British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Wolves V Belle Vue 22/4/14

Good draw for the Aces - glad they got the 5-1 in the last. Excellent first bend by Scotty.

Glad Zagar had some race wins - I always like his interviews with Charlie. Good racing in most heats which meant it was definitely more interesting than the borefest in Madrid.

Yeah, let's not interview the World Champion, the guy who the sport should be using to build upon as much as possible. Good call.

keep your hair on, I didn't say don't interview the World Champion, I was talking about Sky's interviews in general just happened to mentioon Tai as the match tonight is Wolves v Belle Vue, could be anyone just not the same rider everytime, there are other riders in the team

Edited by springdale

Does this mean Im allowed to stay?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 3

Congrats BV but how did you not get all 3? :o

3rd heat leaders struggling as predicted by many. Proctor, Cook, Schlein, etc.

Cook is Belle Vue No2, Nicholls is their third heat leader

Excellent meeting.nWell done to BV on the point, fully deserved. Woofy looking woeful. Not great with a GP on Saturday. Hope he does better there.

Pay attention, Mr Shoveller, it was a draw, so the Aces took TWO points

• Like 5

Cook is Belle Vue No2, Nicholls is their third heat leader

On the numbers Speedy you're right, my mistake. Not convinced by Cookie yet. Could he be a flat pitch (Armadale) bully? Hope not.

On the SGB website under "basic rules" it says Tacticals are not permitted after heat 12,pearson kept on saying after heat 11!!! can anyone confirm which is correct? thanks

It's changed to Heat 11 now.

With regards to Woffinden, it was reported from the pre-season talk in that he is using the 'same equipment' as last year.

IF that is true, I can see why he is struggling. I've never known a top rider use the same engines the following year? Certainly rare.

2 points fella, 2 points

Indeed, was thinking in football terms!

On the numbers Speedy you're right, my mistake. Not convinced by Cookie yet. Could he be a flat pitch (Armadale) bully? Hope not.

Have to agree regarding Cook a PL superstar will be his limit,Gets Outgated in EL and cant pass decent riders.

It's changed to Heat 11 now.

With regards to Woffinden, it was reported from the pre-season talk in that he is using the 'same equipment' as last year.

IF that is true, I can see why he is struggling. I've never known a top rider use the same engines the following year? Certainly rare.

Very rare indeed. Thought it was harsh of Ms Webster to tell Woffy that his manager thinks his equipment wasn't up to scratch :lol: She's a little grass isn't she :lol:

Have to agree regarding Cook a PL superstar will be his limit,Gets Outgated in EL and cant pass decent riders.

I think he can get better but not while he is earning easy money in the PL and not testing himself abroad. Needs to be racing against top riders three or for times a week.

• Like 2

Cracking meeting. Really enjoyed it and some of the best racing was between the NL guys which shows the new format can work. I had serious doubts but fair play it seems to be working very well so far.

Cook and Worrall had off nights but give them a chance. The new format means Cook has tougher races but if he is good enough he'll adapt and it will make him a better rider.

• Like 4

That's right, let's put the lad down after a handful of meetings. Can't understand why Belle Vue persevere with him....

• Like 1

That's right, let's put the lad down after a handful of meetings. Can't understand why Belle Vue persevere with him....

Hardly a handful of meetings ,he rode in the EL all last season.Time will tell though.Nothing against him just my opinion on what I have seen happy to be proved wrong.It is a Forum
  • Like 1