British Speedway Forum
adz_mft

Save Mildenhall Stadium-online Petition

Anyone considered approaching the riders to spread this via social networking?

Tai Woffinden for example has 30500 followers (albeit probably many outside the UK) and surely this would be how to start "going viral".

It's surely a dangerous legal precedent for any motor sports stadium and thus potentially rider income. How can an established business/activity be under threat from somebody who CHOOSES to move nearby?!

I think the thing is this isn't just about speedway or even motor sports - its about almost anything. An MUFC fan might find it amusing until he was advised that Old Trafford could, at least potentially, be shut down by one person.

The judgement and the law on which it is based is, in my opinion, perverse. How can someone who creates a problem bear no responsibility for it ?

I have signed but I will circulate it to people who have no interest in speedway because they could just as easily be affected by this ridiculous decision.

• Like 2

I think the thing is this isn't just about speedway or even motor sports - its about almost anything. An MUFC fan might find it amusing until he was advised that Old Trafford could, at least potentially, be shut down by one person.

The judgement and the law on which it is based is, in my opinion, perverse. How can someone who creates a problem bear no responsibility for it ?

I have signed but I will circulate it to people who have no interest in speedway because they could just as easily be affected by this ridiculous decision.

it is a ridiculous decision,,, made by ridiculous people, in favour of ridiculous people, and there is plenty of ridiculous folk around, so more ridiculous decision's will be made,,, so what does that make the people who let this happen, even more ridiculouser ???,,, a dunno, it's just bloody ridiculous :-)

• Like 1

Signed.

Read elsewhere that it's better to sign a paper petition (not sure if true?), but got me thinking if it would be worth having petitions to sign at all tracks to raise support.

signed and good luck

it is a ridiculous decision,,, made by ridiculous people, in favour of ridiculous people, and there is plenty of ridiculous folk around, so more ridiculous decision's will be made,,, so what does that make the people who let this happen, even more ridiculouser ???,,, a dunno, it's just bloody ridiculous :-)

I feel that if they have not broken any planning conditions, then Mildenhall should not be restricted and I have not seen this argument stated anywhere.

Edited by Fanmale

8.4% of the way towards hitting the 100K goal. Methinks it needs some higher profile bumps (maybe some of Nigel Pearson's media contacts via Twitter?) to make serious inroads on this.

Signed. This is not just a Speedway problem this could have major implications for the future of all sports in this country, yet how many of those who do not follow Speedway will take the time to sign this and think that it would never happen to their club or sport until it's too late.

Signed. This is not just a Speedway problem this could have major implications for the future of all sports in this country, yet how many of those who do not follow Speedway will take the time to sign this and think that it would never happen to their club or sport until it's too late.

You are right. I am not much of a football fan but there must be a lot of football clubs with houses nearby and those stadiums on a match day are the source of a lot of noise. Are they next on the agenda?

You are right. I am not much of a football fan but there must be a lot of football clubs with houses nearby and those stadiums on a match day are the source of a lot of noise. Are they next on the agenda?

no judge in his right mind would shut down a football ground in this country. Some clubs can go bust two or three times and still stay in business. Football seems to be above the law in most cases, and I'm a big fan of both football and speedway.

That's brilliant - I hope that ALL Tracks do the same. :unsure: :unsure:

Congratulations to Rye House and Kent. :t::approve: :approve:

Peterborough and Belle Vue helping to spread the word as well ..
Approaching 10,000 signatures

10,000 signatures gets a response from the government department.