British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

Somewhat like you and Skidder !!!

I like what I like and like what is factual! :t:

• Like 1

I like what I like and like what is factual! :t:

And the FACT is Pooles track was an embarrassment last night as mentioned by decent Poole fans! Or are they all wrong as well???

I wasn't at Swindon last night but from what I saw on twitter it looked to me very much as though they had just moved the greyhound track covers onto the speedway track. If that's the case then the "speedway" track covers should have been available for Poole to use unless these are the same covers and Ronnie the Spiv is renting them back to the Swindon greyhound people

Swindon used the "BSPA" track covers. There were pictures and a description of what was done on the trackstaff's blog.

It seems that there is only one set of these covers. Swindon didn't use the plastic sheeting from the greyhound track.

It was said at the meeting that without these covers the match at Swindon would have been cancelled.

Poole didn't have these covers so Poole was cancelled. It all seems to make sense to me.

• Like 2

It could have been a gate and go bore fest even without the weather - it could have been bone dry and slick. Why say its a shame for the home fans - clearly it was brilliant for the visiting fans. Swindon, a supposedly very strong team, have only got themselves to blame - not the weather or the track.

PS: postponed, not cancelled (as in suspended, not banned).

And that's supposed to take place on the first bend at Wimborne Road!

It's ashame for them because of the 'racing' that was served up and the vast majority of those fans who stumped up the money to watch it live would be home team fans, thought that would be obvious. British speedway needs all the paying fans it can get to survive and for some that may have been one of the few meetings they'd been to - will they go again? Any fan of speedway should be able to realise that the meeting was dire and would not attract casual fans to watch again on TV either.

Thanks also for the rather childish correction when I wrote 'cancelled' instead of 'postponed' - and actually it's p.s. as in postscript, not PS: as in whatever....... :oops:

• Like 1

Don't slate me if this turn sout to be wrong but according to oddschecker site, the small meeting on thursday is on sky sports 2 at 7.30

• Like 1

Don't slate me if this turn sout to be wrong but according to oddschecker site, the small meeting on thursday is on sky sports 2 at 7.30

LIVE greyhounds on Sky Sports 2, no live sport on SS3 or SS4 tho.

Now showing Live on Sky Sports 2 7:30pm

• Like 1

Just looking at the Sky planner, and Thursday 7.30pm, SS2 Channel 403, Live Elite League Speedway

Oops, MartinH beat me to it!

Edited by Midland Red

Excellent. Only question now is will the hole be filled in and what happens if it isn't.

Sky Sports very own soap opera :P

Swindon used the "BSPA" track covers. There were pictures and a description of what was done on the trackstaff's blog.

It seems that there is only one set of these covers. Swindon didn't use the plastic sheeting from the greyhound track.

It was said at the meeting that without these covers the match at Swindon would have been cancelled.

Poole didn't have these covers so Poole was cancelled. It all seems to make sense to me.

Fair enough, I stand corrected

Let's hope the track is being repaired today seeing as they're having a reasonable day weather wise and the track covers are on there way down south.

If none of those are under way questions need to be asked asap.

and your point is?

The fact is Swindon busted a gut to get the meeting on and obviously have track staff that can prepare a track.

Poole did not bust a gut or have incompetent track staff.

Uninformed lol

Sorry did you need to be there!! I watched it on tv and listened to the riders. Nobody is saying it shouldnt have been cancelled due to safety (didnt listen to Middlo i turn the sound off when he opens his mouth)

What EVERYONE is saying that it was piss poor preparation from a so called big club.

If the club and Matt Ford are as successful as we are supposed to believe then surely he should have the right staff / equipment to guarantee the meeting went ahead.

Its not hard to suspect Pooles promotion were not to bothered if it did or didnt.

But yes its my hatred of all things Poole and not what was actually in front of our eyes.

Now that beyond doubt PROVES you are a Troll Gavan, there was no need for you or anybody else to comment on Skidders post, which is totally correct. You just cannot stop yourself from pulling the club to pieces on vertually every post that is put up.

You are totally clueless, and you have a massive chip and obsession with this club, mainly through jealousy.

You claim to be an Ipswich fan, so go back to your league and spout your guff on their, but i doubt you are any clubs fan, you are just an out and out Troll who clearly is a sad individual who has nothing else to do with his time. You cite me and Steve as being Trolls wind up merchants or whatever, but you are far and away head and shoulders above us when it come to drivel on this forum. Do us all a favour will you. CLEAR OFF. We are sick and tired of your remarks and rambllings. You are everything Speedway doesn't need right now.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Let's hope the track is being repaired today seeing as they're having a reasonable day weather wise and the track covers are on there way down south.

If none of those are under way questions need to be asked asap.

It's raining here actually :(