fans from that era.

Sure Cradley fans could name a few Wolves riders,that would come under the same category though.

But one thing it did bring,and that was passion.And bucket loads of it.

Hancock, dull as dishwater.

Pedersen and Fisher, mucky too often.

Gollob, couldn't always be arsed.

• Like 2

Hancock, dull as dishwater.

Pedersen and Fisher, mucky too often.

Gollob, couldn't always be arsed.

Finally someone who dislikes Hancock, I thought I was the only one.

Greg Hancock, Billy Hamill, Alan Grahame, Simon Cross, Scott Smith, Mark Robinson, Jan O Pedersen, Erik Gundersen, Gert Handberg, Troy Pratt, Dalle Andersson etc.

Not sure if there is a pattern there or not.....

• Like 4

Thats a club you couldnt connect with 😂😂. Hancock is the ultimate gentlemen. Hampel is another i just havent taken to very smooth and fast rider just not an edge of your seat rider

Ben Barker, needs to get his head down and perform rather than talk about it.

• Like 1

Ivor Brown,suppose thats obvious for Wolves fans from that era.

Sure Cradley fans could name a few Wolves riders,that would come under the same category though.

But one thing it did bring,and that was passion.And bucket loads of it.

Yes!!! Ivor Brown. :D He was disliked by quite a few I think.

I remember one end of season meeting at Monmore when Ivor was up against Ron Mountford in some match races, and old Ron left him dumped in the safety fence big time. Great days :D

• Like 1

Kelvin Mullarkey, Andrew Silver!!

Edited by Skidder1