British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Who Will Make The Playoffs ?

Newcastle only have 2 matches left, Peterborough at home and Edinburgh away, so the maximum they will probably get is the 3 home points off the Panthers, as I can't see us getting anything (except a hammering!) at Edinburgh.

Depends, you're part of a double header. Think I'd like to get Newcastle out of the way first as the potentially tougher meeting than Redcar.

Depends, you're part of a double header. Think I'd like to get Newcastle out of the way first as the potentially tougher meeting than Redcar.

Newcastle are on second as Havelock would only do the double header if they were on first as he wants to get home earlier.

Edited by Mr Blobby

depends who the fixture was agreed with first. then again, havvy is the poor mans middleditch.in e.

depends who the fixture was agreed with first. then again, havvy is the poor mans middleditch.in e.

Not necessarily. We were due at Berwick last week, when they changed it to a Double Header with Rye House and they put Rye on first and the Diamonds had to go second.

Nailed on:

Somerset

Ipswich

Edinburgh

Berwick

Almost certs

Scunthorpe

Final place between:

Workington

Peterborough

* it will largely be decided by who can pick up most points away

* both will easily finish above Newcastle's & Redcar's final totals

Fall just short:

Newcastle - max. poss total is 40 (probably end up with only 35)

Redcar - max. poss total is 36 (probably end up with only 32)

Also-rans:

Glasgow

Plymouth

Rye House

Sheffield

Obviously depending on prior results, the Peterboro v Comets match Sept 9th could go a fair way to deciding whom gets that sixth spot? Comets have five away matches in just over a week starting on Thurs at Sheffield, desperately need to get points from some of them to put the pressure on!! :o

Two home double headers in between would yield a max of 12pts before cut off time and one of those matches is Somerset so away pts are vital, trouble is there isn't an easy match in them?

Edited by Lord Lucan

And who says the play-offs (and getting to them) isn't fun?

Me.

You did ask. ;):) :)

The current rolling averages are rubbish. What a rider was doing last August has no bearing on a rider's current form.

Rolling averages should only take into account 16 matches (last 8 home, last 8 away). That would give some actual indication how a rider is performing.

All the best

Rob

I am not a favourite of the rolling averages as they are based on too many matches over last, or previous year if injured & not ridden, but I do agree, if used, to shorten the amount to 22 so they can't be manipulated or abused.

Also, rolling averages are used to determine who competes in the Pairs & Fours & this is, also, a pet hate, as it should be current averages for their current club they are representing.

I also hate t/r & would prefer to bring back t/s in 2015.

I like the old plus/minus points calculation for judging where teams are relative to one another.

with that in mind top 4 are in Scunny at +7 will make it then it gets complicated. worky at 0 are ahead of pete who are -3, assuming all fixtures get sorted, and raced then the Comets are slight favs, but if they drop any against the rebels and choose not to race Edinburgh then Pete will be in depending away results

However this year some fixtures will be lost before the cut off thus it`s possible we may get champions who did make the top 6 at cut off but who would not have if all fixtures completed.

Only in speedway Huh???!!

Why they decided that you should race some Teams twice has messed it up IMO it gives false sense to the positions if all teams don't complete fixtures.still that was the rule at the beginning of the season.Only in Speedway once again!!!!

• Like 1

It really is time to bin the League Cup , takes up valuable race days at the start of the season and now we have the ridiculous situation of clubs racing weekly double headers .

• Like 1

We really have been lucky in sunny Suffolk - all fixtures comfortably completed including having been part of the larger LC group and in KOCup semi.

Also had blank dates in June and in August with no meeting!!

Do agree that the extra fixtures are silly and should be dropped as much because it just doesnt make sense to have an uneven fixture list as the potential for congestion.