British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

Are Any Of These A Record?

I attended the Newcastle/Scunthorpe Meeting this evening. I have never seen a Meeting with so much incident.

15 Heats of Racing featuring ELEVEN re-starts.

2 x 5-0 in one Meeting.

2 x Awarded Races.

I can't remember seeing anything like that before. Are any of the above a Record.

AND:

That is without mentioning handbags between Auty and Rose, Jorgensen stupidly parking his Bike in the middle of the Track causing danger to the other participants in the Race.

I thought the Referee was inconsistent too - in one case he allowed all three (3) Riders back in the Race when one Rider, Douglas seemed to put the Bike down himself at the First Bend when in Third place.

An altogether interesting and exciting Meeting - but - it must have been one of the coldest Meetings I have ever attended.

• Like 1

I attended the Newcastle/Scunthorpe Meeting this evening. I have never seen a Meeting with so much incident.

2 x 5-0 in one Meeting.

2 x Awarded Races.

I can't remember seeing anything like that before. Are any of the above a Record.

AND:

That is without mentioning handbags between Auty and Rose, Jorgensen stupidly parking his Bike in the middle of the Track causing danger to the other participants in the Race.

I thought the Referee was inconsistent too - in one case he allowed all three (3) Riders back in the Race when one Rider, Douglas seemed to put the Bike down himself at the First Bend when in Third place.

An altogether interesting and exciting Meeting - but - it must have been one of the coldest Meetings I have ever attended.

Even brass monkeys were talking squeaky.

• Like 1

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that no, none of those are a record...

Do I win anything if I am right :D

From memory ...........most Dudley Wolves Trophy meetings would have been right up there especially 1989 when we lost and Jan O ended up in hospital with Erik going on the tannoy to calm both the riders and fans down and then telling the Heathens to get on wiith it!!

We lost by 1 point on aggregate and I'm still not sure how!

2 x 5-0 in one Meeting.

2 x Awarded Races.

AND:

Is not usually what happens at Newcastle.

i have copies of Rubber Soul, Sgt Pepper and Abbey Rd

are any of these records?

• Like 2

is it a record that, at Newcastle we have a man that has been going around, masquerading as a number 1 for 10 matches thus far this season, and is still to be rumbled ??? :-P

is it a record that, at Newcastle we have a man that has been going around, masquerading as a number 1 for 10 matches thus far this season, and is still to be rumbled ??? :-P

No - we've been having this for three years :sad:

• Like 2

The infamous 2005 National League Pairs at Wimbledon took over 4 hours to compete. I dread to think how many re-runs that meeting contained.

All the best

Rob