British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Glasgow (sat April 4) League Cup

Great win after a slow start. Hopefully the first of many away wins this season.

• Like 1

Great result for the tiggers, you signed a good one in Nick Morris.

• Like 2

Great result for the tiggers, you signed a good one in Nick Morris.

some of us knew that when he first came over in 2010 :) :)

• Like 2

Well done Tigers, good comeback after a strong start from the Bandits.

Palovaara and Berge, good prospects.

For us, good to see Luke getting into the mix, a good score from Alex and Voldrih showing signs of getting a bit of speed.

I think if Claus hadn't come off (don't know what happened) we would have still just sneaked it.

Possibly the most mind numbingly boring meeting I have ever witnessed. Glasgow got themsleves together once they started gating and were always going to win. For Berwick Doolan started well and faded, the Slovenian cant gate for toffee so clearly going to be a good Berwick rider. Vissing disappointing in my opinion. TJ ok nothing more, he should really have won ht14. The track produced absolutely no racing sadly, not having a go just an observation, very disappointing. Get beat again next week and I think the healthy crowds will just tail off.

• Like 1

Was in the area earlier in the day so I thought I would pop along and see some speedway. Wish I hadn't It was horrible to watch.

Berwick started well by getting out the gate but second half of the meeting was a different story Glasgow started trapping and even if a Berwick rider was faster there was no chance you were going to pass anyone. The track was so slick and bare it was ridiculous.

Edited by Mr Blobby

Well a meeting off two half's if ever there was one with the Bandits dominating the first half and a turnaround in gating saw us dominating the second half of the meeting little chance off any passing so gating was paramount.

Pleased to get our season off to a winning start and Rich & Nick in 13 & 15 were just sublime Rich's move in 15 to block Doolan's run and allow Nick through was pretty impressive stuff another enjoyable day in Bandit territory with the result making it a better day albeit the racing was from the gate stuff hopefully the travelling Bandits will have as an enjoyable day tomorrow as we did today but without the away win part.

I think you will be suitably impressed with the stadium and the usual Glasgow hospitality.

Was in the area earlier in the day so I thought I would pop along and see some speedway. Wish I hadn't I was horrible to watch.

Berwick started well by getting out the gate but second half of the meeting was a different story Glasgow started trapping and even if a Berwick rider was faster there was no chance you were going to pass anyone. The track was so slick and bare it was ridiculous.

You are too hard on yourself maybe not nice to watch but calling yourself horrible to watch is an exaggeration :D .

You are too hard on yourself maybe not nice to watch but calling yourself horrible to watch is an exaggeration :D .

Must proof read before posting. I was having great evening wathcing your lot taking a gubbing until the tide changed. Was not pleased in the slightest. :D

• Like 1

Well that looks like that one piece of silverware that's not coming to Shielfield this season . Very poor meeting IMHO dull & boring , with only the good company I was in that made the trip worthwhile .

Edited by DSC67
  • Like 2

I was having great evening wathcing your lot taking a gubbing until the tide changed. Was not pleased in the slightest. :D

Were only too happy to oblige in ruining your evening Mr B i can retire contented that it turned out that way :D .

• Like 1

Possibly the most mind numbingly boring meeting I have ever witnessed. Glasgow got themsleves together once they started gating and were always going to win. For Berwick Doolan started well and faded, the Slovenian cant gate for toffee so clearly going to be a good Berwick rider. Vissing disappointing in my opinion. TJ ok nothing more, he should really have won ht14. The track produced absolutely no racing sadly, not having a go just an observation, very disappointing. Get beat again next week and I think the healthy crowds will just tail off.

I think criticising the riders is a bit harsh given the state of the track .Passing was just about impossible and they seemed to be giving their all in vain .I do agree agree things will have to improve if we want to hold the crowd levels during the season .I also understand that riders prefer slick tracks at the start of a season but surely that track tonight was too slick or maybe that's how or team want it ? It certainly was not entertainment tonight .Well done to the Tigers though they did adapt to the track when it mattered. Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

Back to how it was last season... decent 1st half performance and a 2nd half crumble.. said to me Mam I wasn't counting me chickens after heat 7... didn't want to be proved right though! The track was not conducive to any racing whatsoever... ach well, least we'll be behind from the start next week rather than lose it in the last few heats! Will still be at Glasgow later today god forbid!

Back to how it was last season... decent 1st half performance and a 2nd half crumble.. said to me Mam I wasn't counting me chickens after heat 7... didn't want to be proved right though! The track was not conducive to any racing whatsoever... ach well, least we'll be behind from the start next week rather than lose it in the last few heats! Will still be at Glasgow later today god forbid!

Should have also added it was good to see Luke get on the score chart!

• Like 4