British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Rye House Ko Cup 2nd Leg Sun June 16th At 5pm

Didn't think you could use a guest for an assessed average rider.

How do work that one out when they have been using a guest for Berge since he got injured

Glasgow Tigers = 53 (93)

1. Kevin Wolbert - 3, 3, R, 3, 3 = 12
2. Christian Henry - 2', 1, 3, 1 = 7+1
3. Anders Thomsen - 1', 1', 0, 3 = 5+2
4. Theo Pijper - 2, 2, 3, 3 = 10
5. Rusty Harrison - 3, 3, 3, 1, 1 = 11
6. Tom Perry (Guest) - 3, 1, 1, 0 = 5
7. Michael Palm Toft (Guest) - 1, 1, 1, 0 = 3

Rye House = 37 (87)

1. Edward Kennett - 1, 3, 2, 2, 0 = 8
2. Ben Hopwood (Guest) - 0, 0, 0 = 0
3. Luke Bowen - 0, 0, 2', 1' = 3+2
4. Steve Boxall - 3, 2, 3, 1', 2 = 11+1
5. Jason Garrity - 2, 2, 1', 0 = 5+1
6. Jason Bunyan - 2, 0, 2, 2, 2, 2 = 10
7. Danny Phillips (Guest) - 0, 0, 0 = 0

Read more: http://www.speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/13484/glasgow-rye-house-plkoc-5pm#ixzz34jTg5geq

I think its that a rider with an assessed average cannot be a guest.

How do work that one out when they have been using a guest for Berge since he got injured

Clearly I`m very slow at the understanding stakes. :oops:

Fair play to you, that's a pig of a journey. Did it for a rain off a couple of years ago. Always a good idea to visit these tracks that always seem to be on the verge of closing. The journey over to the back straight is always a challenge over the crumbling concrete terracing. Nice spicy curry sauce in the Italian chippy opposite, or an Indian chicken kebab from the other shop a few doors away.

Cheers Shadders, was standing on the back-streight T2, great viewing. So close to the action. Wow - couldn't handle a rain-off, so far away, that's soul destroying. Got to admire you still visiting Somerset after the predictable hammerings we get there

Can't believe it went to a last heat decider...

Can we claim the wooden spoon yet!

City Rebel, I may be daft, but I ain't stupid!

Not surprised and only mildly disappointed. Season is over in early June. If Silver mentions a surge for the play offs in gonna scream!!

Massive gamble on this team has failed big time, now watch crowd levels plummet.

Edited by Shadders

Well done Glasgow pleased for all you diehards

• Like 5

City Rebel, I may be daft, but I ain't stupid!

Not surprised and only mildly disappointed. Season is over in early June. If Silver mentions a surge for the play offs in gonna scream!!

Massive gamble on this team has failed big time, now watch crowd levels plummet.

You disagreed with my opinion on Bowen, so which riders would you drop ?

You disagreed with my opinion on Bowen, so which riders would you drop ?

Doesn't matter if I disagree or not. It ain't gonna happen, especially in his testimonial year.

Quite an enjoyable afternoon . Wolbert at last looked like a proper number 1 today , unlucky when he shed a chain challenging Boxall during heat 10 , but was superb in his 4 race wins .

Great back up from Rusty and Theo . Mediocre meeting from Anders , but he still produced a vital win in heat 12 when needed . Christian was steady and i was impressed by Tom Perry . Good gater and not off the pace in any of his races .

Boxall was the best of the Rockets , Kennett and Bunyan worked hard for their points , Garrity was average and the other three were poor .

Nice to win a cup tie for a change , gets much harder now though

• Like 1

Good crowd today, 5pm starts are much better. Rye took it to last heat, a couple of points from Bowen in his opening rides could have changed the result. Anders T is typically inconsistent, lifted at the start in his first two. Hopefully this is the kickstart Wolbert needs to get going. Much tougher next week with Ipswich off the back of away trips to Somerset and another at Rye.

Good crowd today, 5pm starts are much better. Rye took it to last heat, a couple of points from Bowen in his opening rides could have changed the result. Anders T is typically inconsistent, lifted at the start in his first two. Hopefully this is the kickstart Wolbert needs to get going. Much tougher next week with Ipswich off the back of away trips to Somerset and another at Rye.

Ipswich are racing Friday and Saturday too , but only need to come up from Workington . A 5 o clock start time next weekend would make sense too , if Ipswich agree , but you can understand if they don't .

Don't know were we found our gating today as it has been absent all season for most but just as well we did as there was little in the way off passing as most heats were FTG but the closeness off the outcome made it enjoyable .

After the stop start to the season so far was relieved to see a rain free zone today and a good team performance as well.

• Like 1

Not to bad a meeting and as said before not much passing all meeting but riders all close. Why was the track so dry and dusty? There wasnt any rain forecast was there?

Not to bad a meeting and as said before not much passing all meeting but riders all close. Why was the track so dry and dusty? There wasnt any rain forecast was there?

It was dry and dusty the opening four heats , once the watering started it wasn't too bad
  • Like 1