British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Elite League Grand Final 1st Leg - Coventry Friday 17th October

Rain will arrive at around 9pm ;)

Depends what forecast you use. Rain to hit between 6 and 10.

Oh dear the weather forecast seems to have changed again with rain due to be in Coventry from 18:00 hours hopefully that changes again and comes after 22:00

Precedent was set last night,get on with it. :P

• Like 1

Precedent was set last night,get on with it. :P

Running heats quickly with no gardening or faffing about yes please. Riding in heavy rain, no way. Last night was purely down to pressure (not gonna name them but they have schedules :P ). For the fans who have been messed about with dates etc and charged an extra £3, this should be run in good racing conditions and if that means postponing, so be it.

Mon the Bees

• Like 1

It's a final you should expect to pay a little extra for it. Any other sport would bump the price up far far more than 3 quid! It's been standard practice for a final all clubs have done it in the past.

Agreed, £3 hike not too bad, but with it being on TV and cold wet weather expected, may be a barrier to stop some attending.

I hope Poole win overall, but I think the form books suggests its Coventry's to lose.

Sincerely hope all riders race hard and stay safe.

All fans shout for your favourites and enjoy some friendly banter.

After the semi finals call offs, give us all a Final to remember.

Agreed, £3 hike not too bad, but with it being on TV and cold wet weather expected, may be a barrier to stop some attending.

Perhaps, I now have 2 cars full of family members now going where as it's usually just me and my daughter for a regular meeting.

We just have to hope the rain comes after 9pm.

Massive gamble, let's hope it doesn't blow up in our face...!

Would it have been more prudent to see if Max Fricke was available after his heroics guesting for us this year?

[/quote

You could always try rory schlein, he seems to go well as a guest

Edited by castrolargh

The difference was Sky was not there last night, well......only loosely.

Tonight will be a different kettle of fish with the same old line trotted out of "we are expecting rain, so we are going to get on with it" cue pointless interviews after each race, and commercial breaks at every opportunity.

When rain is around the last thing you want is for the sky cameras to be around, all they care about is trying to pad the thing out to two hours or pad it out long enough to get ten heats done.

• Like 2

Can somebody please explain the 8 day rule re guests. King and Batchelor tonight and last night for Poole??? Thanks in advance.