British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

It Is Time To Get Shot Of Mr Watt!

What a load of b0ll0cks. Keyboard commandos who clearly have no idea, especially surprised at El Addio who up to now I thought was quite a sensible poster.

• Like 3

Davey Watt can be a great rider to watch when on form but he does have Kasprzak type tendencies as well!

Poor blokes knackered after flying all over Europe with 2 rain-offs and no money!!

• Like 1

Leigh Adams once rode 22 meetings in 23 days , scoring well in them all.

Ah but Leigh was a robot racing in his armchair lol
  • Like 1

Sorry Dave but you have been a good servant for the Hammers but it is time to move on. His scores wont improve away from home so come on Cookie and Duggo sign Sundstrom and get him in the side for the tv match vs Kings Lynn on Monday.

Sorry mush, but i really do think your being a little harsh there. Where you've calmed down and seen the light of day you may like to re-concider you post. Davey just had a mare at Poole, which is very much un-like him. And if you travel half way round Europe and ride like he did at the weekend which was the best i'd seen him ride for a fair old time, i think you'd be slightly tired as well..

• Like 1

Sorry mush, but i really do think your being a little harsh there. Where you've calmed down and seen the light of day you may like to re-concider you post. Davey just had a mare at Poole, which is very much un-like him. And if you travel half way round Europe and ride like he did at the weekend which was the best i'd seen him ride for a fair old time, i think you'd be slightly tired as well..

if a club is good enough to give a rider a contract/employment i think i would expect a top performance EVERY week. if you cant do the travelling, dont sign the contract.

• Like 6

A Lot of post's about Davey but no mention of Mikkel. Has the dreaded heat leader position caught up?

Or is it Just that Heat leader scores are problematic across the board in this current format !

I think both Bjarne & Davey will have their reputations tarnished for how they've rode against Poole which is a shame as both have been loyal servants to british speedway but their just ain't no co-incidence with it.

Is anyone really surprised that Watt performs poor against Poole? Its about as blatant as you can get.

I cannot believe some are using the `poor thing must be tired` tag. Really?????

Professional rider that does this for a living shock.

What a load of b0ll0cks. Keyboard commandos who clearly have no idea, especially surprised at El Addio who up to now I thought was quite a sensible poster.

If any 2nd heat leader in the country on a nearly 8 point average scored 2 points on a track he had ridden for years there would be questions asked.

We know that Peter Karlsson is having trouble getting his bikes sorted and KelvinTatum has been in the Lakeside pits with him so there is at least a reason and attempts are being made to get it sorted. As far as Davey is concerned this is not the first time he has not fired against Poole with no explanation given so fans are entitled to ask if there is something more than mere co-incidence.

FWIW I don't go along with all this rubbish people post about him giving up just because he is at the back. We have seen him come through the field in quite specular fashion at times, but when a rider is a decent gater on good form, able to come through from the back, and then he suddenly has a match where he just drops further behind, who wouldn't ask what he is doing? Bottom line is he let the club down. It's not unreasonable to expect a rider of his calibre to score 5or6points. If he had done that Lakeside would have got something out of the match.

• Like 1

Poor blokes knackered after flying all over Europe with 2 rain-offs and no money!!

Dont worry think hes guesting for K Lynn at Birmingham thursday night, riding at number 1 instead of NKI!!!

Edited by speedwaysliders

If I was in charge I would have to let him go, most of the time he tries his best and does a good job but he just can no longer be trusted to perform when it might go against his parent club and it would be such a shame to get to the play off only to lose because one rider has a hidden agenda even if it's only on a subconscious level.

Saturday Germany (fenced by Pedersen), Sunday Poland, Monday BV, Tuesday Sweden, Wednesday Poole.

That's why he scored badly, the man is knackered.

i agree, just like NKI who scored 15 last night.... ;)

• Like 1

Doesn't anyone remember the season Watt rode for Eastbourne when... over the last few weeks of the season... scores of 0, 1 or 2 were commonplace... and his average plummeted to such an extent that he was just able to be fitted in to the following seasons Poole team...

Just a coincidence...?

I dont think so...

Edited by FromRebelToEagle
  • Like 1

If Watt can't be ar*ed he won't try at all.. I Remember when he rode for Newcastle he never tried at meetings at Stoke and Exeter (maybe scored 1 point in total if he was lucky) We lost both meetings by few points and ended up losing the league on points difference... Bitter ..... Too right I am, would never have him my team

I think both Bjarne & Davey will have their reputations tarnished for how they've rode against Poole which is a shame as both have been loyal servants to british speedway but their just ain't no co-incidence with it.

TBF to Davey he doesnt have a bad record against Poole. He's just a rider who when he's not in the mood doesn't give a rubbish and score sod all - regardless of opposition. He's no Bjarne, who just doesn't give a toss against Poole.