British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Berwick Border Trophy 2nd Leg 12/10/14 19:30 Hrs

Can Worky pull back 7pts to beat the Bandits on aggregate.....Sunny and warm here in West Cumbria.

Depends on which riders turn up, the disinterested ones, or, the we'll give it a go bunch! To be honest don't know whether I Can be arsed to move from in front of Tele.

its a good chance to see a new worky rider for 2015 in action,,

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Berwick only have seven points to play with so should be pretty determined, I'm hopeful tho that the Comets will have enough to squeeze through by around 50-40!! Cant be there tonight because of work so will keep an eye out for the result? ;)

Yet another shambles. :icon_smile_clown:

If the track was unfit then why was this not decided before the meeting started?

Surely the riders must have inspected the track pre-meeting and thought "hmm, this looks a bit dodgy", would it not then have been sensible for one of the senior riders to have given the track a try out?

By the way, where do I collect my refund?

Lost for words!

I really do fear for worky's future. This season has been one disaster after another. Derwent park must be cursed!

• Like 1

Wasn't there tonight so I will admit I have no idea of track conditions, Only going on what I have read from various riders' twitter feeds. Sometimes you are in a no-win situation. If the meeting had been abandoned before the start, people would have moaned about riders not giving it a go. They try a couple of heats and people moan about why they didn't call it off before the meeting started.

• Like 1

I really do fear for worky's future. This season has been one disaster after another. Derwent park must be cursed!

you may have a point there

the promotion have not done too much wrong but everything seems to bite them hard

Wasn't there tonight so I will admit I have no idea of track conditions, Only going on what I have read from various riders' twitter feeds. Sometimes you are in a no-win situation. If the meeting had been abandoned before the start, people would have moaned about riders not giving it a go. They try a couple of heats and people moan about why they didn't call it off before the meeting started.

As I've suggested, with track conditions looking poor why not try a couple of heats before the meeting starts and before people have turned up and paid money to get in?

I wasn't there ,what was the reason for track conditions being poor was there an issue with the weather?

Fair play to those Workington riders that did give it a go, it was obvious from the off that the Berwick side had no intention whatsoever of doing likewise.

• Like 3

Unfortunately your damned if you do and your damned if you don't. This season if Workington didn't have any bad luck, then they wouldn't have had any luck.

As I've suggested, with track conditions looking poor why not try a couple of heats before the meeting starts and before people have turned up and paid money to get in?

they couldnt due to planning restrictions on a sunday as there is a church not far away and 7.30 is the earliest night time start

they could have tested in afternoon before 4.30

I wasn't there ,what was the reason for track conditions being poor was there an issue with the weather?

had very heavy rain during the week so not sure if its all down to that or the put more water on today and found the base allready holding water

they couldnt due to planning restrictions on a sunday as there is a church not far away and 7.30 is the earliest night time start

they could have tested in afternoon before 4.30

had very heavy rain during the week so not sure if its all down to that or the put more water on today and found the base allready holding water

Thanks