British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Workington V Edinburgh (lc) 12/4/14 @ 7pm

Well, it's back to the drawing board again!! :D

E,boro easily the better team tonight showing up some shortcomings in the Comets, too many underperforming riders for us to have ever really stood a chance of winning?

Too often outgated but basically didn't have anything in the locker to overhaul an E,boro side whom could easily call on as many riders as they wished to turn up trumps when they needed them!! Worrall outstanding at reserve with fairly good support, at least at the beginning, from Sedgmen but Masters/Fricke proved to be the aces in the hole, some great points gathering from them, Cookie, too much expected from him but still delivered enough to suggest he'll be one of the PL's top men again?

As for the Comets, Josh, a little inconsistent tonight but produced some great rides, same with Rene, getting his form back but gating needs work!! ;) As for the rest, well, a pretty moderate effort really just didn't get going until we were too far under the pump and got shown tonight that that sort of form wont cut it against the best teams, getting a little concerned about Kyle just not scoring enough points, seemed too have the speed just not close enough to make it count, Campton looked good at times so, improving but Ash/Chris serious, didn't look good at all, they can/must do better if were to get something from this season, cant afford to carry anyone again, it has to happen?

Overall tho, some very good racing and it was good to see and, although we probably wont qualify for this tournament's final stages, the good thing is at least it will free up a couple of extra Saturday's for rain off's!! :D

Fantastic result for the Mighty Monarchs and one that I didn't expect even after such a comfortable (in the end) win last night. We've got riders that seem capable of winning every race with only Aaron still to get up to speed and Sam to get to grips with the Armadale bends.

Great start to the season, only have to keep this up to end October now!

Fantastic result for the Mighty Monarchs and one that I didn't expect even after such a comfortable (in the end) win last night. We've got riders that seem capable of winning every race with only Aaron still to get up to speed and Sam to get to grips with the Armadale bends.

Great start to the season, only have to keep this up to end October now!

think you will be champs this year,I know it's still early days so far

think you will be champs this year,I know it's still early days so far

Very good start, but a long way to go and as we all know you never can tell when injuries, loss of form, machine problems can strike..

• Like 1

Once Agent Wolbert is low enough he can come into team.

Looking to ditch Fox already then eh??

Really good to see Stevie Worrall bouncing back form a poor season last year.

Worrall is probably the reason why Edinburgh are making such a good start to their season.

He is scoring well in all three leagues, Edinburgh problem will come when the averages change and Worrall goes into the top five, Fox is very likely to go down to reserve, can they get him scoring to anywhere near the standard of where Worrall is now.

• Like 1

Worrall is probably the reason why Edinburgh are making such a good start to their season.He is scoring well in all three leagues, Edinburgh problem will come when the averages change and Worrall goes into the top five, Fox is very likely to go down to reserve, can they get him scoring to anywhere near the standard of where Worrall is now.

Of course Fox won't go to reserve....I'm sat waiting to see what move will be made to keep Stevie down at reserve though!!!

Great to see Steve banging in some good points everywhere,good luck to the lad

It will be a while before rolling averages kick in to move Steve from reserve I'd think.... Even if it did I'm sure tabaka will be waiting in the wings, or even Deek could drop down.... Got to hand it to the monarchs, they've built a very astute team this year.... Even seg e men is scoring some points :)

Said all along worky arnt as good as people thought... Carrying 3 reserves, wells is Nowt special and rene mostly plays catch up with his gating( when he's not jumping the start :)... A lot depends on howarth.... If he has a bad meeting then so will worky... He needs to kick on and cover the points campton mills and Morris won't get.

I believe :)

Why would you need him?

You can have him!

• Like 1

Incredible performance from Edinburgh last night.

Very difficult to single one rider out for praise but for me Sam Masters put in a tremendous performance. Some of his first turns were devastating and his team riding was a joy to watch.

Well, it's back to the drawing board again!! :D

E,boro easily the better team tonight showing up some shortcomings in the Comets, too many underperforming riders for us to have ever really stood a chance of winning?

Too often outgated but basically didn't have anything in the locker to overhaul an E,boro side whom could easily call on as many riders as they wished to turn up trumps when they needed them!! Worrall outstanding at reserve with fairly good support, at least at the beginning, from Sedgmen but Masters/Fricke proved to be the aces in the hole, some great points gathering from them, Cookie, too much expected from him but still delivered enough to suggest he'll be one of the PL's top men again?

As for the Comets, Josh, a little inconsistent tonight but produced some great rides, same with Rene, getting his form back but gating needs work!! ;) As for the rest, well, a pretty moderate effort really just didn't get going until we were too far under the pump and got shown tonight that that sort of form wont cut it against the best teams, getting a little concerned about Kyle just not scoring enough points, seemed too have the speed just not close enough to make it count, Campton looked good at times so, improving but Ash/Chris serious, didn't look good at all, they can/must do better if were to get something from this season, cant afford to carry anyone again, it has to happen?

Overall tho, some very good racing and it was good to see and, although we probably wont qualify for this tournament's final stages, the good thing is at least it will free up a couple of extra Saturday's for rain off's!! :D

Morris is very overrated IMO.Good NL that's about it over the last couple of years .Wont ever get out of a reserve position in PL.
  • Like 2

Looking to ditch Fox already then eh??

Nope Foxy is coming on fine, it was just a wee comment for Paulco ;)

Edited by Dekker

Was Cook's heat 15 placing a result of the tumble?

He had been clattered by Masters in the original heat 15, took a while to be cleared to race by paramedics. Then he got out gated and settled for third as we had the 7 point lead.

I would also expect Justin to step up from reserve, so it could be a Deek/Fox pairing, which looks nowhere near as good as Justin/Stevie. It's a bit of a worry, I would think a decision would have to be made on Fox within the next month. I really hope he turns it round, has shown some promise but hasn't really had a good four laps at home.

morris at times looks like hes about to make a step up but instead of making that next step drops back a little which as a spectator is frustrating

reserves cant be kept year after year if they dont improve not looking to drop ash but he must start to be more regular in the points even if hes not moving out of reserve berth

Nope Foxy is coming on fine, it was just a wee comment for Paulco ;)

he was more on the pace as the meeting went on at workington its just a pitty the workington riders were not