British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Swindon Mon 2nd June

Agreed, you wouldn't get a footie match abandoned on 75mins with the result standing, with fewer and fewer fixtures these days, I'm sure abandoned matches could be fitted in.

do fans still have to pay a portion of entrance fee for the rescheduled match???.... Yet if we only get 10 heats fans arnt compensated??...is this the case?

I live in between Birmingham and Wolverhampton and it's been a lovely evening .no rain at all.weird eh typical for speedway

• Like 1

With dodgy weather on its way they should have been cracking on with the meeting instead of faffing about in the early part of the meeting , if they had done that then I'm sure that the meeting would easily have reached Ht 10 or even beyond it , once again the paying public are taken for mugs and they wonder why crowds are down .

• Like 4

That was a terrible decision to exclude Barker, Morris should have gone there

Birmingham looking good tonight

Jim Lawrence needs a trip to specsavers for that one, ridiculous decision to exclude Barker.

Frustrated that the weathers denied us 3 points really, but not sure what else the ref could have done.

Dave Robinson was the referee, not Jim Lawrence. Maybe you should accompany them both down there? :D

Oooopss, to be fair Jim was the only official I saw or seemed to be mentioned, still shocking decision mind.

• Like 1

Maybe there should be some kind of Duckworth Lewis type system, whereby Birmingham for example when this is rerun should get credit for being in front when it was rained off. The rain isn't the fault of either side and if this was brought in perhaps abandonments would be slightly less controversial. It couldn't be any more complicated than DL and it would give Pearson & Tatum something to talk about.

Maybe we could have the Pearson-Tatum system. The first side to work out the most stupid comment of the evening get all the points.

You did, he did indeed. Plonker Pearson strikes again.. :icon_smile_clown:

Why don't some get off the blokes back. Yes he gets a bit excited, that shows the guys passion for the sport, always supports the Brits. Does more to promote and market Speedway than most promotors. Others have tried but Smashy and Nicey still the best double act.

The sport could do with a lot more like Pearson right now.

• Like 3

The rain band is no wider than a County! And it was forecast to move in this evening from the West, in an easterly transit. Unfortunately the day was a little bit sunnier and therefore warmer than forecast, this had the affect of forcing the rainband to mature quicker and heavier, also the rainband turned slightly north so was no longer going from wet to east, it started tracking north and the places under it, when it turned north were unfortunately, Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Manchester!!! Not had a drop 10 miles east of these locations ish....

If you check met office actual hi res rainfall radar you will see it's a finger of rain bearing cloud, now heading north, north east..

Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Belle Vie are very unlucky tonight.

The forecast is also not brilliant for Weds, Thurs, Friday or Saturday for Speedway in the UK, heavy rain/showers blowing in from the Atlantic, but towards the end if the week, possibly a weakish plume threatens from France/Belgium that could turn largely the Midlands and south of,quite humid and thundery.....

Went to see Bartosz Zmarzlik's debut hopeful of a good meeting but came away feeling robbed, for two reasons.

Firstly because of Rosco's prevarocations which took up the time that another couple of races could have been held in, which would have given us a result. Do I blame Rosco for it? Yes and no...Yes because the fans were cheated, and no, because he was doing what he gets paid to do, which is to look after himself and his team...ONLY.

And secondly, robbed of justice with that awful refereeing decision. Do I blame the referee for that - without a doubt.

Glad that Bartosz showed his potential. I just hope he can do a good job for the rest of his meetings for us. I think he will enjoy his time at Kings Lynn on Thursday. Just a shame that there will only be 4 or 5 more races that we will see him for at Perry Barr before his contract expires (weather permitting).

Absolutely hacked off at the minute, its a joke in my opinion that the didn't push this through and instead faffed around. The weather at 6 was great but I looked on the met office radar at about 18.30 and you could see there was a band of rain to the west not far from Wolverhampton. Look for yourselves, at 18.30/7

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

If Mr Robinson had seen that, then he would have been on to sky and the teams to try and push it through. No doubt about it

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 1

Went to see Bartosz Zmarzlik's debut hopeful of a good meeting but came away feeling robbed, for two reasons.

Firstly because of Rosco's prevarocations which took up the time that another couple of races could have been held in, which would have given us a result. Do I blame Rosco for it? Yes and no...Yes because the fans were cheated, and no, because he was doing what he gets paid to do, which is to look after himself and his team...ONLY.

And secondly, robbed of justice with that awful refereeing decision. Do I blame the referee for that - without a doubt.

Glad that Bartosz showed his potential. I just hope he can do a good job for the rest of his meetings for us. I think he will enjoy his time at Kings Lynn on Thursday. Just a shame that there will only be 4 or 5 more races that we will see him for at Perry Barr before his contract expires (weather permitting).

You seem to forget that a speedway meet is 15 heats - if you don't get that, then surely it is then that you have been robbed..

I really don't understand this mad rush to get to heat 10 philosophy.

Just adopt a rule that no result can stand if a meeting is abandoned where that result could still change.

It's plain common sense to me.

• Like 3

Absolutely hacked off at the minute, its a joke in my opinion that the didn't push this through and instead faffed around. The weather at 6 was great but I looked on the met office radar at about 18.30 and you could see there was a band of rain to the west not far from Wolverhampton. Look for yourselves, at 18.30/7

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

If Mr Robinson had seen that, then he would have been on to sky and the teams to try and push it through. No doubt about it

Judging by Mr Robinsons decision to exclude Barker, if he'd seen that radar he'd probably put his shorts on and leave the washing out.

• Like 3

You seem to forget that a speedway meet is 15 heats - if you don't get that, then surely it is then that you have been robbed..

Apparently rider safety is secondary to getting a result in the eyes of some fans - as has been shown a number of times over the last month! :rolleyes: