British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars V Leicester Lions 30/04/14

Wolves had Harris for Pawlicki at Leicster is that the same

of course!

Maybe we could bring in MJJ as a short term replacement :wink:

MJJ has a different mentality to Niels and Kenneth, It's not about the £££... It's about respect and loyalty.

MJJ has a different mentality to Niels and Kenneth, It's not about the £££... It's about respect and loyalty.

you can lead a Horse to water.........who says you cant make him drink ? :rofl:

• Like 2

O M G where do you dig this rubbish up from

Team Lewis looks V strong. Thought Kerr was unlucky at P'borough and to think that Rose has only been riding two years is amazing! Definitely one to watch.

Pretty sure Rose only started last year,and it is Kerr that has been riding only 2 years.

Fair point, but I'd still expect him to leave Bjerre enough room to get round if he's brave enough, hed got alongside Doyle at the end of the home straight. I dont mind hard riding but personally not a fan of the Nikki Pedersen-style of nipping people right up so they have no choice but to bail out.

sounds similar to the Iversen/proctor situation at Monmore when a lot of Lynn fans took the opposite view.

Pretty sure Rose only started last year,and it is Kerr that has been riding only 2 years.

This is exactly why the draft system works so well and Inam totally behind it. Riders like Rose wouldn't have got a sniff of this experience under normal circumstances but he he is doing very well, and also impressing on Sky.

I just hope the promoters stick with it and bring the PL on board, who are currently letting the idea down.

• Like 3

I know the rules around instant RR changed but i couldn't remember if they allowed guests for all the 1-5. Makes more sense if its allowed.

a big clue to the R/R rule was Leicester's use of 2 guests last night in Ryan Fisher & Sam Masters & no R/R :lol:

FFS I hate to say it....But Shovvy I agree with you !!! ( Dark room and sofa needed) The New draft has already thrown up a few surprises. Greenwood Looked good the other night. Rose, Jacobs, Morris, Blackbird and a few others I am sure can be thrown into the mix. Ok it wont work for all, but as long as we get some kind of production line going it has to be a win win situation. There of course a few teething troubles that need sorting, going forward, but then again did anyone really think there wouldnt be ? For me, its a massive step in the right direction, and deserves all the support the fans can give it.

• Like 4

This is exactly why the draft system works so well and Inam totally behind it. Riders like Rose wouldn't have got a sniff of this experience under normal circumstances but he he is doing very well, and also impressing on Sky.

Hells Bells can't believe that I not only like what Mr Shovlar has written :approve: but like it enough to quote it :D

Lewis Rose started league riding in June 2012 and Lewis Kerr started in June 2010. All details are available on that wonderful website speedwayresults.com which holds rider records back to 2009.

I thought that Pearson mentioned it on the sky P'brough match, thought he said he changed over from motor cross two years ago. If what you say is right, then it's even more impressive, for both of them! Well done Team Lewis.

And just as I posted that, there's some info in the post above.

Thanks GC.

edit for additional info

Edited by nobblytriers

sounds similar to the Iversen/proctor situation at Monmore when a lot of Lynn fans took the opposite view.

Having witnessed both instances there was nothing similar about them at all. . In the Iversen/Proctor clash, Niels had taken Proctor, and had his eyes set on Pawlicki, Niels takes the inside line into turn 3, with Proctor behind. Coming out of turn 4, Niels go out wide to find more grip, chasing the leader. It is unfortunate Proctor came to grief, he came off in a slow gradual decent, having choose to lay it down, but it was his choice. Niels wasn't aware of where Proctor was, and there was never any contact. Kenneth never had no choice...

Last night was completely different. On entering their third lap, Doyle and Kenneth were neck and neck, both having had their head in front at times. As they approach the 1st bend. Doyle on the inside, knew Kenneth was on the favoured outside run, so instead of taking the/his normal run into the corner, Doyle pushes Kenneth wide, leaving him no where to go. Kenneth shuts off, catches the dirt and is thrown onto the track, not the fence, head and shoulder first. It looked ominous from the start seeing the body bounce.

I'm not saying that Doyle should've been excluded, to me it was hard riding. Unfortunate for Kenneth, but seeing some of the accidents at speedway, this has become the norm. It annoyed me at the time when Niels was excluded, that wasn't his doing, it still does, but that the problem we get when Referees sees thing differently. Last night I thought the Ref got it right......

News about Kenneth.. See - http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/3282/bjerres-collarbone-blow

I for one don't like the aggresive way of riding these days with riders being pushed into the fence. It is very bad manners and not the sort of thing you want to see in the sport. How long before someone, gets killed from these manovers.

On another point, again it was the Lions, reserve pairng that lost them points again. The management must help them along with the riders to help them to up thier game. That is if they can be helped.

There is no way the Lions are going to claim any points in the league with the pair claiming less than 5 points between them on a race night. Come on lads the fans and the management will only keep with you for so long.

How come we ended up with them is beyond me, but I think that they where being helped before by Norrie Allen. He honestly thought that they had things to offer. Which has proved to be quite wrong so far.