British Speedway Forum

Well said Paulco...but I think those brain dead morons booing Nicki just hate him anyway!!

It would not be as interesting without a villain to be booed.

Have spoken to Nicki off the track and actually he is a very pleasant individual, he just grows horns when on a bike.

These organisations state lessons will be learnt, having seen the results of gate 4 it was obvious they were not.

Thought someone (Phil?) posted earlier that they did try to rectify the issue but succeeded only in making gate 1 better (or evened out 2-4 somewhat)

A few observations of my own

1 we were outside ready to get in at 4pm-and everyone seemed to get through really quick-were there any security checks taking place at all? worrying if not !

2 something further needs to be done to ramp up the atmosphere during the meeting-more music would certainly help

3 it annoy`s me that the interviews for the world feed broadcast(Brando)are not shown on the big screens.

4 After every block of 4 heats, they could post the scorers list on the big screen-I know kevin Coombes did go through them(he did a really good job as always)

WOULD love to see, where at all possible, some kind of 'success ballast' like the British Touring Cars (and other forms) adopt. Whether it be for gates or championship positions.

If for gates..

Once each rider has completed one ride, if a certain gate is more favourable, then an added wieght (success ballast) is added to the bike to neturalise the advantage. It could be reviewed after each 4 races with the more favourable gate getting the weight. If the stats suggest two gates are the same then split the ballast, and only when it's 25% for each gate is no ballast added. It could be removed for the semis/final just to add some twist, perhaps.

For championship...

At the start of each new GP, the top eight riders are given added weight to their bikes. So whoever is number one would get the highest amount and it cascades down accordingly, getting lighter.

I know it's a little out there, but it'd be great to see how the riders and mechanics adapt to the weight, the tactics considered and how over each GP the top 8 have to balance out all the factores.

Edited by SGP

We can rule out a spreadsheet error can`t we ? :lol:

We can now! :oops:

As Ove FundinFan said, it was 5 third places. :oops:

ATB

Dave

Edited by Gambo

After a few years of trying I have finally got my other half into speedway and shall be attending Cardiff next year. I really enjoyed the meeting even though had to make do with watching it on sky, I'm sure the good weather made it a brill day out for everyone!

I was sat by where the riders came out for the parade................Pedersen was all smiles til his name was announced and as soon as the booing started his head and shoulders dropped and he looked really uncomfortable..................everyone else just looked straight ahead but Nicki was all smiles til then............

A few observations of my own
1 we were outside ready to get in at 4pm-and everyone seemed to get through really quick-were there any security checks taking place at all? worrying if not !
2 something further needs to be done to ramp up the atmosphere during the meeting-more music would certainly help
3 it annoy`s me that the interviews for the world feed broadcast(Brando)are not shown on the big screens.
4 After every block of 4 heats, they could post the scorers list on the big screen-I know kevin Coombes did go through them(he did a really good job as always)

1 Yes there were people checking bags while we queued...............not on entry.............

2 Agreed................

3 Can't say I noticed but some of them were shown

4 would have been useful.............

RP

• Like 1

Music was poor also this might be naff but gets the crowd going Peter Kay show me the way to Amorillow with the crowd on the air horns and Mexican waves never happened and even the bongo drums on the big screen as I say it might be naff but it gets the crowd going - Saturday was flat as a squashed hedgehog on the M25

• Like 1

Another wee point about Saturday . I'm not Welsh , but I love their national anthem , but it's far better sung . When it's getting belted out it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up , Saturday's musical version didn't have the same impact .

I'm not Welsh either so does nothing for me either way

Thought someone (Phil?) posted earlier that they did try to rectify the issue but succeeded only in making gate 1 better (or evened out 2-4 somewhat)

When it is not preferable to be off gate 1, and since when is gate 3 ever any good at most tracks? I think BSI will just be happy to have a rideable track and the starting gate working.

WOULD love to see, where at all possible, some kind of 'success ballast' like the British Touring Cars (and other forms) adopt. Whether it be for gates or championship positions.

If for gates..

Once each rider has completed one ride, if a certain gate is more favourable, then an added wieght (success ballast) is added to the bike to neturalise the advantage. It could be reviewed after each 4 races with the more favourable gate getting the weight. If the stats suggest two gates are the same then split the ballast, and only when it's 25% for each gate is no ballast added. It could be removed for the semis/final just to add some twist, perhaps.

For championship...

At the start of each new GP, the top eight riders are given added weight to their bikes. So whoever is number one would get the highest amount and it cascades down accordingly, getting lighter.

I know it's a little out there, but it'd be great to see how the riders and mechanics adapt to the weight, the tactics considered and how over each GP the top 8 have to balance out all the factores.

Not sure if you're on a wind up but this is the biggest load of ballcocks I've read on here! And that takes some doing...

• Like 2

So the riders disadvantaged by having a rubbish gate in their first ride then get further disadvantaged by having a ballast attached when they get a favourable gate? Was that meant to make it fairer?

So the riders disadvantaged by having a rubbish gate in their first ride then get further disadvantaged by having a ballast attached when they get a favourable gate? Was that meant to make it fairer?

Good point but you're forgetting about the introduction of a multigym and sauna cubicle in each pit, so the riders will be able to drop their body weight between heats, thus rendering the ballast ineffective.

You're also overlooking the introduction of another starting grid on the back straight, so each heat will involve eight riders against the clock, things will be much fairer all round.

Why not do like F1, have pre-meeting practice, and the fastest in practice start in front of the slower riders - that will take away any gate advantage

Why not do like F1, have pre-meeting practice, and the fastest in practice start in front of the slower riders - that will take away any gate advantage

Now we're getting somewhere.

Anyway it matters not, Kelvin Tatum will do 20 flying start laps from each gate (on his engine of course), the times will then be used to assess gate positions.