British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Robert Lambert Mouthing Off In The Star. Oh Dear.

As you point out greyhoundp, Monmore is a track that Lambert struggled on last year... which makes it all the more bizarre he chooses not to ride in this meeting as the extra track time on a track he struggled at would be invaluable.

It really does seem like an ego driven decision in that he won't compete because he thinks he might get beat.

Agree with everything else you say, the comparison between Bridger and Woffinden is a good one.

It's certainly not impossible for Lambert to go on and forge a very very successful career, but those advising him are making it a hell of a lot more difficult for him to do so.

• Like 1

I take it, he doesnt feel ready to win the British Under 21 final :wink: . I really dont know who is advising Robert, doesnt want to do NL bcuz he is to good, well not at Monmore he aint. Doesnt want to do PL, i dont know why, but wants to do EL where i think he will struggle away from The Norfolk arena, especially on Tracks such as Lakeside, and Monmore. Compare Bridger & Tai one took the fast Track route ie direct into the EL, and barely made any progress whatsoever, the other took time to progress through the Leagues, and ended up as World Champ. Robert has plenty of time to take in the EL, personally i would have advised him to do NL & PL for 2014, then PL & EL in 2015 after all he will still be only what 17? in 2015 plenty of time on his side.

I personally think he will cope with the EL ok he might struggle with some of the tracks but talent wise he will be fine,Is this year also a big year for him is he doing his studies?so has he the time to do NL and PL with his German commitments?

As I said earlier in the thread he is cutting his nose off to spite his face by not riding in the Under 21 final, seems like an act of stubbornness as it's only for one year. All a bit silly and unnecessary.

• Like 1

But if the reason for pulling out is that he has a pre existing booking, made before the u21 date was known, its understand able to honour the existing commitment - especiallyif its in germany where he has done a significant proportion of his riding.

The fact that he has asked to be considered next year would indicate not intended as a snub to the event?

Are there really that many meetings in Germany? So he throws his toys out the pram because SCB / BSPA won't bend the rules - because he's special. Complains he has to travel afar to get much needed meetings, then when of age declines opportunity of extra meetings, NL, PL, U21's. I've followed his progress for a few years and he does look a talent, as others have before him. Making himself look a tad cocksure.

But if the reason for pulling out is that he has a pre existing booking, made before the u21 date was known, its understand able to honour the existing commitment - especiallyif its in germany where he has done a significant proportion of his riding.

The fact that he has asked to be considered next year would indicate not intended as a snub to the event?

He's riding for the Stars in the EL on the two days either side of the U21 final so can't be in Germany.

Ok fair enough I thought that was what he had said the the star but either I mis read it or misrememebered.

Probably time now to put this one to bed. He has mouthed off, got the criticism, and has apparently now said he would like to be considered for next years U21's.

Time to give it a rest and enjoy his development as a Brit.

• Like 1

Probably time now to put this one to bed. He has mouthed off, got the criticism, and has apparently now said he would like to be considered for next years U21's.

Time to give it a rest and enjoy his development as a Brit.

I agree - but will he be partnering Smolinski in the Eurosport Best Pairs????? :D:rofl:

• Like 1

I wonder how many on here have seen Robert race or have spoken to him ??

Please please put this story to rest now.

What does that have to do with this story?

I wonder how many on here have seen Robert race or have spoken to him ??

Please please put this story to rest now.

Irrelevant.

• Like 1

silly me.... must have posted on wrong thread.

Clearly the rules were not made up to stop him riding, wait to he has some experience of the BSPA when they make decisions on the "back of a fag packet". I suggests he moves to Poole quickly or he really receive some odd rulings.

Once his carear develops and he realises that with a dearth of English GP riders, there is money to be made as an "English hopeful" he will suddenly grow up and return to England. Well Im done with him. Go Cook and Worrall not Lambert

Well Im done with him.

Bet he can't sleep at night.

Marcelle, thank you for enlightening me.

I forgot a humble fan who pays at the turnstiles (which becomes Lamberts wages) does not count, after all Speedway is awash with fans, matches are normally sold out and Christies the auctioneers are considering having a special day just to sell any left over tickets (an unusual event).

I shall return to my insignificant life.