British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Who Will Make The Playoffs ?

Those who run Speedway should realise it is a SUMMER Sport when they bring in all of these unnecessary extra Fixtures.

But it was August that was the complete washout :shock:;)

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

I think you'll find it was during the SUMMER that most of the RAIN caused all the POSTPONEMENTS.

Think you are missing the point IMO
  • Like 1

Think you are missing the point IMO

Don't think he is actually. Posters are bemoan playing all these meetings approaching the winter, but it was the summer rain that caused the problem in the first case. If the meetings were reduced or programmed earlier, they would still have been rained off despite people calling it SUMMER.

Don't think he is actually. Posters are bemoan playing all these meetings approaching the winter, but it was the summer rain that caused the problem in the first case. If the meetings were reduced or programmed earlier, they would still have been rained off despite people calling it SUMMER.

No problem but I see it as too many fixtures to full fill in a summer season.you could run into Sept if you had a bad summer.(it's officially autumn now)I think all speedway should be finished by the end of Sept at the latest.I realised that RAiN is the biggest problem nowadays where as In the past we held meetings in wet conditions which probably helped.Nobody want to stand about cold October nights.
  • Like 1

or get a bye to the final in the group stages of the play offs like scunny did :)

The way we are going AF I dont think I would fancy that either!! ;)

What else should they have called it?

After Workington collected maximum points from their two meetings last night the play-off places are just about cut and dried IMO, Newcastle have clung onto 6th place for a while now, for them to get back in they will need to take maximum points from tonight's meeting with Peterborough, and then get a four point win at Edinburgh next weekend which is unlikely, even if they do Workington still have meetings where they will get points starting with a trip to Glasgow today.

Exactly , you are just as liable to have your meeting rained off in July or August as you are in March or October with our unpredictable weather . Double headers are a last resort for promoters , but sometimes it just cant be helped .

Hope both lads hurt last night make a full and speedy recovery , it's a cruel sport at times .

Must admit I think the top six is pretty much decided now unless there is a monumental amount of rain offs in the next week or so .

With Edinburgh and Somerset almost nailed on as the top 2 ( order yet to be finalised ) who's gonna pick who though in the final shakeup , that's the question we should be asking now ?

Are any of Scunthorpe , Workington , Berwick and Ipswich easy meat in the playoffs or will the pickers want to avoid any of them like the plague ?

I don't know too much about the Northern teams likes or dislikes of the others tracks ( im sure someone will advise ) but from a southern point of view Somerset and Ipswich both seem to hate each others track with a passion , so im not sure the Witches will be on the Rebels wanted list !

Any further thoughts ?

Must admit I think the top six is pretty much decided now unless there is a monumental amount of rain offs in the next week or so .

With Edinburgh and Somerset almost nailed on as the top 2 ( order yet to be finalised ) who's gonna pick who though in the final shakeup , that's the question we should be asking now ?

Are any of Scunthorpe , Workington , Berwick and Ipswich easy meat in the playoffs or will the pickers want to avoid any of them like the plague ?

I don't know too much about the Northern teams likes or dislikes of the others tracks ( im sure someone will advise ) but from a southern point of view Somerset and Ipswich both seem to hate each others track with a passion , so im not sure the Witches will be on the Rebels wanted list !

Any further thoughts ?

If the play-offs end as the league stands now, obviously Somerset and Edinburgh are the stand out teams, though right now Scunthorpe are the team to avoid.

I`m sure at least Edinburgh will be keen to get Berwick and Workington.

I see Berwick and Worky as the outsiders ,but can't see Edinburgh or Somerset wanting Scunny but one of them will get them.I fancy Edinburgh to finish as Champs with Scunny as dark horses.

If the play-offs end as the league stands now, obviously Somerset and Edinburgh are the stand out teams, though right now Scunthorpe are the team to avoid.

I`m sure at least Edinburgh will be keen to get Berwick and Workington.

Absolutely, a Northern triumverate, keep the expenses down as well!! :D

Absolutely, a Northern triumverate, keep the expenses down as well!! :D

It would that, it also would give Edinburgh their best possible chance of getting to the Final. If the other group was Somerset, Ipswich and Scunthorpe, I wouldn't to pick a winner from that little lot.

If the other group was Somerset, Ipswich and Scunthorpe, I wouldn't to pick a winner from that little lot.

Would fancy 6 home wins, then all coming down to points difference. As we know, when Somerset are on fire at home they can rattle up the 5-1's, I'd probably give them the edge, but certainly wouldn't put any money on it. But (probably) with 2 Saturdays sides in 1 group and 2 Friday sides in the other, I hope common sense prevails and somebody can switch and get the thing over and done with. Still got cups to sort out as well.