British Speedway Forum

As Proud Panther said Glasgow made the change when Kozza got injured keeping us under 42.50 on the 15 June so we can have 7 riders.What have Peterborough and Sheffield done nothing but use other teams riders.Surely this has to stop at sometime at least we went out and made something happen

as you can see by the posters nobody is really having a go at Glasgow,it's just the rules that are unclear regarding this situation,they have gave Glasgow the benefit in this instance which is fair enough,but you can bet your bottom dollar this will crop up again,just hope they are consistent in their decisions.
  • Like 1

Riders are basically self employed workers . It would be unfair of any club to deny a rider the chance of making extra money

Exactly, the sport is has its complications and contradictions, riders classed as assets but also classed as basically self employed.

Like I say the sport can be both unique and frustrating at times.

How it will work now with regards to points limit, with Dimitri quitting the team and returning to France at the weekend??

As it stands, team looks like this

Nick 8.5

James 5.93

Aaron 7.2

David 7.33

Richard 8.33

Victor 3.95

A N Other

Totals - 41.24

leaving 1.26?

Do we get up to 4.81 of Dimitri's average to find a replacement?

Edited by cheggie

Interesting to see who will replace Howe😜

Replacing Berge is the priority just now. Howe's r/r rides can be taken by everyone except Morris.

I thought Dmitri would have gone well at Sheffield on Thursday but not to be.

Strange - he flew in a couple of heats at Peterborough.

James Wright for Howe?

No thanks, we sacked him/he stepped down in June the previous season and was very poor. Not sure I could cope with the number of false starts he and James Sarjeant would create in the one meeting!

• Like 2

Berge statement:

"I owe the truth to the Glasgow Tigers Fans. I did not loose my confidence and still have full faith in my ability to ride - this is not the reason that pushed me to leave the club. During the past few months I was under constant pressure from the management team and I was not in a trusting work relationship, that I believe is an essential part of my sport. I left the team because I could no longer put up with the "ambiance". I will not make any further comment in respect to the sponsors, fans and my mechanic Robert all of whom have always supported and respected me.
I would like to thank the fans and the sponsors but also Alison, Laura, Lindsay, Jim, Ian, Jennifer, Georges and I am sure I am forgetting many others.
I wish the best of luck to my team mates and to my friend Victor "à bientôt".
Believe me they have crossed the Red Line but what is the point of airing our dirty laundry online ! I want the Glasgow Club to keep their honour because of my great respect for you my fans but not for them .
Tigers Riders have as safe journey on your way to a long-awaited victory !
"

• Like 1

Things maybe aren't as good behind the scenes through the west as it seems then.

Hardly…..

It’s one riders interpretation of events, it isn’t reason enough for most to begin joyously slating Glasgow Speedway for the next few pages.