British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Kings Lynn Stars 23/7/2014

Wednesday brings the second visit of the season of the Kings Lynn Stars to Wimborne Road. Kings Lynn were victorious on the last visit mainly due to thier big scoring reseve Lewis Kerr.

The Pirates need to bounce back from Saturday's defeat at Arlington where one or two riders were well below thier best.

This will be a tough encounter however, recentley both Swindon And Eastbourne have taken points off the Stars so they are not invincible.

The concern for Poole is the drop in form of Pawlicki he was trying hard on Saturday but over riding caused him to fall off twice.

Magic started well at Arlington but faded and Darcy had a fall. Josh was unlucky with his exclussion but he is dialled in a round Wimborne Road so hopefully will score more points.

Brendon Johnson needs to score some points on Wednesday but will be up against Kerr and Rose.

The plus is the form of kyle Newman who had a great win over Lewis Blackbird at Arlington.

A big team effort is required if we are to defeat the Stars and claim all 3 league points.

Thoughts?

At least it should be 2 full teams - subject to any other fixtures before Wednesday!!!!

Its clearly going to be a close one and with this hot weather set to continue, the track team will have a much harder job than usual in preparing a well-watered track.

I don't think either team will get far enough behind to use a T/R so I reckon 46-44!!

If both teams are at full strength and the track is up to scratch then it has all the makings of being a great meeting. Heat leaders on par, Lynn having the better of the Reserves with Poole gaining in the 2nd string department. Win, Lose or draw, lets hope its a good un for the fans.

Edited by semion

Could this be a 'Play-off' rehearsal, If so are the teams going to show all their hands. Will this have a bearing on the league., and who will be eventual champions.

So many questions but I don't think there will be many answers from this meeting. Two cracking sides that should serve up a feast of close racing. Hoping the track is up to scratch, when the result could then go either way.

What, to me, is so pleasing, is that now we can go to places like Wimbourn Road and be competitive. Gone are the days, when we were just cannon fodder ...

Let's hope the track has been bladed and is billiard table smooth, what's the chances? :o

Yeh, with no holes in the corners!

• Like 1

Been a long time since Poole had a decent track with no holes & dirt in it,

That said that goes for most of the Elite League tracks now.

Shame Matt Ford doesn't give his track the same effort that he does other areas of his promotion!!!!

• Like 1

Could this be a 'Play-off' rehearsal, If so are the teams going to show all their hands. Will this have a bearing on the league., and who will be eventual champions.

So many questions but I don't think there will be many answers from this meeting. Two cracking sides that should serve up a feast of close racing. Hoping the track is up to scratch, when the result could then go either way.

What, to me, is so pleasing, is that now we can go to places like Wimbourn Road and be competitive. Gone are the days, when we were just cannon fodder ...

Play-off rehearsal??..........Poole won't even be in the play offs.......Coventry and Swindon will both be ahead of them soon!!!
  • Like 1

Could do with a result here to get us out of the mini slump we find ourselves in. I fear though the score will be 40-50 to the forces of evil.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

I'd look at switching the team around a bit for this one

I'd have Bjerre at 3 so his night is done by heat 10 and Schlein at 5

Switch Lambert and Porsing around which gives Lambert 2 rides with Rose and Porsing 2 rides with Kerr. Porsing has the better experience to go in to heat 5 cold against the home 1-5 too

See Pawlicki's still on form in Sweden tonight....3+2!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the team we have we should get all 3 points but that means pawlixki has to ride alot better than he has been recently good to have milik back he could be the difference

Shame Matt Ford doesn't give his track the same effort that he does other areas of his promotion!!!!

I heard a rumour that he had hired Bob Dugard for the day to prepare the track for him.

At least it should be 2 full teams - subject to any other fixtures before Wednesday!!!!

Its clearly going to be a close one and with this hot weather set to continue, the track team will have a much harder job than usual in preparing a well-watered track.

I don't think either team will get far enough behind to use a T/R so I reckon 46-44!!

Sorry when have they produced a well watered track this year every time its been warm its like a bloody dust bowl, keep taking the drugs skidder

Edited by broadsider 55