British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Robert Lambert Mouthing Off In The Star. Oh Dear.

Well I have just read the article in today's Speedway Star and a what a jumped up little beep Robert Lambert comes across as.

He is going to refuse to ride for Team GB, will not ride in the British U21's, even though he is seeded through to the final, and says he is going to continue riding on a German license.

Just because the BSPA have safe guards in for young riders and won't allow 500cc competitive racing for U16's.

Regarding Team GB and U21's. "The British authorities haven't really helped me, so I don't feel as if I need to help them out in any way. I wouldn't do it. There is such a sour taste in my mouth if I did do a meeting, I wouldn't go out and put in 110%. There is such a sour taste in my mouth I wouldnt put myself out to do it. I have got german fixtures in place. It's funny that they're seeding me through and I think they are trying to get me back over here. That's not going to happen".

Oh dear. Jumped up little $h/t comes to mind. Just because the UK has rules regarding young riders which he doesn't agree with he throws a massive tantrum and refuses to ride for his country or do the U21's.

He might be a precocious talent for his age but it seems he is already alienating British speedway fans.

Which is a shame as by saying such things he could well will miss out on lucrative sponsorship deals. Showing his immaturity I guess.

Thoughts?

Edited by Steve Shovlar

sounds like he needs to grow up...

lets hope he see's sense and eventually rides for team GB.

Ain't going to see much international action riding for Germany.

• Like 1

British speedway wouldn't help out Nick Morris either so they lost him to Australia. So we could have had two talents young riders in our side but we alienated them both. Maybe it's not just down to the riders.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 3

sounds like he needs to grow up...

lets hope he see's sense and eventually rides for team GB.

Ain't going to see much international action riding for Germany.

needs to grow up?? He's still a schoolboy ffs :)
  • Like 6

Another side to this is the German team manager was given an ultimatum.Stop assisting Lambert or stand down from the german job.He stood down last week.The German authorities thought it wasn't fitting for the German manager to be helping out a "foreign" rider.It seems the connection between the two will continue.So expect to see Lambert carry on in Germany.He is very thankful for the support he has received here.Push him too far and i wouldn't be surprised to see him jump.Sure he could get rides in various countries and doesn't really need GB meetings

Not sure about the "ain't going to see much international action riding for Germany" statement :rofl:

• Like 1

Sounds like a Poole rider of the future. :D Took Ward a good few years to mature, as I recall. Then again he was a Poole rider Shovvy so he couldnt have possibly been a jumped up little s41t.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

This boy needs someone close to offer him some mature advice, his attitude is shocking..

• Like 2

None of us know the lad, his parents have done a great job done everything for him possible which we all try to do as parents also Robert seems like a level headed lad, Germany has treated him well and he feels a spout of loyalty towards them why not good luck to the lad.I am hoping he comes through,my answer to Robert is don't listen to much to what people say on this forum you have talent and you live and die by your own career choices good luck for the future.

Edited by sidney
  • Like 5

Disappointing, but not entirely unexpected. I certainly think someone should have a word with him about diplomacy though :)

Maybe he and his entourage aren't as sure of his talent as they like to portray . Going the German route could be seen by some as an easier route into the world championships. Either way he's not doing himself any favors considering he's hardly ridden over here except for eleventy billion laps of his home track.

As long as you have the real talent to back up the mouth, you can sometimes get away with appearing a bit of a cock. If not I'm afraid you just come across as a twunt.

For the poster who pointed out that he was just a schoolboy. Look at the other young British riders who don't have to resort to mouthing off.

• Like 4

Maybe he and his entourage aren't as sure of his talent as they like to portray . Going the German route could be seen by some as an easier route into the world championships. Either way he's not doing himself any favors considering he's hardly ridden over here except for eleventy billion laps of his home track.

As long as you have the real talent to back up the mouth, you can sometimes get away with appearing a bit of a cock. If not I'm afraid you just come across as a twunt.

For the poster who pointed out that he was just a schoolboy. Look at the other young British riders who don't have to resort to mouthing off.

Should you really be commenting? i think not.
  • Like 1

Don't quite agree with all of this.The easier route would have been to let him ride in GB against other 14 or 15 year olds.They chose to go the route where Robert was riding against the likes of current GP rider Smolinski or other international riders.And he didn't sink,but swam quite well.And if he goes into the world championships through GB or Germany makes no real difference.It is obvious GB would pick him.And either way he has to beat people to progress.If he doesn't,it makes no difference who he is representing

Why not. I'm a speedway fan. I know why you think I shouldn't but the rider you are alluding to was offered world championship rounds riding for another country but chose to move 1,000 miles to test himself in the uk.

Also he jumped at the chance of representing team GB and said so in the press.

So not the same really. My post was from a fans point if view. Nothing more.