British Speedway Forum
stevehone

Kings Lynn V Poole 14/08/14

So it was Star Lady's typo. Lol. I think Bruce had an E/F when on a 5-1 with TT. It's been a while since Buster has produced one like that!!

So it was Star Lady's typo. Lol. I think Bruce had an E/F when on a 5-1 with TT. It's been a while since Buster has produced one like that!!

I take the fifth amendment !

• Like 1

In what should have been an eagerly awaited clash between the league's top two teams , It seems strange at the lack of posting on this topic.

I thought it was just me who is P----d off with the whole scenario of Poole pulling the strings, But from the looks of this thread, so are a lot of other posters.

Whatever happens tonight will be hollow, and not mean a damn thing.

Things could get interesting.

We are level on racing meeting's with the fixers and they lay 10 points behind. If they were to pick up a 4 pointer tonight it would see them just sit 6 points behind.

With tonight's meeting there are 9 meeting's remaining and it is critical we get the win and all 3 points tonight. If they win I just feel that may be enough to give them fixers enough to push on an steal top spot then move on to play-off winners.

Forget the Compton situation, Poole really have ramped it up in recent weeks.

Squeaky bum time for us Stars fans, we really really need this win badly tonight.

Honestly can't see anything other than 3 points for the Stars, that's if the weather doesn't win.

Not overjoyed with using Harris, but I don't know how he usually goes around Lynn.

Old boy's Darcy and Magic should go OK so we need big performances from Josh and Vaclav, who I'm not sure if he's ever been there before, and our guest rider.

We should get out gunned at reserve, although Kyle is riding well at present the home boys are pretty dominant round there.

Just seen the forecast it's it's the 'showers that can hit anywhere' scenario. Also supposed to be slow moving so if they hit (Saddelebow?) they won't be clearing quickly.

Will make a decision on travelling later this morning.

Win, Lose or draw, lets hope its a good nights entertainment. To me thats it all it should be about. Its when it hits the business end of the season thats when it becomes all about results.

45-45 Darcy to go through the card.

• Like 1

Never mind the table, if Poole win tonight they land a big psychological blow with the Play Offs only a few weeks away. Hopefully none of our boys are undercooked having not ridden at home for a few weeks, perhaps a few will be practicing today to get back into the NA groove.

Starlady is cutting off her nose to spite her face, I'd never do that hahahahahahaha

Cutting off her nose again! Starlady would rather watch on telly. I would go if I could but anyone not going because of compton is doing their club no favours

Things could get interesting.

We are level on racing meeting's with the fixers and they lay 10 points behind. If they were to pick up a 4 pointer tonight it would see them just sit 6 points behind.

With tonight's meeting there are 9 meeting's remaining and it is critical we get the win and all 3 points tonight. If they win I just feel that may be enough to give them fixers enough to push on an steal top spot then move on to play-off winners.

Forget the Compton situation, Poole really have ramped it up in recent weeks.

Squeaky bum time for us Stars fans, we really really need this win badly tonight.

Don't forget that in the last 4 seasons Poole have finished top and bottled it - yet won it when they were not top. Means nothing to finish top anymore.

Cutting off her nose again! Starlady would rather watch on telly. I would go if I could but anyone not going because of compton is doing their club no favours

Just to clarify I won't be watching on TV (don't think it's on anyway) and I don't really think you could call King's Lynn my club anymore as I've only been to the NA about 3 times in the last 4 years.

I'd be more than happy with the same result as the 'A' fixture, although I can't see NKI scoring as poorly as 4+3 again!! :t:

Having said that its Milik's second Poole visit to the Arena so should be better this time around.

Edited by Skidder1

Really looking forward to this one just hope the weather doesn't spoil it! I don't care about the politics just going to see the Stars v Pirates. As long as we win of course ;)

• Like 2

Poole are on a bit of a roll at the moment, disposing of opponents almost as quickly as they are disposing of their draft riders.

If they win tonight, and I think they just might, it will mean nothing. Roll on September, we're in the play-offs already by my maths so it doesn't matter. 2 maybe 4 meetings in Autumn will decide it all.