British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Apart From Speedway?

On TV - all sorts

In the flesh, drag racing. Has to be seen to be believed.

• Like 1

On TV - all sorts

In the flesh, drag racing. Has to be seen to be believed.

Don't their wigs blow off ?

• Like 2

Don't their wigs blow off ?

:t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

National Hunt Racing, Rugby Union (Northampton Saints & Super Rugby Chiefs), Tennis, Boxing, Moto GP - used to love Superbikes when Aaron Slight & Fogarty were racing, Athletics when it doesn't drag on too much.

Just Formula 1 holds my interest - particularly with the Mercedes Team now doing so well (I'm a Classic Merc nut).

Football - my life-long love affair ended about 4 years ago. Probably due to being a Leyton Orient Supporter. There's only so much punishment that a human can take.

Went to grasstrack once, made speedway seem quick and efficient.It just seemed to drag and frankly the racing was pants.

I'd love to go to Marmande for the longtrack GP though - apparently it's something pretty special.

Agreed some club meeting can be pretty varied in terms of competitor level and sometimes run too many classes.

That said the European semi final is in Kent this weekend and will be some serious speed there.

In person, I spend a lot of my spare time following my football team, tend to only miss 1 or 2 games a season, and pick up about a dozen other games a year either in England or overseas. Do the NFL Wembley games and try to do a game in the States every couple of years. Started going to Milton Keynes Ice Hockey this season occasionally which is a lot of fun. One day at a test match every year, and baseball at least once a year when I'm in Seattle.

In addition to that on TV, normally watch the F1, sometimes watch Rugby League but not as much as I used to, and tend to watch the last day of the golf majors.

So a fairly wide selection, only mainstream sports in this country that I really can't stand are Rugby Union, Athletics and anything cycling related.

I've tended to rank Speedway at #3 on my list of "favourite" sports but my patience is getting tested, luckily the NHL season is nearly over and I don't get to watch as much cricket as I'd like to so it's probably safe for another year unless (although I wouldn't put money on it).

BTCC, Moto GP, F1. And best of all, Speed Hill Climb - a full day's racing non-stop (except for a gentlemanly break for lunch) for the price of a speedway match. Ever seen a 600 bhp single-seater racing up a single track road? Makes four blokes on bokes look tame.

Oops, forgot Superbikes and WRC.

With you on this. My mate got me into it and we've been to Loton Park, Gurston Down, Prescott and Shelsey Walsh. My favourite has to be the meeting at Shelsley when the Spitfire does it's stuff flying down the valley.

rugby union, F1 cos a family member is part of hamilton's pit crew touring cars are more exciting though especially as there is now a connection to my beloved rockets. anyother sport as the mood takes me except football and cricket. one of the gripes on this forum about speedway is that you only get 15 minutes of action in a two and half hour meeting. how many seconds of action do you get in a 5 day cricket test match?

• Like 1

The season has not long finished , but I love Saturday nights watching the Braehead Clan in the British Elite ice hockey league . Also I love a day at the horse racing .

rugby union, F1 cos a family member is part of hamilton's pit crew touring cars are more exciting though especially as there is now a connection to my beloved rockets. anyother sport as the mood takes me except football and cricket. one of the gripes on this forum about speedway is that you only get 15 minutes of action in a two and half hour meeting. how many seconds of action do you get in a 5 day cricket test match?

'ere - watch it!!! :angry: :angry:

You are talking about one of my favourite Sports there. :o;):) :)

'ere - watch it!!! :angry: :angry:

You are talking about one of my favourite Sports there. :o;):) :)

But he is right Ian. :P

And remember, they take ages to polish their balls by rubbing it in their crotch. Women and children watching :nono::D

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

But he is right Ian. :P

And remember, they take ages to polish their balls by rubbing it in their crotch. Women and children watching :nono::D

YUK!!!

I don't like to think about that too much Dave. I gives me the 'willies'. :unsure::shock: :shock: :P:blink: