British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thebaron

Scunthorpe 2015

Probably under the case by case appeal section under the fact that his average in his last race season was over 7

Good luck with that one!

The BSPA will consider applications for Discretionary Endorsements for riders who do not meet the above requirements on an individual discretionary basis. Decisions will be made by the BSPA Management Committee who will consider written applications from the club and/or rider concerned. The Management Committee will give written reasons for their decision. Factors to be taken into account when making a discretionary decision will be:-
o Whether the riders record in Speedway has been at the highest level and they will contribute significantly to the development of the sport.
o Whether exceptional factors prevented the rider from meeting the aforementioned endorsement requirements.
Alex Davies' record in speedway has been primarily at reserve, he had one season as a second string. Hardly a great record.
Admittedly, he might get away with the second. But I'd say it's tough rubbish. Why didn't he ride in a state final? He messed up, again. So tough.
Edited by SCB

Well his record will go on his last average at the end of his last sponsership which was over 7. Reading the rules it appears on a tier 2 you only need to gain the 7 by the end of the 3 years it lasts so it doesn't matter what you do on the first 2. Highest level equates to at least a 7pt pl ave which he has. The second part on reasons why he was not here for the previous season other people will know better but if it was not for those factors he was eligible so sense would say he still should be. I'm sure the MC will use more than just the factors listed but hope whatever they do it is sensible and consistent.

So just how does Alex Davies qualify for a work permit? Didnt finish top 4 in a state final and didnt average over 7 last season.

Just out off curiosity but you seem to be very vocal on who, why & where regarding Visa's.

Question posed regarding Kozza Smith and the comment about i hope Glasgow have a plan B and now on the Scunny thread regarding Alex Davies it is almost as if you are gloating but really you are just assuming when the decision regarding Kozza & Alex Davies has not yet been made.

Until and only until it is announced from an official source either way that they have or have not then we will know for certain and not because you post assumptions.

We could all say how can they meet the criteria set out but none off us really know including you the decision makers will make there desicion and then we will know where we all stand so really no point in discussing what you think really is there until the official decision is made.

• Like 8

Just out off curiosity but you seem to be very vocal on who, why & where regarding Visa's.

Question posed regarding Kozza Smith and the comment about i hope Glasgow have a plan B and now on the Scunny thread regarding Alex Davies it is almost as if you are gloating but really you are just assuming when the decision regarding Kozza & Alex Davies has not yet been made.

Until and only until it is announced from an official source either way that they have or have not then we will know for certain and not because you post assumptions.

We could all say how can they meet the criteria set out but none off us really know including you the decision makers will make there desicion and then we will know where we all stand so really no point in discussing what you think really is there until the official decision is made.

Cracking post gaz scb is very good at making assumptions their usually wrong though good luck to kozza and alex davies o hope they are both racong in pl this season
  • Like 1

Cracking post gaz scb is very good at making assumptions their usually wrong though good luck to kozza and alex davies o hope they are both racong in pl this season

So following rules set out by the governing body is an assumption? I would say it's common sense. Deciding to set new rules and then ignoring them is nothing short of madness.
  • Like 1

So following rules set out by the governing body is an assumption? I would say it's common sense. Deciding to set new rules and then ignoring them is nothing short of madness.

why somerset do it regularly!
  • Like 1

So just how does Alex Davies qualify for a work permit? Didnt finish top 4 in a state final and didnt average over 7 last season.

He couldn't average over 7 last season due to UKBA cooling off period so they take his previous years. Which is ok

I can also put your mind at rest and tell you he's here a week today..with I nice new freshly stamped visa

• Like 8

He couldn't average over 7 last season due to UKBA cooling off period so they take his previous years. Which is ok

I can also put your mind at rest and tell you he's here a week today..with I nice new freshly stamped visa

So what you're saying is, the new rules say the previous season yet it doesn't actually refer to the previous season?

The only thing that springs to mind is Brady Kurtz potential dodgy average... last time I checked, doing something once isn't regular.

Thats great news as most fans of speedway will agree!
  • Like 2

In time to take his place in the Billy Sanders Memorial on the 19th :t:

• Like 1

So what you're saying is, the new rules say the previous season yet it doesn't actually refer to the previous season?

The only thing that springs to mind is Brady Kurtz potential dodgy average... last time I checked, doing something once isn't regular.

Ignoring of course that May announced an illegal team to the supporters meeting, despite he had been told before that meeting that it WAS illegal. Now that's twice in two years. :P

• Like 2

It just strikes me as madness. UKV&I clamp down on the sport and within weeks the sport is handing out dodgy visas. It's like they think they're above the law.

It just strikes me as madness. UKV&I clamp down on the sport and within weeks the sport is handing out dodgy visas. It's like they think they're above the law.

It's not handing out dodgy visas. If a rider could not compete in the UK last season, then their previous season's average is the one taken into account.

Or do you think you know better than the UK government, who have set the rules in the first place?

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

Ignoring of course that May announced an illegal team to the supporters meeting, despite he had been told before that meeting that it WAS illegal. Now that's twice in two years. :P

All irrelevant, as he signed someone else without Holder ever riding for Somerset.

NOTHING to do with me.

• Like 2