British Speedway Forum

Off the top of my head I'd go for Janno in 1990 and Nielsen in 1994.

OUT of interest (or boredom - it's raining) who would you consider to be the best riders in 1990n and 1994?

Hans in 94. 90 you could mske arguments for hans, jan o, moran or jonsson. I reckon hans would have won a gp series both years.

ADMIT he's a mate but always felt Tetum could have won at Bradford ... the track really suited him but he got shafted by Hans (a friend!) in a vital heat.

ADMIT he's a mate but always felt Tetum could have won at Bradford ... the track really suited him but he got shafted by Hans (a friend!) in a vital heat.

Tatum was always too inconsistent to string together five good rides in a row, especially at the highest level. Never mattered what the track was like.

He maybe started to get it together when he focused on longtrack, but not at his speedway career peak.

BTW - Tatum did exactly the same thing to Nielsen in the previous years' Intercontinental Final, so it's all fair in love and war.

So I pressume Darcy Ward will ride in Gorzow if we hear nothing from the FIM. Isn't that rather strange? Also why doesn't anybody seem to know when the FIM hearing will be?

• Like 1

So I pressume Darcy Ward will ride in Gorzow if we hear nothing from the FIM. Isn't that rather strange? Also why doesn't anybody seem to know when the FIM hearing will be?

BECAUSE the FIM haven't told us...

BECAUSE the FIM haven't told us...

Are the FIM untouchable? why hasn't a decision been made it should of been either way,
  • Like 2

Maybe they'll do what they did with shawn moran, let him ride the remaining meetings then strip him of his medal...

• Like 1

Tatum was always too inconsistent to string together five good rides in a row, especially at the highest level. Never mattered what the track was like.

He maybe started to get it together when he focused on longtrack, but not at his speedway career peak.

BTW - Tatum did exactly the same thing to Nielsen in the previous years' Intercontinental Final, so it's all fair in love and war.

He just couldn't consistently go great guns, fire himself to the front and create super speedway.

OUT of interest (or boredom - it's raining) who would you consider to be the best riders in 1990n and 1994?

1990 - Trevor O'Brien. Well, I liked him..... Depends on your criteria I guess. Most fun I'd had since the legendary Pete Wigley. As for 1994, was there a speedway season?

Edited by rmc
  • Like 3

Is it such a difficult decision to make? Surely not.

No it shouldn't be really and I find it strange that there aren't any pre-defined rulings for riders who are caught being intoxicated in relation to a meeting.

Are the FIM untouchable? why hasn't a decision been made it should of been either way,

According to Twitter there are "some legal concerns". No idea what they are.